The-IC submitted a new resource:

Wakefield Park - Wakefield Park, NSW, Australia for Assetto Corsa

Wakefield Park, NSW, Australia v0.2
2.2km
17 pit garages

From the readme:

"Assetto Corsa - Wakefield Park, NSW, Australia v0.2 - Iain "The IC" Chandler

Originally submitted to RaceDepartment

Modeled from GPS data pulled from trackdays in my own GT86, and gigabytes of high res photographs.

Copy folder to "\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks" - delete any previous versions first

Please refrain from converting or editing my work without...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks :)...Yeah, the AI can crank out some good lap times if you leave them to it...they tend not to race too well in faster cars, mostly due to the track being so small...the kink/turn 2 at the end of the front straight is a main passing zone in real life, but the AI will chicken out every time at the kink, I'm not entirely sure if there's a way to fine tune them at specific corners in the editor or using the in-game AI tools

Thanks @Hotdogxx60 , was going to have a muck around with the left and right AI splines to see if it helped, it might be similar to what @LilSki did with the kink at Riverside, but I think for mine half the problem will be that the AI just never start the passing manoeuvre early enough for it to work (usually in real life they start it way back at the exit of the final corner, then drag race all the way down the front straight, which the AI just doesnt do from what ive seen)...fingers crossed though

I love this track, but with a motion simulator (SimXperience Stage IV) is extremely bumpy... way more then the bumpiest track. Is this laser scanned or 3D mesh? I hope it gets fixed...otherwise, it's not playable.

Glad to see this progressing! Fun track, tricky in spots but with a nice flow. If I have one complaint, it's a little on the dark side. The lighting seems muted even with a high sun.

Thanks @Hotdogxx60 , was going to have a muck around with the left and right AI splines to see if it helped, it might be similar to what @LilSki did with the kink at Riverside, but I think for mine half the problem will be that the AI just never start the passing manoeuvre early enough for it to work (usually in real life they start it way back at the exit of the final corner, then drag race all the way down the front straight, which the AI just doesnt do from what ive seen)...fingers crossed though
Allow them to cut some by moving the AI line edge gradually onto the grass from within the editor. What happens is when the main AI line gets close to the edge in a fast kink like that, if they are on the inside they 'see' a 'wall' as the line edge starts to 'pinch' the main AI line. If you open up the inner line there it should give them some more balls. They will cut some but that is better then them slamming on the brakes.

@LilSki Thanks, ill give it a go and see what I can come up with :)

@aphidgod Ah ok, ill boost the shaders a little in the next update, thanks

@VFX Pro Ummm...not sure why it would be making that happen...I'll try and look into it, but I honestly don't know what will work and wont work with a motion rig...

Interesting about the bumps, a mate who I race with did a formula ford session there a year or two back and said the track is bumpy.
I race with another guy who I think races with a motion rig I'll get his opinion Tuesday night.

@LilSki Thanks, ill give it a go and see what I can come up with :)

@aphidgod Ah ok, ill boost the shaders a little in the next update, thanks

@VFX Pro Ummm...not sure why it would be making that happen...I'll try and look into it, but I honestly don't know what will work and wont work with a motion rig...
It's a good idea to run a pp filter with a fixed exposure. The stock natural pp filter is fixed so I use that to compare to official content. The default pp filter has auto exposure which can often brighten or dim a track without you knowing.

Unfortunately I race with the guy last night with the motion rig and he said it's not operational at the moment. Sorry I can't give his opinion for a while it seems.

No worries, will work it out eventually I guess...for reference, I run a CSW V2 setup with a HTC Vive, feels perfectly fine on that, and no different to the other tracks with small surface bumps, so I'm not sure why it would be more bumpy specifically on a motion rig

I have no issues with the bumps adds feel to the track but I'm using a G27. Yeah unless you get bombarded by a 1000 motion rig guys why worry:)
Disclaimer... If I win lotto and buy a motion rig I may retract this statement.;)

having trouble with the download....it gets to 198mb and then loops around and restarts the download....but never finishes.
I've downloaded other tracks at the same time and they work ok, any help would be greatly appreciated as this is a track i race on in RL and would love to try it in AC

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 292 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.6%