Was rFactor 2 Beta worth your expectations?

Think we need more options. I was expecting a buggy unfinished product so yes it does meet my expectation atm. Definitely seems a bit over the top though :)

Edit:
I do enjoy the Beta, iam glad we can fiddle with already! forgot to say that, its not ment as a negative post.

I expected a bit more, there are somethings that really should be there. Like, why animated cows and horses and not the pit-crew (even though, an animated pitcrew will be hard to mod to fit every strange car that arrives!
Anyway, I really like it, and I just keep on throwing out screenshots and videos! :p

This is not what i expected...
ATI5850 every graphic settings in game is full or on: max 45 frames offline alone on track (Megane)
and everything is set to low / of i have still around 45 frames. There is something goin g wrong for ATI users, with Directx9 there has to be more more frames.
And what did really change: graphic looks bad, FFB is little better than rf1...but it´s still a beta and ISI got my money, fine!!!
GTR Evolution, even annother older game, still looks much better today and the FFB feels better too.
ISI, there is a lot of work to do and i ask myself what did ISI do over the last 7 years....unbelievable.

many disappointed people here as we can see... but i think rfactor 2 will get better as soon as we upgrade it to a newer build!
It seems great to me! Just like I was expecting it to be in beta phase

To be fair i've only tried it briefly but it looks very similar to RFactor. The changes I have noticed so far could probably have been done by modding the original game. The appearance still makes it look like an arcade game compared to IRacing. Not really sure what I was expecting but it was more than this so for something that has been so eagerly awaited by so many, its a major disappointment.

I was expecting to find rFactor 2 handled like nothing else I'd ever tried. And that's exactly what I got. I'm struggling a little with game performance, and I'm not too fond of the Formula Renault car. But otherwise, I quite like it so far. :)

No.
I was expecting way more precise ffb at least nkpro's and better.When u have speed its ok (acceptable i would say) but in slow corners..no feeling at all and some times i felt it hasnt grip,just like iracing...(i liked thought that wheel doesnt let u driving with one hand...)
When locking tyres no effect(it should have some kind of vibration to worn u and of course the weight of wheel should go to 0 or something).I catched myself looking the tyre that it was locked and then released brake...
(i found some good points in ffb but are few and comparing to no ffb in slow corners it makes it undrivable for me like iracing..im talking all that about formula renault)

Rain is to easy to drive,some are saying that they are faster in rain than dry.(Im not sure here if its a bug or physics problem,i hope its bug)

For some reason graphics in vids and in some photos were looking much better but i can ignore that.(not so important for me).

When goin on limits in a fast apex(example: in the 2 fast right corners of sepang) tyres start to jump,i find this realistic but not jumping so much.Its like bouncing up and down(again compare it to nkpro,watch how is going up and down the suspension-tyres when on limit).

First day i was excited,second starting to think more,third day disapointed..
I made another post and i wasnt hard on rfactor2 cause i didnt wanted to be and i didnt have much info now i have more info,more kilometres.
I said lets w8 its a beta but then i read a post saying if in these 3 years of development couldnt make things work how it can be done in 6 months? And i agree.Im not talking about bugs which i found also as many others(and of course i cant be hard on this) but im talking about precision of ffb and physics.
(im not saying physics are bad,i would say at least they are acceptable and i want to explore them more cause i still have less info,i want to understand them more...

PS:Some are say that ffb is like real,i dont agree cause in simracing we dont have a car to feel the chasis or tyres etc but the only thing to feel the car is our wheel so we need as much info as possible to be able to feel first,and then think that we are driving like real.
Also to some that say that this ffb its the best that they ever experienced....i suggest them driving in netKar PRO and then compare.

PS2:I forgot to say that it has many good things to experience like night,driving line that looses grip through laps and more but if i cant feel them...

PS:Some are say that ffb is like real,i dont agree cause in simracing we dont have a car to feel the chasis or tyres etc but the only thing to feel the car is our wheel so we need as much info as possible to be able to feel first,and then think that we are driving like real.
Also to some that say that this ffb its the best that they ever experienced....i suggest them driving in netKar PRO and then compare.

I run all the sims, Iracing, NKP, Simbin etc and the FFB in rF2 is the best I have tried yet, BUT you do need to set it up right and you do need decent FPS. I agree the FFB in the R3.5 is not great, but tbh thats the car I think. FFB in the other cars is wonderful.

Also PLEASE remember, this is a BETA, many, many things are far from optimised, more are not even turned on......I keep saying this :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back