VSCC | S4 | R2: Goiania

Chris

Premium
Round 2.jpg
Sweeping corners and a monumentally long pit straight, welcome to Goiania!

General Information
Date: Saturday 29th October 2016
Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM VSCC
Track: Goiania
Start time: 19:00 AEDT (08:00 GMT)
Virtual Time of Day: 13:00
Starting Track Grip: Medium (normal progression)

Race Format
  • 19:00 AEDT (08:00 GMT) - Practice - 60 minutes
  • 20:00 AEDT (09:00 GMT) - Qualifying - 15 minutes
  • 20:15 AEDT (09:15 GMT) - Warm Up - 10 minutes
  • 20:25 AEDT (09:25 GMT) - Race - 75 minutes (formation lap + standing start)
Round 2 Trackmap.jpg

TeamSpeak
Your presence on TeamSpeak is mandatory for all rounds. You must set up your teams' Sub-Channel within the VSCC S4 sub-channel, using your team name. To create a sub-channel, please follow the simple steps below.

1. Right click the RD Stock Car Championship channel, and click 'Create Sub-Channel'.
TS1.jpg
2. Enter the appropriate details. Click OK
TS2.jpg

• During Qualifying and the Race there will be no in-game text chat allowed under any circumstances until all active drivers have crossed the finish line. Those caught using the in-game text chat during these sessions will be given a 5 second time penalty added to their total race time.
  • Only communications from the league director will be allowed when it pertains to critical issues (i.e. Server problems).
    • During practice, in-game text chat is permitted, however please be respectful of others trying to concentrate.

Incident reports
Sometimes crashes and incidents happen. It's just part of racing. However if you feel you've been unjustly disadvantaged by a fellow driver breaking our League Regulations and all attempts to resolve the matter privately have failed, you are free to submit an incident report to the league director via Private Message, which will then be submitted to an independent steward panel from the staff group who will review it and issue a verdict.

Reports will be accepted up to 48 hours post-race. Any later and they will be rejected.

Pit Lane Exit Line

20161016200637_1.jpg
Crossing the yellow pit lane exit line during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. It is there for a reason: To safely usher you back to the racing line. Drivers who cross this line during Qualifying and/or the race will be issued a 10 second time penalty added to their total race time for every instance.

Crossing the line in Practice and Warm Up is permissible, however please ensure that you are not inhibiting other drivers or causing accidents. You can still be reported and penalised for dangerous driving in practice sessions.

Given that Goiania has a relatively small re-entry line, please do not rejoin the racing line in a dangerous manner. Yes, it is a reportable offence, even if you do not cross the yellow line.

Last edited:
Confirmed Entry List for Round 2
Sign outs beyond this point will be penalised.
  1. @Sniper (Tony Binelli)
  2. @Kevin Harris
  3. @Chris Stacey
  4. @Casper (Jamie Pyatt)
  5. @Jeremy Talbot
  6. @Sam Smith
  7. @Discovery.Tv (Erhan Jajovski)
  8. @Fred Locklear
  9. @Sean Rogers
  10. @Steve Le Gallez
  11. @alexSchmurtz
  12. @Nick Milton
  13. @Jack (Jack Trooper)
  14. @Michael Stead
  15. @Red Time (Leigh Nielsen)
  16. @Stiggy (Brodie Steen)
  17. @kedy89 (Tobi Kederer)
  18. @Tobias Röhner
  19. @Aidan Keranen
  20. @Queequeg (Gabriel Sterr)
  21. @Davy Vandevenne
  22. @Michael Nelson
  23. @Matheus Machado
  24. @Mike Bell
  25. @EireGreen™ (Michael Klein)
  26. @MrRandom287 (Matthew Wheeler)
  27. @Thomas Hinss
  28. @Shaun.A (Shaun Allan)
  29. @Otune (Oli McGown)
  30. @Valrys (Allie Ferrie)
  31. @Niranjan (Niranjan Kumar)
  32. @David Armstrong
  33. @Shawn Jacobs
  34. @elloLeo Kinnunen (Tom Newman-Morris)

Just before the lights went green half the field disappeared from my screen :O_o: I didn't register any hits but I drove straight through a stationary car when it appeared in front at the last second.

Had a contact on lap 4 or 5 and the steering was too bent to continue. Tried to repair in the pits but the damage repair didn't fix the bent steering :devilish: Ugh

NOT Happy. :mad:
Had a graphics glitch as soon as I went to the grid that completely messed up the contrast settings. What the actual ****. As a result, lost all my reference points and could hardly drive the effing car. Couldn't see the exit of Turn 4 properly, so I dipped a wheel on to the grass and went straight to the back of the pack. Tried to get through the field THREE times, and failed each time because the car was undriveable.

20161029173041_1.jpg

Really really really horrendous, and even more pissed off.

On to round 3 I suppose.

Just so annoyed because I know I had the race pace and the strategy for a podium :(

Last edited:
Yeh the start was a bad LSD trip of disappearing and reappearing cars for me - didn't hit anyone because I lifted off so much and yet somehow I still picked up about 10 positions. Something terminal must've been going wrong because computer restarted itself by the end of the lap so DNF. This was the least stable I've seen AMS so far.

Just before the lights went green half the field disappeared from my screen :O_o: I didn't register any hits but I drove straight through a stationary car when it appeared in front at the last second.

Had a contact on lap 4 or 5 and the steering was too bent to continue. Tried to repair in the pits but the damage repair didn't fix the bent steering :devilish: Ugh
Same here, think I got through it without contact.

Didn't matter though, no pace at all, like Melbourne. Braking like 50m earlier than the rest and still couldn't quite make the corners. Smashed in the wall in the chicane at some point, steering bent. Got fixed in the pits, but was 2 laps down. When I got a drive through for ignoring blue flags just as I was about to move over I couldn't be bothered anymore. If there wasn't a penalty for withdrawing I would, can't get any joy from these cars at all.

Pisstake. Absolute ****ing pisstake. Second place car coming to lap me, he's not fighting anyone, not particularly close to me, and I'm waiting for him to draft me into a braking zone. Drive through penalty assigned by the game automatically because I wasn't willing to pull off the circuit and lose several seconds letting him by. Wouldn't have been any chance of points if I'd served the penalty, so I put it in the wall and rage quit. Not bloody happy. In-game penalties for blue flags are a waste of time and space, it's more dangerous having people dive off line to an almost complete stop to let people through, especially if the pace differential isn't that much.

Other than that, I spun out once trying to adjust myself in my chair (back and hips hurting like hell), then spun out again after catching a kerb in the last corner awkwardly. Bollocks start to the season to go alongside my other awful results in things recently.

Furious doesn't even cover it.

Pisstake. Absolute ****ing pisstake. Second place car coming to lap me, he's not fighting anyone, not particularly close to me, and I'm waiting for him to draft me into a braking zone. Drive through penalty assigned by the game automatically because I wasn't willing to pull off the circuit and lose several seconds letting him by. Wouldn't have been any chance of points if I'd served the penalty, so I put it in the wall and rage quit. Not bloody happy. In-game penalties for blue flags are a waste of time and space, it's more dangerous having people dive off line to an almost complete stop to let people through, especially if the pace differential isn't that much.

Other than that, I spun out once trying to adjust myself in my chair (back and hips hurting like hell), then spun out again after catching a kerb in the last corner awkwardly. Bollocks start to the season to go alongside my other awful results in things recently.

Furious doesn't even cover it.
Yep, same here, blue flags stuffed my race, I had 4 drive throughs,,I even unlapped, and as I did got a drive through, so I assume once you get blue flags , your race is over, just as well pit and go to pub. Waaaaaay to sensitive, especially this track. Wrecks the fun we wait two weeks for.
Another note, Alex and Aiden, good little battle at the back,Alex boosted past me , but I made a few grassy errors. But 4 drive through later on top of pits!

Sam and Kevin, pleasure to follow you guys last ten lap, watching you two fight, more impressed I stayed with you guys.

Had a bit of time to cool off etc. etc. So I'm not feeling so peeved off anymore, but I just want to congratulate the Talking Door and APIA racing gents on a fine performance! You blokes were mega! I'm amazed you managed to do the whole race on one set of tyres. That's seriously impressive.
@Discovery.Tv
@Matheus Machado
@Casper
@Sniper

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Valrys @Nick Milton, and anyone else who may have been affected, I have looked into the blue flag issue and set the server PLR file to now only show blue flags, but not hand out a penalty. I wasn't aware that it would penalise the slower car so soon. Apologies for this, and now it won't happen in future rounds. However it goes without saying that you must still respect the blue flags that you are shown, as it is part of the league guidelines.

Congrats to the top finishers! For me all the top 30 had very impressive paces! I really have some homework… :) But it is great to have the opportunity to race with you guys; at my level, I really take that as a way to learn and improve. I even enjoyed some nice battles at the back! Thanks @Nick Milton It was fun, yes!
I did my best to not disturb any leaders, but it is true that in the end I tend to forget about my race; it is just impossible to be out of the way and racing at once! But I'm out of the points anyway, so result is not important. I'll learn from it and try to improve, hopefully one day less people will lap me (I'm pretty sure Erhan will still do… :whistling:), that way I will be on the edge 'till the end…
A special thanks to the SpeedyMite Racing team @Shawn Jacobs @Jeremy Talbot @Otune who kindly offered me their help and advices; you're great people, and I appreciate a lot! :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back