VSCC | S4 | R2: Goiania

Congrats to the top finishers! For me all the top 30 had very impressive paces! I really have some homework… :) But it is great to have the opportunity to race with you guys; at my level, I really take that as a way to learn and improve. I even enjoyed some nice battles at the back! Thanks @Nick Milton It was fun, yes!
I did my best to not disturb any leaders, but it is true that in the end I tend to forget about my race; it is just impossible to be out of the way and racing at once! But I'm out of the points anyway, so result is not important. I'll learn from it and try to improve, hopefully one day less people will lap me (I'm pretty sure Erhan will still do… :whistling:), that way I will be on the edge 'till the end…
A special thanks to the SpeedyMite Racing team @Shawn Jacobs @Jeremy Talbot @Otune who kindly offered me their help and advices; you're great people, and I appreciate a lot! :thumbsup:
I think you might be the kindest human being ever. Not even kidding. Your attitude to racing and respectful competition is just phenomenal :D

GO TDR & APIA!! Well done boys! :D:thumbsup:
VSCCR2.jpg

A great race overall. Played with the lead pack until the half way mark, then was Blue Flagged coming out of pits as the leader had completed a full lap in the time it had taken me to get into pits, re-fuel and get out again. Ended with a drive through penalty. From 9th to 20th in two laps............. On a good note though, this set me up for what was probably the best 10 laps of racing I've had in a long time with @Sam Smith. Last 10 laps of the race were awesome.... Good clean tight racing all the way to the end. Cheers Sam.

Sounds like blue flag penalties may need to be removed from future events, if its possible.....

anyone else who may have been affected, I have looked into the blue flag issue and set the server PLR file to now only show blue flags, but not hand out a penalty. I wasn't aware that it would penalise the slower car so soon. Apologies for this, and now it won't happen in future rounds. However it goes without saying that you must still respect the blue flags that you are shown, as it is part of the league guidelines.

Oh, so that's what happened to you...

I made a small error myself and had to do a quick lift. And I thought that you took evasive action because of it.

Nah all my own fault, you ran a little a wide as I thought you might so I tried to hide a tighter line to get the position back but gave it to much throttle and too much steering angle, put it sideways and wasn't too concerned as it seemed pretty sedate but then coped a massive kick back straight off to the left and into the wall, tried to get going again but it just pulled hard left :(

It was an exciting race to watch though! You and Mike were in the thick of it battlewise! Really enjoyed spectating to be honest.

Same here, think I got through it without contact.

Didn't matter though, no pace at all, like Melbourne. Braking like 50m earlier than the rest and still couldn't quite make the corners. Smashed in the wall in the chicane at some point, steering bent. Got fixed in the pits, but was 2 laps down. When I got a drive through for ignoring blue flags just as I was about to move over I couldn't be bothered anymore. If there wasn't a penalty for withdrawing I would, can't get any joy from these cars at all.
Chin up fella, one good result and everything turns around :)

I had a really good race. Not quite the result I wanted but being in the points is always a good thing. For once I had a really consistent race with no offs or spins, crazy!

Had some pretty good, clean battles through the race, starting with @Jack in the first few laps. Great driving my man! Then through the middle of the race it was @Queequeg and @MrRandom287. Just as I caught up to you Gabriel you went wide which unsettled you I think and you braked early going into turn 10. I can't believe I missed you, I was so sure that was going to end in tears!! So after having flatspots I pitted. Managed to do the undercut with both Gabriel and @Valrys coming out of the pits after I'd passed. Managed to hold of Allie for a while but he was just too quick.

Caught up to Matthew again which setup the rest of the race in a 3 way battle between myself, Gabriel and Matthew. A lot of fun boys!!

Also @Sean Rogers, nearly did a reversal of last round! Same spot as Gabriel, you braked earlier than I expected and nearly ran into you haha:). Was a fun couple laps trying to pass you though

On to the next round!

EDIT: I also had a start bug like a few others by the sound of it. @Otune was in front of me, lights went green and he stayed still. So I paused a bit, then his car disappeared then reappeared further down the road. Lost about 4 positions from that...

Crummy race here. I got a setup tip at the end of practice that had me quite hopeful. With the tip I was doing 1:23s with quite a bit of fuel in the car, and it seemed effortless. Then something happened and I had no clue what I was doing earlier. I struggled to do a 1:23 in qualifying and ended up towards the back of the grid.

I also had cars disappear on the start of the race, I just kept going and hope that a car didn't spawn back in front of me. At the end of the first corner I had gained 6 spots. Woo! But I just couldn't capture the feel of the car I had at the end of practice. I braked late going into the left-hander and went sideways on the throttle and collected @David Armstrong :(. Kept locking up because of damaged front but kept going. Got into a battle or two, but other mistakes kept giving back positions. Pitted for two tires later on and came out in 18th, got bumped, spun, and had a heck of a time getting back to the track (all bumps were just good racing and battling!). Rejoined with 45s gap in front and behind so rest of the race was just to finish.. 20th blah.

I was glad I didnt get any blue flag penalties like others did. I tried to go off line, and then would see the leaders try to draft me and I may have avoided penalties by lifting (sorry if it gave any of you some brown pants moments! :) ).

One good moment from the race...
THREE WILL ENTER ONLY ONE WILL LEAVE!
20161029175904_1.jpg

Well that was a really fun round, much smoother running for me than round one :roflmao:

Qualifying in 5th put me in a great position for the race. Managed to get a decent start, holding station early on. Had a fantastic battle with the APIA lads and a few others throughout the early part of the race for 3rd. Managed to get clear for a while after getting by Allie, but my lack of practice on worn tyres showed as Tony and Jamie started to close me in bit by bit. Eventually they managed to get past, their slightly better pace allowing them to get a gap on me.

Pitted about halfway and decided to take the fresh tyres, figuring it'd be safer than trying to run the same tyres until the end. Came out in a bit of traffic but managed to clear it pretty quickly. After that it was a pretty lonesome race for me, just trying to eat away at the gap to Tony ahead. With fresh tyres my pace was much better, but the gap was just too much to close in, managed to bring in down to about two seconds by the end.

Still, very happy with 5th, was aiming for a top ten so to get a top five is even better :D

Below is my view of the event for anyone interested in giving it a watch :)

I kind of get the opposite, if I don't have delta I look at the sector splits which is usually at a much less convinient time then the occasional glance when ever I want :)

I do however still use the old Spotter which tells you your splits at each sector so I probably should just get use to him lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%