VSCC | S4 | Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Premium
Skins.jpg
Use this thread to ask your skinning questions, share pictures of your skins, and talk anything skin related.

----------------------------------------------------

SKIN PACK!
Full release V1.0

----------------------------------------------------

If you are creating a custom skin, please submit it to @Chris Stacey via private message, ensuring that all files are in working order. Please provide a download link; do not request an email address. If you do not have a skin, you will be provided with one; you should indicate your preference when signing up from those available below. Skins should be submitted by the end of the 8th of October 2016 – any skins submitted after this date will not be included. A skin pack will be made available for download shortly after.

Download the skin template here. Do not move the logos. This includes the VSCCS4 logo on the front grill of the car in the ext_glass.psd. You may design the body of the vehicle; windows must remain as they are - no design changes! Your windows will be created by the staff to ensure they all use the same design.

Generic RaceDepartment skins are also available thanks to the creative works of @Davy Vandevenne, so if you are unable to make a skin in time, do not want to make a skin or simply just prefer the look of these skins, then please indicate which one you would like to use.

Skin 1
01.jpg

Skin 2
02.jpg

Skin 3

03.jpg

Skin 4

04.jpg

Last edited:
dropbox impressing with a download speed of ~5 KB/s. Only a few hours remaining :roflmao:
:confused: The link it solid on my end.
Ohhh I know what it is... The ISP companies have to convert the data bitrate from Aussie Dollarydoo's to your weird European formats... At least I think that's how the internet works right? :D

Looking great bud!
However, the front grill must have the VSCCS4 logo on it. Apologies, I forgot to make that part clear in the OP. I'll do that now.
No problem, that was just a window file that I'd made before the championship was announced - will add the VSCCS4 logo when I re-do the windows.

Is it allowed to change the color of the logo?
No sorry, must remain as it is in the psd.
In fact you don't really need to touch the ext_glass.psd at all because I will be going through them all before the skin pack is compiled to make sure they're all the same design.

Michael, when ive edited and saved, what format file do I need and where do I put files? ive saved .psd
You need to download and install this plugin mate. This will let you save the file as a .dds file with the correct compression.

Once you've finished making changes to your skins,
  1. File > Save as
  2. Click the Format down arrow and find .DDS
  3. Name the file "Milton" and click Save in the location you want to save it to.
  4. The NVIDIA texture tool should pop up.
  5. Make sure your settings look like this:
    Untitled.jpg
  6. Then click "Save".
  7. It'll then take about 10-20 seconds to save it.

Thanks chris, done that, so where do i put files? :)
fun this

From the readme.txt in the template .zip

You need to created a new directory in the StockV8_2015 directory

Mine
Dir_zpsly6xbcns.jpg

Now copy a veh file from any of the existing team folders and place it in the folder you just created. Rename it <YourName>.veh (where <YourName is.. your name. JohnSmith, JSmith, whatever. No spaces or special characters).

Mine - I copied a .veh file from one of the other cars and changed the name
dir2_zps7f7ukllm.png

Open <YourName>.veh and replace whatever driver name is currently in the DefaultLivery="DriverName.DDS" line with <YourName> This defines the filenames, refer to the existing files for examples.

Inside my renamed .veh. Red dots are things I changed. When copying one of the others cars .veh files make sure it's the same make as your car (chevy/pug), it'll make things easier.
dir3_zpswssarq2r.jpg

The actual skinning should be fairly self-explanitory, the PSDs include generic alpha layers so when you've finished creating your skin simply save the file as a DXT5 dds (helmets and driver suits should be DXT1), named as you've defined in your custom car's veh file.

And as Chris said, you'll want to save your paint job as a dds and put it in the directory you created, making sure that the name of the .dds file and the name of your skin in you .veh file are the same (note: DefaultLivery="MStead.DDS" above)

This is just for the base skin by the way and it's all I've done so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%