Volkswagen Golf MK1 GTI

Cars Volkswagen Golf MK1 GTI v1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ok, if you have already downloaded the file, delete my post and test it to see what you think.
Or I can delete it myself if it confirms that you have already downloaded it.

Sry again.
Google Chrome blocks this download, says that it could harm your computer.

I am sure that there is no problem but Google only works with trusted sites.

If you can upload it with Onedrive or Dropbox, even Mediafire and Mega are fine.

You can send me a personal mail with the link.

Thanks

I did not find how to send you an Mp or mail. Here is the file uploaded to Mega.
https://mega.nz/#!MdEnXQiI!sarr0WvQKIAgcjPxXrfoED303083JJlzwXnJQ_5TUOw
Got it, thanks.

Trying to do this design, very difficult because of the mapping and layout of the car.

r_O4n1fOo4qhhxXiYHniJJGw1aRN8mszq8t0S-TeCyrloLiBPAx-jCoCP5JT4Cnwr-mmEn51xhaCQUuLZQdh5SYV6mCYBbtjG_1gdMVlSSeEJxwGbUGZ_P7aSnXa4e5143c2j9wPXX3aR3vC6njz5hlIKIneJeVh05N_O7Vu_gggPJuQVQVeiyBTPPk5ypwxbKLIV1mnwMabNRQlIy0R0SePD9RoCy5KYisOIDmMiTOWpfQZATp8GjxyIPtSqbludbHz4GTNvD-elzRg-EKXWNW6YzPw9bQgQ9zYBaHaXB16mZuyBQ1MaqZJW-ksikGpUSH5jsX5pOb01j2iuQULizuaHZt_cWX7XxfiPxP3ZwXilYUuyFS0mCY_HCc9FOp8VSODdx9s7N0sTg83WMtNqgGIQ4GWDNO3Pizncbs08nMsCqiCwKAvGUX-MNdHkgB4RD4wO80Ngnkv4eqzqDXNowS9eIu1K81Ys8GhQ5gJ5jfzv_guZt8tTJ9I98D7LU-I7tf_7jngDKAJLl5l6Z2L6AFiON2UGtvrvTbvGlqSLMkKNFHoCRYbLJa8_FplFbwVcug7Jvn3Fi2Q5NEQQUllzAW-5exehdz1l8VfjRwWOO9qy_2mNzHfztuXug7qsRnd=w925-h615-no

ClimaxF1 updated Volkswagen Golf MK1 GTI with a new update entry:

Kamei livery & ffb settings and files added

Hi Guys

Here we have the Kamei livery which is one of my favorites for this car.
This wasn't the easiest skin to do because there's no template, the car's mapping and also because of the large front and rear wheel arches.
I've done my best to get as accurate as possible.

Hope you guys like have fun:)

Update details:

- Kamei livery added
- ffb settings added
- vw_golf_mk1_Upgrades file added
- new hdv file
- veh. files edited

View attachment 270812...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just tried the latest update and the FFB is better but still very light at speed. I tried @cebeuno tweaks and they are very good. I just overwrote the files. I still have to do Right CTRL + Num8 to invert the FFB but other than that it is all good.

Other things I noticed @ClimaxF1 . The mirrors seem to be of the wrong size. The image is very narrow. Maybe the texture is the wrong size or something?

Just tried the latest update and the FFB is better but still very light at speed. I tried @cebeuno tweaks and they are very good. I just overwrote the files. I still have to do Right CTRL + Num8 to invert the FFB but other than that it is all good.

Other things I noticed @ClimaxF1 . The mirrors seem to be of the wrong size. The image is very narrow. Maybe the texture is the wrong size or something?
You can change the realfeel settings in AMS main folder, just look for the "MK1 V", should be at the bottom.
As with the ffb settings I have received a few mails from guys that were having problems or no ffb at all now have full ffb so I don't think that I will be making any more changes based on the feedback that I have had. I now have too much but have made my own adjustments.
The mirrors I have asked someone to look at them, the gmt files would need some edits which I don't know how to do and don't have the tools to do so either.
As soon as I receive the new files I will be able to update and then I'm still waiting for all the new AI settings and AMS's latest features.

Hello all!

I've tested the first version and had some problems with AI.

The biggest problem is that the cars shake A LOT when on curbs. That's a recurrent problem that happen to several mods converted from rfactor to AMS. Because of that, the AI loses a lot of time. Is this something to do with dampers and shock absorvers?

You can see the erratic behaviour throughout this video. Advance to 8:28, to see an extreme case (pay attention to the blue car):

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello all!

I've tested the first version and had some problems with AI.

The biggest problem is that the cars shake A LOT when on curbs. That's a recurrent problem that happen to several mods converted from rfactor to AMS. Because of that, the AI loses a lot of time. Is this something to do with dampers and shock absorvers?

You can see the erratic behaviour throughout this video. Advance to 8:28, to see an extreme case (pay attention to the blue car):

Thanks
Diffucult to judge with Hockenheim as this car runs a extremely low suspension and the curbs are higher than most tracks at Hockenheim.

As mentioned in the updates and support section, there will be some adjustments to the AI, just waiting on some files and as soon as I have them I will updated after testing them.
Just takes time as everybody also has day jobs and don't always have free time on the weekend or in the week.

For now I'm just working on some skins until I receive those files.

Page edit:

One thing that I did notice that from the cars on the grid you don't have the latest version installed. I only see some of the first skins and there has being several updates since with new skins and various file changes and settings.

Nice video by the way, AI looks good to race against :)

Last edited:
ClimaxF1 updated Volkswagen Golf MK1 GTI with a new update entry:

West Racing Livery added

Hi Guys

Here's another one of my crazy crossover liveries, still one of my favorites on a F1 car.
The result looks pretty good and adds another car to the grid.

Hope you guys like, have fun :)

View attachment 271048 View attachment 271049 View attachment 271050 View attachment 271053

I'm still waiting on a few more skins, hopefully these will come soon or otherwise I will make a few more to complete the grid.

With one of the next updates there will be some minor...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@ClimaxF1 I understand perfectly. I have several resources releases here at RD, so I know how difficult is to create mod content to AMS. Your car is very good to drive, has great sounds and looks, it's a very good job. My only point is, as a off-line racer, AI quality is paramount to me, so right now I can only use your amazing car in time trials. But please consider it a positive feedback from someone to likes your job! Thanks man!

@ClimaxF1 I understand perfectly. I have several resources releases here at RD, so I know how difficult is to create mod content to AMS. Your car is very good to drive, has great sounds and looks, it's a very good job. My only point is, as a off-line racer, AI quality is paramount to me, so right now I can only use your amazing car in time trials. But please consider it a positive feedback from someone to likes your job! Thanks man!
I always welcome feedback, at the end of the day this is there for everyone and any improvements makes it better for me too.
Anyway, after your first post or late yesterday I decided to try three different tracks, Interlagos, Suzuka and Nurburgring.
AI was set between 90 and 100 depending on the track.
Interlagos was one of the best and most competitive races I have had, so good that I raced there twice. AI was good out of all corners.
Suzuka more or less the same although one or two corners there was a bit of wheel spin but never slow out the corners that would make it easy to overtake.
Nurburgring was good, not great but this track I use the previous version as the latest one uses too much FPS and is very inconsistent with FPS.
That said I have the same problem with many other cars that struggle a bit with some corners there, some wheel spin and the AI is not great.

The one thing you mention about the AI being slow out the corners I don't experience, infact I find myself having to race harder and faster with this car as the AI will always come for you if you are slow out the corners.
With most cars once you overtake you can pretty much control the pace, not here, just a touch slower on your lap, or slow in and out the corners and AI will pass you very quicky and leave you behind if you don't pick up the pace.

Maybe this AI suits my driving style, who knows.

Let's see with the new AI when It's ready and I receive the files, hopefully it will make the AI better for you.

Last edited:
@Lorencini In that video, the curb hopping is a product of that track. I see the AI doing the same in Boxer Cup also.

I have kept this mod updated through every release but @cebeuno files, for me have improved the ffb feel 10 fold. I would highly suggest implementing his changes into the mod permanently if possible.

@Lorencini In that video, the curb hopping is a product of that track. I see the AI doing the same in Boxer Cup also.

I have kept this mod updated through every release but @cebeuno files, for me have improved the ffb feel 10 fold. I would highly suggest implementing his changes into the mod permanently if possible.
Glad you brought that up because from what I could remember even AMS's cars are the same at Hockenheim.

With the ffb I'm sitting with a bit of a situation, only a handful of guys have had problems with the previous ffb, majority of those have being solved and I have had lots of good feedback with the new ffb.

In my case I had too much ffb which I've toned down it a bit for myself and I love strong ffb.

This leaves very few that may still have a problems. How do I change the files when a big majority is happy with the mod including myself.

The only thing that I do know about those three that still have low ffb, they all have the same wheel, is this related, I don't know.

Where do you find a balance between the very few that still have low ffb and the rest which is a big majority are very happy with the mod.

One other concern of my mine is should I change these settings, how will this affect those that are happy, will it be better or worse?

I can only suggest that for now those that still have a issue should try his ffb and if it makes them happy, even better and less work for me.

Other than tweaking the AI a bit and adding more skins I personally don't want to make changes on my side because I am extremely happy with the feel of the car and it's ffb.

I still welcome any ideas, tips suggestions and not just for this mod but anything I upload.

I do do this for everyone to have fun and enjoy, so if we can make improvemnts together then we all score.

Regards

ClimaxF1

Last edited:
How about you keep the ability to change FFB strength from the Showroom menu but implement the @cebeuno FFB.

One thought I had. I use a G27 with all settings in the G27 profile at zero EXCEPT "Overall Effects Strength" which is at 100%. I allow the game to change things (checkbox ticked).

Maybe this is why at speed I have little FFB. Do you have a similar wheel @ClimaxF1 and have damper etc enabled in G27 profile?

Love this mod so just offering ideas. Your mod so of course you are the best placed to choose the best course of action.

Thanks!

Glad you brought that up because from what I could remember even AMS's cars are the same at Hockenheim.

With the ffb I'm sitting with a bit of a situation, only a handful of guys have had problems with the previous ffb, majority of those have being solved and I have had lots of good feedback with the new ffb.

In my case I had too much ffb which I've toned down it a bit for myself and I love strong ffb.

This leaves very few that may still have a problems. How do I change the files when a big majority is happy with the mod including myself.

The only thing that I do know about those three that still have low ffb, they all have the same wheel, is this related, I don't know.

Where do you find a balance between the very few that still have low ffb and the rest which is a big majority are very happy with the mod.

One other concern of my mine is should I change these settings, how will this affect those that are happy, will it be better or worse?

I can only suggest that for now those that still have a issue should try his ffb and if it makes them happy, even better and less work for me.

Other than tweaking the AI a bit and adding more skins I personally don't want to make changes on my side because I am extremely happy with the feel of the car and it's ffb.

I still welcome any ideas, tips suggestions and not just for this mod but anything I upload.

I do do this for everyone to have fun and enjoy, so if we can make improvemnts together then we all score.

Regards

ClimaxF1

For me the new FFB work like a charm, what i can suggest to those who have issue with it is to open "real feel.ini" and add more FFB or to do it with the combination keys of "real feel" directly on the track.
here are the keys to use, good luck :)

Attachments

• RealFeel_pic.png
    RealFeel_pic.png
    809.1 KB · Views: 232
How about you keep the ability to change FFB strength from the Showroom menu but implement the @cebeuno FFB.

One thought I had. I use a G27 with all settings in the G27 profile at zero EXCEPT "Overall Effects Strength" which is at 100%. I allow the game to change things (checkbox ticked).

Maybe this is why at speed I have little FFB. Do you have a similar wheel @ClimaxF1 and have damper etc enabled in G27 profile?

Love this mod so just offering ideas. Your mod so of course you are the best placed to choose the best course of action.

Thanks!

Hi there

This mod is for everyone and yes it's my mod but that doesn't mean I can do as I please.
I always welcome help and in some cases even ask for it and if what I receive is useful to the mod then I would be happy to add their work to the mod.
The car or mod is there to have fun and hopefully everybody can enjoy the mod as much as I do and that's what matters at the end day.

The point is there's 373 downloads so far, which is not much, 1.3% of the people that I know of have low ffb even with the new settings.

Do I change the mod for those few or leave it as it is now with the new settings for the 98.7% which are happy with the way it is.

Just makes no sense to work backwards if what I'm saying makes any sense.

I get lots of mails and also private conversations here on RD with feedback on all the work I do and I have only had good feedback other than the very few which have left their feedback in the support section.

I don't know if it's wheel related, three guys including you use the same wheel, not sure what the other guy is running.

I'm using a Thrustmaster but even my controller has too much ffb with the current settings so I have changed the files to my own personal preference as I like to keep the ingame settings the same with all cars.

Here's Sil's comment "For me the new FFB work like a charm"

As I suggested before that for now those that still have a issue should try Cebeuno's ffb and if it makes them happy, even better and less for me to worry about.

I see Sil has also posted something on ffb but have not looked at it yet.

Last edited:
Another thing I forgot to mention is time, here's a sneak peak at some of the mods that I have being upgrading and converting to AMS as I've done with the VW GTI. With some of the mods I have even made complete new skin packs for them.

I would really like to close and finish the VW mod so that I can focus on finishing these mods.

The big one will be the 2018 F1 mod which will have individual suspensions, physics, sound packs, liveries, multifunction color lcd steering wheels and car models for each team.

jKvMrVAqIwO7tPGyPYUKBFManDYCuHd4io9zbDr9H7zR_UuqnNdeMpMvmv0NpaEwf1Zu6yQbfyuMcuSrsyTCuWEPsnZDxFK6NwC1woifjFvyz8CowZW3W0aU7zs_yCZNAeei4lpGyqf0f_ISV0luNZstsgH9i8dct_G_2qGI7cbuRwjxjJpYSKorOBhyfSg6pIM-198BojMhjPTUAves1fO7nUaWVNtj-lR7u39tHqGD86Oowk9SjKVBQZwL83iqxVRUS-HESW3ioSnfDYwivqfI8fPlI_vrFg1S1L_CM6S8HFhnx8mnYw6LvknjtNqXxmgOelYFxrwQVo7jORLKU5E1w0xPZyLJYv_SwAAa0Oeign7wTX4PtY5Aszj6WQKEYBbi6zsVkgtS1r_48QbIoxOZWLTjHrrvtmrFaYfOc5T-stpADYjyceeDUd6ecPZeDY7zdf06egKycWNTUvc1SA9O-pQSQ65zgA4_akRxzsxsbVjA_wFOfLomvCom2Kean2ctOIFXBjB2eNeQdBDNt6ulEEB_0OZ0IMOB-aRFK5HfUScdkPfGapug3WZ_fN0m0JMYm75UTKJKDdQcuYWxuaGNQxsA54Wt-4eDnokGW15_jD6aLIo1NH4764CZOU6s=w1204-h663-no

Last edited:
The car is running fine with the latest updates. I´m using a G27 too and selected FFB soft in the car settings and thats doing the job. Here´s a short video of the car on Taruma Track. I´m using the @cebueno settings.

Last edited:
The car is running fine with the latest updates. I´m using a G27 too and selected FFB soft in the car settings and thats doing the job. Here´s a short video of the car on Taruma Track. I´m using the @cebueno settings.

This looks good in the video, nice.

If not mistaken yourself and three other guys were having low ffb and funny enough all have the same wheel except for one guy which I don't know what setup he is using.
Cebueno settings work for you and Nobkins, so this seems to be the answer for you guys and I don't have to worry about making changes because everybody else is ok including myself based on the feedback I have had so far.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.