VWSR S1: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm... since buid 69 my car is totally chrome..... I painted it with other colours, but no effect at al on the result.
Some of the chrome problem can be cured by using shaders from build:49.
I wrote this for the white headlight problem but it works partly with your skin problem too->
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4598-White-headlights?p=55752&viewfull=1#post55752

The skin is still looking weird after this and I do have reflections in windshield

Guys,

Please be carefull with applying work arounds....
There is a big risk that, if ISI updates before the league starts, you have to redo the skin again, as the workaround and the update might cause issues.

The best thing to do is to make a second install of RF2, and update it only to build 60, so leave the last update out. You can test the skin there, so the results will be OK when these issues are fixed in the next update. At least, thats what I do with the RD skins, and my own. Don't want to do 6 or 7 skins at the last minute again ;)

@Jari,
Yes, there are logo's in the Alpha layer. You need to "polish" them out to have them out of the skin....
If you use Photoshop, in the box where your layers are, there are 3 tabs above the layers. Click the 2nd tab. There you have the RGB layers, and the Alpha layer.

Around 30 at least, but it's possible to go over 100. I already have seen a server with 100+ entrants. Not sure if we will do 30 though. Think 25 would be ok.

It seems there has been a secret training session today, as I received the following photo's from one of my inside guys. As per his report, the cars look very quick, and are a joy to watch....

rfactor2201203240053306.jpg

rfactor2201203240057309.jpg

rfactor2201203240059414.jpg

rfactor2201203240102157.jpg

rfactor2201203240104139.jpg

rfactor2201203240105500.jpg

rfactor2201203240108183.jpg

The guy could not tell me if there was anything special being tested under those blinded headlights :p :p

MeganeTrophy-Final-01.jpg

I too have finally decided upon the final artwork for my machine.
MeganeTrophy-OffWhite-01.jpg
MeganeTrophy-OffWhite-02.jpg

Both the Showroom and standard cams are rubbish for a more dynamic shot. I would have been happier taking the pics with the on track free cam. But, it needs 16 keys to function fully. Why cannot they utilise the mouse and fewer keys as Simbin does?

There is no need for any kind of upgrade/downgrade in order to produce a DDS file.

I use Photoshop but, my explanation may transfer to other packages.

Look in the Layers or, Channels panel. Here you should see your pic as a RGB layer with 3 single layers of each Red, Green and, Blue AND, any alpha layers you may have. Usually one. For now hide the Alpha layer. For me this means clicking the 'eye' icon next to the thumbnail.

Go back to the normal layers panel and 'hide' any additional artwork; logos etc so that just the 'bodywork' and 'parts' are visible.

Return to the Channels layers. CTRL-click the main RGB thumbnail. Your picture in the main window should have the 'marching ants' selection. Still in the Channels click 'new layer'. At this point a new Alpha layer appears and it is total black. At the same time the channel layers above are all deselected automatically and my main picture goes black.

Before you proceed, only the Alpha layer should be highlighted. Now select the brush tool with pure white. Paint pure white over the main picture and a Black and White picture appears. Notice too, that the new Alpha layer is painted. Click on the RGB layer 'reveal/eye' icon area in the Channels layer to bring your main picture back. Save it all now!

If your car is over reflective then darken the alpha layer or create a new one with a not-so-white brush. Do this until you get what you want to achieve.

On the principle that the amount of light and dark of the Alpha channel influences the amount of reflection, you can do several things using the same actions as above to alter the reflection of single items of the car; logos or, part of your artwork.

For instance, the RD logo. Lets say we want this to reflect more than the surrounding body work. First, for safety reasons create, a copy of your Alpha channel and 'hide' it. Go to normal layers and find the RD layer(each logo and other pieces of work should be on their own layer). CTRL click the layer thumbnail and the marching ants will appear in the form of the RD logo.

Go to the Channels panel and click off the RGB layer so only the Alpha layer is visible in the main window. Also, make sure the Alpha layer is selected as it is the Alpha layer you will be painting on. Now pick a white or, shade of grey to black that you want and paint inside the marching ant selection. And, that's it!

Do this for each of the Layers. Bear in mind that, like the original that is causing the current problems, if you decide to move the logo the Alpha layer will not change and that part of the car will still be as reflective as you intended the RD logo to be. ie. you will see a ghost of the RD logo. For this reason reflections should be the last thing you do.

Done!

I used a layer and created tiny black and white 'noise' as a reflection layer. As the car passed the camera it glittered. That's now gone as I'm not really a glittery kind of guy.

Ray.

Please can you accept entry for Robert Walker. He has asked me to post on his behalf as he doesn't have an internet connection until the weekend.

Driver: Robert Walker
Team: Cold Zero Motorsport
Car Number: 18
Will use RD Skin: Yes
I have read and understood the general info thread, and the overall league rules: Yes

@Jeff,
As it seems, there will be no issue with you driving the rest of the events, so you are welcome to stay :)

@Liam,
Removed you from the entry list.

@bram
Understood.

@andy
No problem. I have added Robert to the list.

As we do not have a totally filled grid yet, I shall leave signups open till further notice...

Let your friends know there are still some spots available!

Thanks Ray. A nice and clear explanation! Thanks for taking the time to write this down.

Those who have their skins done already (or mostly done), please send me a download link so I can start working on the pack. I might release it in 1 base part, with some upgrades later on. Just so we can start using it already :) Also, I want to make some nice screenshots of them. It's a lot of work to do so, with the shadows falling off with a lot of camera angles.

The RD skins are almost done. First pictures are in the Media thread, and here is one extra to see what they are just about :) Special thanks to Brian Clancy for the permission to use the SRH logo's. It needed some extra sponsoring :)

rfactor2_2012-03-24_00-53-30-67_original.jpg

As you see there are different colors of the same skin. There is also an inverted version of each color. So, those who have choosen to use a RD skin, now get the option to choose a color.
I will post an inverted skin as well, so you can see the idea of those.

rfactor2201203240104139.jpg

Skins need some final tuning, so I have the option to change colors. There are more screenshots in the Screenshot topic, with more colors I have already.

Hi Marco
So, those who have choosen to use a RD skin, now get the option to choose a color.
Can I get a request in early about the car colours for those who choose a RD skin.
Please can Car 18 Robert Walker, and myself Car 71 (both Cold Zero Motorsport) have Blue versions of the RD skins.

Cheers

Edit:
Preferably this shade of blue. (if it's not too much to ask)
2012-03-27_00002.jpg

Marco

First off, excellent work with this league, creating mods, skins etc. When do you find time for your real life? ;)

Will you be creating a new mod for the league or updating the existing one? I am only asking because I see that Watkins Glen has been dropped. I haven't installed Watkins (or the mod yet) and therefore the mod will show as a problem mod unless I do. Didn't really want to have to install watkins due to all the not so good reports about it, I'd rather wait until it's developed a bit more.

I suppose I should just wait until the skin pack and everything has been added to the mod, but you know what it's like, I just wanna get online and try a few of the tracks against real drivers........:p

Keep up the good work, it's very much appreciated. :)

Andy,

Tomorrow, I have taken a day off from work (thats the secret in finding the time :)). I will make a new base mod for the league, containing 3 of the 4 tracks, as Fuji is not released yet.
That mod will be the base of future updates, including the skinpack. That would make sure you do NOT have to install Watkins :)

Tonight, I am driving the F3's myself, so I probably do not have time to do so. I hope you can wait until tomorrow :p :p

There is a new test server up, with Mid Ohio, Snetterton and Searspoint. As there are major issues with the custom skin pack, there are only regular Meganes selected now.

To install:

- Download and install all 3 tracks
- Download the MOD here
- Install the mod
- Join the server. Password of the server -> here

The new test server is up! Check the News section, or the downloads and instructions for the link and installation instructions.

As there are major issues with the custom skin pack (working on that with ISI), there are only default skins selected now.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play