Wagnum's Graphics Mod

Misc Wagnum's Graphics Mod Final (I promise! ;)

Login or Register an account to download this content
View attachment 153416 View attachment 153417
Mods active in first picture are Peters clouds,Wag's weather and SFX.
Second Is Wag's Weather clouds and SFX.
I should also point out that when I viewed the pictures with windows they looked very different to when playing the game?
Edit: Light clouds in game.
And I might the order wrong but I think it's correct.:)
Looking at the clouds I would have thought the second one is more my cloud collection but cant be certain... As for the colours being different in viewing the image to in game, it's due to the fact Windows and certain image viewing programs dont use the full colour range. If you view the images in photoshop it would probably look like it does in game but through internet explorer, chrome etc the colour range will be limited somewhat...

The game and pictures on chrome look the same it's windows picture viewer that has no blue spectrum kinda thing.
I like the bottom one better.:)

Hi - love your work and was enjoying the night setting as Nords in the dark was a fun challenge .. the last two updates have turned night to no longer look like night - ☺️ Do you plan to reinstate . Hope you do - thanks for all your efforts

WagnumPI updated Wagnum's Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Final edition unless Kunos do something spectacular on later updates

So kind of run out of things to do now but the improvements on this one I think I were the download;

- Made the cloud textures a have more uniform aspect ratio so some dont look stretched etc
- Created another cloud texture from scratch and added to the collection to add diversity
- Low sky colours although looked atmospheric on clearer weathers were a little dark in comparison to reality so have brightened up a bit and added a bit more warmth to the horizon colour as well.
- Few minor...

Read the rest of this update entry...

WagnumPI updated Wagnum's Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Final edition unless Kunos do something spectacular on later updates

- Uniformed Cloud aspect ratio to prevent steched looking clouds
- Created a new cloud texture from scratch to add some variety
- Made clearer Low skies a bit brighter so closer to realistic looking lighting
- Few minor tweaks here and there across everything else

Think this may be the final version as run out of things to do now and my time is being taken up by other things more and more now...

This may well be adios unless Kunos do any further big updates opening up more tools for us to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Not exactly sure what Kunos have done this time but once again they've gone and broken something. Skies, especially in light cloud weathers now look crazy! Will try and fix when i get the time... Oh Kunos! Why do you keep doing this!!!! grrrr...

I think it's called progress?
Yeah but last update they altered the sky box so now on some modded tracks fog weather looks stupid as you end up with a dark horizon and there's nothing you can do about it. This time it seems the fog affect may have been completely removed from non fog weathers so no atmospheric mist which you have in reality. They may have done this so solely to improve performance so I wouldn't class taking away an affect so that the console and pc version are the same so to improve performance on the console progress... If this is the case I won't be able to fix this mod due to since version 7 it's been based heavily on using the fog effect so I'd pretty much have to start from scratch...

Right so ive done a little testing and short story is it will take a huge amount of work... Dont know exactly how they have changed it but it seems fog effects have had an overhaul and the graduality they set them to has been significantly altered so I would need to change all fog settings and all sky colour settings on all weathers at all times... If i do get the chance I will try and sort but dont have as much spare time now so there's going to be a long wait i'm afraid... :(

What have they done! Mid Cloud at 3PM
Screenshot_ks_porsche_panamera_ks_vallelunga_27-10-116-8-37-42.jpg

Hi WagnumPI,

I really appreciate the updates from Kunos, but I agree that it is a massive shame that it has messed up your truly excellent mod.

Yours is always in my top five (the others are all tracks) and I see it as near essential to Assetto Corsa. Obviously you are correct that it doesn't look right since the update, but to me it doesn't look right without your mod either.

I know you are busy with other things and you get no real reward for doing this (other than recognition for your achievements and the joy of sharing), and I must stress that I am not trying to demand anything of you, but do you now have a rough idea how long it might be until you can fix things please? I only ask so I can decide whether or not it's worth trying to investigate a temporary alternative until yours is ready.

Once again, thank you for all the effort you have put in to this so far, and I hope this post helps a little for you to know that we share some of your frustration.

Please keep up the good work (as and when you are ready)!

Hallo WagnumPi,
I also hope you can update your great Mod at the next Time,it's always the best Weather
Mod.Thank you for all your hard Work.

I think it's called progress?
Not really.
Many of the core game change requests have gone unaddressed - things that make a difference to many PURCHASERS of the game.

Making changes that seem to cater to the console version of the engine that fundamentally break free changes that positively enhance the PC version game (such as the Wagnum graphics updates) is asinine quite frankly - if modders can substantially visually improve the game for FREE, then KS should incorporate these changes into the game rather than ignore and then break them.

I didn't want to say anything about Joseph Maxx's comment because the question mark at the end made me wonder if he might have meant it tongue-in-cheek, but the fact that Wagnum was clearly saddened by what the recent update had done to his mod, and that he was getting no support or sympathy from anyone, other than this possibly sarcastic comment, did bother me.

I think your (RC45) points are pretty much spot-on, although I wouldn't have been bold enough to make them myself as I also think that Kunos do a great job most of the time (I'm not saying that you don't think this too), but I cannot disagree at all with the idea that Wagnum and other modders deserve to be rewarded and supported by the developers, partly because it feels morally correct, but also because it's a win for the devs, the modders and the users, and also encourages other talented people to contribute as well.

I didn't want to say anything about Joseph Maxx's comment because the question mark at the end made me wonder if he might have meant it tongue-in-cheek, but the fact that Wagnum was clearly saddened by what the recent update had done to his mod, and that he was getting no support or sympathy from anyone, other than this possibly sarcastic comment, did bother me.

I think your (RC45) points are pretty much spot-on, although I wouldn't have been bold enough to make them myself as I also think that Kunos do a great job most of the time (I'm not saying that you don't think this too), but I cannot disagree at all with the idea that Wagnum and other modders deserve to be rewarded and supported by the developers, partly because it feels morally correct, but also because it's a win for the devs, the modders and the users, and also encourages other talented people to contribute as well.

Sure, KS do a great job most of the time, but they are selling a commercial piece of software now, not doing free mods so if you think about it, they should be addressing the improvements that CAN be made to their product.

If they are in fact NOT addressing some core features BECAUSE they see the the Mod community taking care of those features FOR FREE (which is a wise thing to do - it saves them development cycles), then the least they could do is not break those core feature mods.

And, some of these core feature mods (I don't mean cars and tracks - I mean apps, sounds & visual enhancements) actually make the game more usable and appealing - and without some of these core mods the game is in some ways not up to current standards..

Last edited:
For me, certainly as far as visual enhancements go, Wagnum's Graphics Mod makes all the difference. The level of immersion that I feel when compared with the stock weathers and filters is, well, incomparable!

Sure, KS do a great job most of the time, but they are selling a commercial piece of software now, not doing free mods so if you think about it, they should be addressing the improvements that CAN be made to their product.

If they are in fact NOT addressing some core features BECAUSE they see the the Mod community taking care of those features FOR FREE (which is a wise thing to do - it saves them development cycles), then the least they could do is not break those core feature mods.

And, some of these core feature mods (I don't mean cars and tracks - I mean apps, sounds & visual enhancements) actually make the game more usable and appealing - and without some of these core mods the game is in some ways not up to current standards..
You definitely make some very good points, and they are made constructively too, so I would hope that this sort of thing may be more widely considered by the developers in the future.

I also hope that the recent action on this thread might be noticed by Wagnum so that he can see that his efforts are valued and missed (again, I know he has already stated that he has less spare time now so I am not just saying that in the hope that we get an update any sooner).

You definitely make some very good points, and they are made constructively too, so I would hope that this sort of thing may be more widely considered by the developers in the future.

I also hope that the recent action on this thread might be noticed by Wagnum so that he can see that his efforts are valued and missed (again, I know he has already stated that he has less spare time now so I am not just saying that in the hope that we get an update any sooner).

And quite frankly this is the real problem.

Many great mods (for many games, not just AC) are done at a time in the modders (individual or team) lives where they can devote consistent and contiguous time to the project.

They then wrap up the project, probably not expecting to have to again at some point devote the same amount of time/effort - they may set aside a few hours here and there for tweaks etc. but they may not be able or even want to dive headlong into the mod again.

I guess the fissure cracks both ways - any update could break any add-on at any point - that is the risk of making a mod and that's the reality of publishing commercial software.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back