VSCC S3 | General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how the Pre Season Pre Qualy session will work, Andrew?
1 hour, but in which way?
Can I suggest do a 1 hour Qualy in private mod so no one can complain or in fact have a problem with other car on the track?
Also there will be a times table where we can follow how things are going?

It will be a server where all drivers will be visible, just as normal events. It adds to the pressure of getting space on track and judging when to do your laps. An hour means you can find some space on track, it adds some strategy.

Not sure yet about the live tables; possible, but I have to test stuff.

Could I make a suggestion, I understand if it can't be implemented in this coming season, but I'd really like the points system to be reviewed. Personally I find the points system to be too rewarding for people. I understand the nature of points all the way down to last place, giving an incentive to anyone to make a pass on anyone but this in tern means that the prestige of scoring a point diminishes almost entirely. I also don't think it's fair if a guy potentially wins every race in server 2 and then finishes behind the guy who is last in every server 1 race in the championship

Maybe just run two separate championships? The main Stock Car Championship and a 'National Championship' or 'cup class' ?

I think if you win in server 2, or finish in the top 5, you get promoted to server 1 for the next race and in turn, if you finish in the bottom 5 in server 1, you get relegated to server 2 for the next race. It would certainly mean no one driver was winning every race in server 2 and forces drivers to try and finish each race with the risk of a bad race relegating them. I think it's a great idea and I wish others clubs I'd raced in had thought of it! :)

Maybe just run two separate championships? The main Stock Car Championship and a 'National Championship' or 'cup class' ?
Keep in mind our fearless leader does this out of benevolence, it is probably more work than needed to run 2 leagues. It think the format is about creating good racing rather than points. Lets have fun.

@Flammenjc - I see your point, but being a league it is a competition; it IS about how much practice you put in, how fast you are, and how well you complete a race. As Paul Joseph pointed out, you get promoted to S1 if you win S2, which means you get the chance to earn more points next race. Also, while winning a race in S2 is impressive, it isn't as impressive in finishing P20th in S1, simply because the guy in S1 earned the right to be in S1 in the first place. I do see your points; they were discussed before we announced the format of this league :) We think this is the best way to go to keep everyone involved, keep participation incentive high, etc.

@Angelo dos Santos no assists except auto-clutch.

@Nox Would it be possible to have a go at the pre qualification session at Brazilia? I just wanted to see how I would have fared to be honest on the lists. Probably bottom of server 2, but you never know. Just curios really. I obviously understand if it is a big fat "no".

Many thanks
Andy
1971581907465f21331c3a4_zpszc4vnqnn.png

Last edited:
@Mid-pack Jack
No, sorry. Nothing personal (honest!) but it'll be a packed server already without guest drivers. Despite our recent squabble, you are of course extremely welcome to race the club events (and future leagues), so hopefully see you on track in those.

@Mid-pack Jack
No, sorry. Nothing personal (honest!) but it'll be a packed server already without guest drivers. Despite our recent squabble, you are of course extremely welcome to race the club events (and future leagues), so hopefully see you on track in those.

Fully understood. Thanks anyway. Yes I guess it will be a bit packed, never thought of that.
Cheers.

The pre qualification event will be live streamed as well, correct? Am I right to assume all of the live streamed events will be recorded as well? I look forward to watching them later after the races.

Weirdly enough I had a dream that I qualified 7th.
You know this is starting to get to you if you start dreaming about it.

Yes it will be live streamed. I am pretty sure you can watch it after as well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back