VWSR S1: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Due to technical issues with rF2 despite testing and tweeking I am unable to satisfactoraly operate system and hardware to an acceptable level.

Unfortunately I will have to pull out :(

Driver: Driver............. Carl shaw
Team: Team name,.... White Knockels Simracing [WK]
Car Number:............. 28
Will use RD Skin:...... No
I have read and understood the general info thread, and the overall league rules: Yes.
Entry denied. You have recently signed up for the RDTCC as well and didn't even bother to show up or at least leave an absence notice.

Does anyone have problems with custom skins or having white headlights bug with the default skin Meganes ?.
I do have some problems and I used Stefans skin to show them.
Stefans skin->http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rdwsr-s0-skinning-thread-open.48079/#post-1083650

Here what it looks in my computer with build:69:

With build:69 but with build:49 shaders that I had backed up:

I have re-installed rF2, deleted user settings/shaders and so on but nothing seems to work.
Any suggestions would be great.

Yep, correct.

The build 69 has issues with the lights. The skin works well in previous builds, but in the latest one lights are completely white indeed.
The following 2 pictures are the same skin, nothing is changed. 1 screenshot is made in build 69, other one in build 60.

rdmegane1icon.png

white3l.jpg

Cheers Marco.

I have had a look about for info and found nothing :-( I asked because I was sure that it had been done in rFactor 1?

The new release 69 is a little disappointing. The Showroom being tucked away in the settings section of the game. Further, it could do with the screenshot function working here because if I take a screenshot using the Windows function I have to Minimise the game to paste the picture. When I return to teh Showroom the tyres do no appear and will not refresh. I have to restart the game to get them back. Also, the garage setup notes do not show until after loading the setup.

Is it Mid Ohio alone ( I have no experience elsewhere) that during a night race shows daylight reflections in the virtual mirrors? The track and Ambient Air temps stayed constant way into the dark?

Headlights are the smal problem and the big issue is how the rest of the skin looks in my computer. In my computer the skin is visible in the Window, the custom skin is transparent and also the default skin is visible.

Can you send me a link to the .PSD files please Jari? I will check for u :)

@Ray,
Yes, it's possible to do rim skinning. Now I just have to find out how :p
attachment.php

Not sure when I have time for that. Tonight is for the misses, tomorrow I hope to get my new memory and GPU, so I will probably be driving to test. Saturday is a busy day, so I suspect sunday will be the first option to get into that. I will do so, and update here again.

@Jari,
Just thought of the default skin showing through. I am not sure why they did so, but in the Alpha layer, the sponsors are also made reflecting. Clean it out, and the old skin is gone.

If you upload the .PSD to mediafire or something like that, I will have a look for u.

Hmmmmm... since buid 69 my car is totally chrome..... I painted it with other colours, but no effect at al on the result.
What is the name of the alpha layer?
I will wait how things pan out, before spending another day of fixing things. :p I will keep watching this part of the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes