VSCC | S4 | Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that would be the reason I originally chose paint.net over GIMP. It was a lot easier for me to understand. There are probably better options, but besides photoshop, I don't know what they are.

I installed GIMP, and it's not too bad to use... I think, for now anyway.
I will start on my skin tomorrow and see how it goes.

Cheers for that! :)

Testing spy shots :ninja:
QPbaKBz.jpg

Hi Guys,
I'm having trouble with the font for 'Y.NAME'
When I open the template file in GIMP, the Y.NAME text is graphic and not editable.
I installed the included font 'Bank Gothic Medium BT' and added the text using the text tool, but the text is more stretched out than the text on the template (height is roughly the same).
What are the correct text height and other settings?
(The number was the same, but the Impact font worked fine)
Cheers!

YNAME%20FONT%20ISSUE.png

Hi Guys,
I'm having trouble with the font for 'Y.NAME'
When I open the template file in GIMP, the Y.NAME text is graphic and not editable.
I installed the included font 'Bank Gothic Medium BT' and added the text using the text tool, but the text is more stretched out than the text on the template (height is roughly the same).
What are the correct text height and other settings?
(The number was the same, but the Impact font worked fine)
Cheers!

YNAME%20FONT%20ISSUE.png

Doesn't look like the same font to me. I think it's listed under 'adobe' something in the font choices. Mine looked identical once I got the size and angle right.

Doesn't look like the same font to me. I think it's listed under 'adobe' something in the font choices. Mine looked identical once I got the size and angle right.
Thanks Michael,
I have now used 'Adobe Gothic Std Bold', and it works as you said, but the text file says to use 'Driver names - Bank Gothic Medium BT' which is causing my confusion.

Thanks Michael,
I have now used 'Adobe Gothic Std Bold', and it works as you said, but the text file says to use 'Driver names - Bank Gothic Medium BT' which is causing my confusion.

Well I didn't have one of those, even after installing the included font, so I had the use the adobe one. :geek: I think that it's mis-named in the readme.txt, as are a few things.

Hmm. Perhaps things are a little different in GIMP compared to Photoshop? Seems to work perfectly fine for me in PS.

Odd, well its looking the same in the end at least....
Now to go sort out the windows and the dash and the helmet and ....

Are my posts in this thread ignored? Asked similar stuff regarding the font twice before. As I didn't get an answer I just went with what looks better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes