VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really appreciate that, Marco. Unfortunately FSR encountered problems in the Ace race today with this build (people losing connections and not being able to stay connected), delaying the start by about 25 minutes.

It's something for you to be aware of, actually. We've had intermittent problems on our FSR team server with this build dropping connections over the past week. We never really identified a root cause.

I know.. I was already squezing my but together for tomorrow... I have the same issues.

I hope all runs smoothly. If you can, keep me updated please. Lets do our best to get you guys in.

the way its going to be with me is, If I can race, ill be able to give you an hours notice, but the way ive been the past two days now, if im not in agony, im too dosed of my meds to drive.

Story of my life

Thanks for the race.
Race 1 was in fact a PB for me as it was the first time I have avoided being lapped in race 1. (I have done so but only in reversed grid format: Race 2 Poznan).
So +1m:37 was ok for now.
Bizarrely I have lost pace here. I did 1:45.934 a week ago, tonight +1.5 sec! Strange.

Race 2 I pulled a slight advantage off the line to Martin and we seemed to head for the same bit of road. His front touched my rear and I was spun off.
My turn in was poss later than anticipated. I was pretty tired so retired.
Again a pleasure to be on the track with you all. See you soon.

Edit: Want to congratulate Oscar for race win in Race 1. I think that's 3 races in 10 days across GT3, Meganes and now FR 3.5 that I have seen this guy win.
also I spectated race 2 for a while and saw some great racing by my VWEC 2013 team mate David Gronvalls holding off Dino P and Simon Christman hanging in for a podium.
IMO the reversed grids for race 2 really mixes it up and gives drivers like me a chance to race/watch/learn from the fastest drivers. The lower points fit in with this idea and will not interfere with the best driver winning the series.

As a driver who was many seconds off the pace in round 1 and lapped multiple times my tiny steps of progress to stay on lead lap and actually out qualify someone give me encouragement.
Next goal is to stay within 1 min of P1.
Thanks out..

Last edited:
What a race 1 with a messed up setup. Race 2 was better, but I was really tired and used all my concentration for Race 1.

I guess @Matt Sentell saw me struggling with stupid mistakes.
After a spin I called it a day. Just need to relax a bit today.

Got boxed in at the start of Race 2 and even lost a place, which annoyed me as I had a brilliant start but always cars in the way.
On lap 2 or 3 I did (without praising myself) one of the nicest overtakes ever 3 cars between Copse and Maggotts, that was so scary :D

In Qualy weak as always. So only P9 in the grid.

R1: Had a good start and after a few meters i was already 8th. At the exit of the arena i was next to Calum but he left my no space to life (I think he could see me). So i went wide and was at the end the lap only 10th. :(
Had the next laps some nice battle with April, Martin and Calum. After getting past Martin and Calum i was able to build a gap to April.
At the end of the race Seans tires seemed to be gone. I closed the gap and could pass him just in time before April was in my slipstream again. So i ended in 7th :)

R2: Had a good start again so i found my self in the lead after some corners. But David and Oscar didnt like that i am in this position. The rest of the race (35min) Dino was trying to find a way past. Lucky he failed and i finished on the podium :laugh:

What a race 1 with a messed up setup. Race 2 was better, but I was really tired and used all my concentration for Race 1.

I guess @Matt Sentell saw me struggling with stupid mistakes.
After a spin I called it a day. Just need to relax a bit today.

Got boxed in at the start of Race 2 and even lost a place, which annoyed me as I had a brilliant start but always cars in the way.
On lap 2 or 3 I did (without praising myself) one of the nicest overtakes ever 3 cars between Copse and Maggotts, that was so scary :D
Definitely a huge move Freddy.
Up there with Hakkinnen on Schumi at Spa on Kemmel straight in 2000.

This was one of my funniest events ever. I was slow in quali, got P5 with a new PB.

First race: The getaway from the line was mediocre, but still managed to gain a position because of drivers bunching up on the inside line into T1. After that it was a mindgame to not get passed, I would gain if the guys in front of me when they bunched up, but I would slow down and bunch up the guys behind me when I got to close to the guys in front. Anyway I spun due to an over-correction after 10 laps or so and rejoined in P7. I had some great racing with Sean and David T, passed them both and finished P5, I also learned a lot of how to drive in someones draft.

Second race: Started P7, again mediocre launch off the line. But due to the chaos in the first corners I was P2 after sector 1. I was just focusing on getting past Simon, and did so into Maggots/becketts on the second lap. Looking at the replay it was closer than i thought :p. A lap or two later, Oscar was right behind me. He was much faster but I was going to let him work for position, thinking he was gonna pass me soon enough. I had straight speed advantage and he was struggling in my draft, so the laps were counting and he never got by, and by lap 10-12 or so I started to realize that I could win it. I got a gap to him a few laps before the finish, I believe he slowed down on purpose. I was completely in the zone for a few laps in this race, it was amazing. My second race win this season, so it was great.

Qualifying: Well what is there to say. I had not done any proper running with the mod prior to turning up for practice. Literally 15 laps to produce a base for the setup. I figured from practice that my pace would be pretty good but knew that Frederic and Dino would be giving me hastle, or so I thought. Managed to do a 43.9 and get clear of everyone by .7 seconds. Not quite the margin I pulled in the Meganes at Spa but certainly not an upsetting lap time.

Race 1: Not sure of what to expect from the car over long distances I just pinned it. For the first 8 or so laps I was absolutely on edge and pulled a healthy gap to Frederic in second. I then noticed my tyres getting upset with me and had to conserve tyres throughout the rest of the race doing 2 laps on, and 2 laps off pace. Something which Frederic may well have noticed on the timing. That said the pace stayed good and the clear air was lovely to drive in and I brought home a win on debut.

Race 2: Starting from 11th was going to be tough. I had heard horror stories of aero push in the draft on rfactor 2 but nothing could truly prepare me. I made a decent start and positioned the car well for the first few laps when the tyres were working well. After lap 4 I was up to 2nd place and chasing down David. I did a couple of 45s to catch on to his tail end but could never get close enough to make a pass losing anywhere between .5 and 1 second through sector 2 due to under-steer from the draft off of David's car. Eventually following so closely caused my brakes, engine and tyres to overheat and the car became almost undriveable for 4 or so laps towards the end including a big moment at becketts. I collected myself up and cruised home to a 2nd place in race 2. Not the perfect outing but a really promising one which allowed me to have fun with some hard and fast race craft.

Thank you all for having me and Marco for running the event.

- Oscar.

Q: Managed to join in time for most of the q. Did not get a good lap in, but was still ok considering the circumstances.

R: Had a quite bad start and had to follow Frederic the entire race with no real chance to pass. Had 45 minutes time to try every possible combination of slowing down in some parts and trying to get more momentum on other parts. But the dirty air in the fast corners made it impossible to carry enough momentum through these parts.
The unfortunate part was also that I wanted to see in race1 if the setup needed changes for the next race, since I could barely practice for this event; but with no real information about pace here, I had to just continue with the same in race2.

R2: Some interesting first 3 or so laps with some overtakings happening, until I reached Simon and it was another ~35mins of no front grip :O_o:

Again tried every possible combination of trying to get enough momentum out of corners with having to back up due to zero grip behind a car.
Tried to floor it through the fast section sometimes ignoring the dirty air only to come very close to trashing my car still without beeing able to carry enough speed through there... I was lucky to hold the car on track since Matt also came close at the end.
At one point there was some contact when Simon made a rare mistake and it looked I could go past out of turn2, making me loose the momentum again and fall behind. I guess it wasn't going to happen on this day without a collision.

Still no information at the end if the setup was any good :roflmao:

5 minutes of racing and 80 minutes of dirty air for me yestarday, but atleast I could race, thanks for making the new start-times and see you guys next time hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes