VRC Formula NA Released (Paid): Premium Member Discount Available!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
VRC Formula NA a.jpg VRC Formula NA b.jpg VRC Formula NA c.jpg VRC Formula NA d.jpg VRC Formula NA e.jpg VRC Formula NA f.jpg
The VRC Modding Team have released the much anticipated Formula NA for Assetto Corsa - with discounts available for RaceDepartment Premium members!

Including two unique high performance open wheel racing cars from two very different eras of the sport and a high quality track, with a 2018 version of the same type of car and additional circuit set to follow suit in the very near future, this is one incredibly exciting mod for Assetto Corsa that covers some of the most popular forms of motorsport in the world of open wheel racing over the last 20 years...

What's included in the pack?

Formula NA VRC Released.jpg

At launch the VRC Formula NA pack will include:
  • Formula NA 1999 (Road and Oval versions)
  • Formula NA 2012 (Road and Oval versions)
  • VRC SouthStar Motorspeedway Track
It is to be noted that the Formula NA 2018 car will be added to the package shortly after release, and will come at no additional cost to those who purchase the initial pack of two cars (four configurations) and the VRC SouthStar Motorspeedway.

Additionally an as yet unannounced circuit will be joining the pack at a future date to be confirmed.

How much will it cost?

The full pack, with the initial two cars and track plus the 2018 version with the unannounced track due to be released later will retail for $15, or alternatively you can purchase the items separately as detailed below:

Formula NA 1999 (Road and Oval versions): 4.5$
Formula NA 2012 (Road and Oval versions): 4.5$
The VRC southstar track: 4.5$

RD Premium Discount I Hear You Say?

That's right! RaceDepartment Premium members will be able to access the pack at a special price of $10! That's a $5 discount just for being a member of this awesome community! You can sign up for Premium Membership HERE.

Where do I Buy This Pack?

Find out more about this awesome new resource here.

Get your Premium Members 33% discount code to be used at the checkout HERE.

Happy racing everyone!

Last edited:
Tons of unnecessary comments in this thread...

Anyhow, loving the pack so far.
Though I only did a couple of laps yet.
The 2012 feels as expected, very smooth ride actually.

The '99 is raw and fast in acceleration.
With the turbo up at ist default setting there is virtually no lag, sick engines :inlove:

Shame that soon I will go on holidays for almost 4 weeks..... Great stuff always comes out when I go on vacay #RSSandtheirXmascrap :roflmao:

I am not a big open wheel racing fan. My heart beats for GT endurance racing, especially the racing of the 1960’s, ‘70’s, early 80’s.

When I saw this mod announced though I went, checked out some of the details and bought the pack. As I have zero interest in the modern aero boxed indy cars and the oval track that come with the track I decided to make use of te Racedepartment discount offering and basically bought a 1990’s indicar with a second aero configuration.

I didn’t have much time to test them yet, only could make 20 minutes worth of setting up viewsettings, wheel settings, looking at the cars in Content Manager (great models !) and finally took off for a few laps at only 70% boost around Riverside, playing s little with the setup and getting a first impression.

The mod is absolutely worth the little amount of money (I paid the equivalent of two coffee or a single club sandwich or a basic Pizza Margarita or one mid-range whiskey on the rocks in a general hotel bar where I live).

The 1990’s Indy / Champ car series was an open wheel series which I actually watched on TV back then as it was super exciting to see these cars thunder in packs through the street circuits back then and racing was really enjoyable to watch.

Even for people who have the Champ car mod for Automobilista this mod inmy opinion is well worht the money - even for some people like myself who have little interest in open wheel racing (To this day I haven’t even spent a single lap in some of the Kunos F1 cars).

The reason is just very simple: I regard Assetto Corsa with it’s physics, it’s excellent telemetry support and the plethoria of amazing mod tracks as the most complete and enjoyable driving simulator (see I didn’t write “racing” there as we all know it does lack some of the very basic racing related features essential to some racing series as have mentioned earlier, which I hope Kunos will properly support in future simulators).

Just to take this ‘99 turbo charged open wheel monster onto a track for a setup session and diving into it’s setup and telemetry is so very worth the modest fee of admission.

So far I see this as an excellent basis for upcoming online racing (which allow for rolling starts, pacecars, full course yellows, etc if moderated).

I will post some comments regarding FFB, physiscs, telemetry, AI racing once I had some some time to properly run these cars (very difficult with some of the most excellent RD club racing events as of recently and as magnificent mods as the RSS GT1 and the DRM Revival mods taking all my sim racing time).

Simracing has never been better - I don’t understand the sourpuss’s of the internet fouling each and every one of these threads and thank Kenny for some friendly attempts to keep the discussion friendly and on topic.

I usually buy this kind of high quality mods, but unfortunately what usually ends up happening is not using it like it should be used for the simple fact that only a small portion of people inside of an already small portion of people will do it.... RSS GT Pack is out of this world and yet.... if it aint used on a massive scale its just a nice set of cars to have on your collection :/ thats the only downside to it...also... usually more expensive then the official DLC stuff .... probably because they know they wont reach the same amount of people but nevertheless the comparation will still be done....

I usually buy this kind of high quality mods, but unfortunately what usually ends up happening is not using it like it should be used for the simple fact that only a small portion of people inside of an already small portion of people will do it.... RSS GT Pack is out of this world and yet.... if it aint used on a massive scale its just a nice set of cars to have on your collection :/ thats the only downside to it...also... usually more expensive then the official DLC stuff .... probably because they know they wont reach the same amount of people but nevertheless the comparation will still be done....
Yeah there isn't enough servers hosting mods. Both public and league!

VRC just can't be trusted for me.

And what does that have to do with "trust"?

You can't play their cars that aren't finished yet, but if you wanna support them building those cars, then you can donate to and test for every car. Nobody forces you to try them before the free release and that certainly has nothing to do with "trust" on any level.

If you consider that a bad approach, then that's your perfectly valid point of view but still it's got nothing to do with "trust" at all.

Hitting the walls does not have any impact on the handling, the top speeds or the lap times (100% damage). After hitting the wall exiting T2 at Indy 4 times, I set the fastest lap in lap5, hitting the wall included. Huh?
You need to check your settings.
hMG1jWm.png

wl9MJl4.png

Not sure how you are going to set a fast lap on three wheels.

-----------------
Somebody please make the correct liveries for these beauties; somebody did a really nice job on the fictional ones, but not including actual liveries is my least favorite part of this whole pay mod deal.

This mod does not seem to be finished yet, unfortunately, or at least I hope it is not finished, because there is some base there to build on. However, without a pace car (and without rolling starts), Indycars, esp. on ovals, do not make too much sense anyway.
Was very much looking forward to Indycar in AC.
At Indy speedway, both 1999 and 2012 basically handle the same, that comes as a surprise.
1999 cars seem to have too much downforce, esp. on ovals. Hitting the walls does not have any impact on the handling, the top speeds or the lap times (100% damage). After hitting the wall exiting T2 at Indy 4 times, I set the fastest lap in lap5, hitting the wall included. Huh?
Wedges are missing, several aero settings on the 2012 are missing, engine mode mapping is missing, oval configs has spools diff, here it's the same as on road.
Oval configuration can be run on road tracks, and actually is not too bad there - huh?
FFB is much too weak on road, and too vague (indycars don't have power steering), and has just added friction on ovals which is a bit odd, compensating for that again makes the ffb too weak. Road does not seem to be communicated too much via ffb, on oval it seems better to me. Handling is very forgiving, one can even catch spins on ovals, not what you see on TV. Given the power, the 1999 should be much more unforgiving also on road. Handling ffb feedback is great though.
Hope these cars will not stay so much true to the statement of not being indy cars. For the time being, back to Automobilista for the 90s cars (after some hours with these cars, 30 mins with CART Extreme bring back the smile), and iracing for the current cars.
There are so many great tracks in AC these cars could be raced on, so I hope this mod will be further developed.

I was going to buy the 2018 car when it came out, but your review of the current content has dissuaded me.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 164 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 31 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 55 29.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 68 36.2%