Wakefield Park

Tracks Wakefield Park v0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
The-IC submitted a new resource:

Wakefield Park - Wakefield Park, NSW, Australia for Assetto Corsa

Read more about this resource...
love your map accuracy, is it possible for you to revisit Winton Motor Raceway? There's no updated versions, only one and it isnt accurate at all in the details of the buildings signage and pits, office garages etc. iRacing version is a real accurate depiction, if you can follow that that'll be so damn awesome, I live in Benalla so it'll be sick if you recreated/ updated Winton.

Bit of a long shot considering the age of this track (although it's still bloody fantastic), but does anyone know if a skin or mod exists to texture the trucks and buildings?
Seems like a shame for the track to be left unfinished like this.

1675940094166.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll do a small interim update to it and include that amongst other simple things…I know I’ve been AWOL, but I have a tad more free time for a little bit

Needs a general modelling overhaul to fix some inaccuracy issues (buildings are fine, track itself and landscape needs a do over), some other time though

For anyone who doesn't know the real track, unfortunately it's been shut since September last year...whether it'll reopen or not, I don't know :O_o:

Last edited:
I'll do a small interim update to it and include that amongst other simple things…I know I’ve been AWOL, but I have a tad more free time for a little bit

Needs a general modelling overhaul to fix some inaccuracy issues (buildings are fine, track itself and landscape needs a do over), some other time though

For anyone who doesn't know the real track, unfortunately it's been shut since September last year...whether it'll reopen or not, I don't know :O_o:
Fantastic news about the update - thanks very much Iain.
Shame about the circuit closing though, but I guess it's all the more reason to preserve it as accurately as possible in digital form.

Great news this mod is still alive - I lived near this track years ago i was late for a Formula Ford drive day and figured all or nothing to make it on time, trip from Canberra took 30mins..had more fun driving to the track that day than on it almost.:)

trip from Canberra took 30mins..had more fun driving to the track that day than on it almost.:)
:confused:...one of the guys I managed to coax into doing a trackday there got a fine that would have paid for another 10 trackdays...I much prefer just doing the trackdays myself :p

Last edited:
Great news!
The acquisition of Wakefield Park Raceway by an established track operator in the region, such as Pheasant Wood Circuit will breathe new life into the raceway and provide a sustainable and commercially viable solution to the circuit, especially whilst addressing the noise concerns that led to its closure.

Great news!
The acquisition of Wakefield Park Raceway by an established track operator in the region, such as Pheasant Wood Circuit will breathe new life into the raceway and provide a sustainable and commercially viable solution to the circuit, especially whilst addressing the noise concerns that led to its closure.
Yeah, saw that...hopefully it works out, but I think I'll wait a bit before getting too excited, changing owners doesn't do anything about the L&E court ruling...also happening very close to a state election :cautious:

Anyway, just listing things to get into an update...transporter trucks are fixed, grid spots are bumped to 36, replaced some old decrepit surface textures with better ones, drift layout is opened...need to do up the rest of the garage area buildings, optimize the tyre walls...and a CSP config...

Probably anything beyond that will need to wait until the track surface and terrain gets redone

Just been chipping away at the pit paddock buildings...still need to model the cafe and the two buildings near the facility entrance
This is great. Thankyou so much. Umm not sure if it was you or not but were you also working on Sydney motorsport park. I saw a demo teaser on youtube but nothing for some years now. It looked good to go. Is that you working on that or was?

Just been chipping away at the pit paddock buildings...still need to model the cafe and the two buildings near the facility entrance

Hey mate!

My name is Jake Shelley, I am the son of Steve Shelley, and our family owns both One Raceway (formally Wakefield Park) and Pheasant Wood Circuit.

First off, I want to extend a huge thanks for your incredible work in creating and updating the Wakefield Park track model for Assetto Corsa. Your dedication and skill in bringing the track to life in the virtual world have truly impressed us. I spent many, many hours lapping Wakefield using your model.

Given your expertise and passion, I'd like to discuss an exciting opportunity with you. As you might be aware, since acquiring One Raceway, we're in the midst of making some significant changes to the track. We're keen to incorporate these updates into the Assetto Corsa model and thought who better to partner with than the person who has already shown such talent and commitment to this track.

We're looking for someone to work closely with us, not just as a contractor, but as a valued partner in this ongoing project. We believe your deep understanding of the track and your modding skills would be invaluable in this venture. To make this collaboration as rewarding and enjoyable as possible for you, we'd be thrilled to offer you hosting at the track, provide all necessary resources, and even discuss granting you access to free track days and other perks.

Your role would involve using your expertise to help us test and refine the track design in the game, aligning it with the physical changes as they happen. We think this could be a fantastic opportunity for both of us, bridging the gap between the virtual and real-world racing experience.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, I'd love to chat further. We can arrange a time to meet, either virtually or at the track, to discuss the details and how we can make this collaboration a success.

Thanks again for your contributions to the racing community, and I hope to hear from you soon! My details:

My email: jake@jiffi.co

Hey Ian, any developments with Wakefield (and Majura, and SMP)?
Shame to see all the hard work unfinished when everything was looking so good.
:)

I've been working with the new owners of the circuit on design changes and upgrades they're implementing to get the actual place reopened as One Raceway, but its still ongoing and not everything is set in stone

This is a teaser vid from a few weeks ago done for an event, however there's more changes that are being made since this iteration was done, plus things that have deliberately been left out

Last edited:
I've been working with the new owners of the circuit on design changes and upgrades they're implementing to get the actual place reopened as One Raceway, but its still ongoing and not everything is set in stone

This is a teaser vid from a few weeks ago done for an event, however there's more changes that are being made since this iteration was done, plus things that have deliberately been left out

Thanks Ian, looking good.
Interesting to see that the new track also runs anticlockwise. Not many tracks officially support reverse layouts these days (I can only think of Knockhill in the UK?), presumably due to safety regulations regarding runoff areas etc., so it's good to see 1R building this into the redesign.

Is the Majura Valley update ever going to go public? Your preview video from 3(!) years ago looked fantastic, and the track looked pretty much complete back then. It's one of my favourite fictional circuits and I know a few people who share that view. Cheers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.