Volkswagen Golf MK1 GTI

Cars Volkswagen Golf MK1 GTI v1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
ClimaxF1 submitted a new resource:

Volkswagen Golf MK1 GTI - 2.L MK1 Golf GTI - 517hp/510Nm

Hi Guys

Some of you may have seeing a few preview pics of this little beast and I can finally give the first taste of my little baby.

I also want to thank all who have shown interest and I hope that you will enjoy this one.

This is basically a full rebuild from top to bottom with several options that are of my own personal taste.

Update details:

- Complete rework/rebuild with new files and textures
- New engine and gear files
- Upgraded to a 2.L MK1 Golf GTI -...

Read more about this resource...

I have not tested the mod yet, but this car (as a street version) was the must have when I took the driver's license. I've never had one and I'm all the happier to be able to drive it virtually in this version now. Looks in the pictures, as if everything was done with much devotion to detail, thank you very much.

Hi Climax. After testing the mod, I can say "I love this mod".
I found a couple of problems (minor).
- The led of shiftlight flashes constantly
- The shadow in showroom appears and disappears as you move the car

Sry my bad english and thanks for share!

Hi Climax. After testing the mod, I can say "I love this mod".
I found a couple of problems (minor).
- The led of shiftlight flashes constantly
- The shadow in showroom appears and disappears as you move the car

Sry my bad english and thanks for share!

The led is supposed to flash, just before you reach rev limit it will flash quickly a few times and when you supposed to change gears you will notice that it it stays on longer meaning that you must change gears.
This car goes through the gears very quickly so it may seem that it flashes a lot.
The shadow in the showroom I also noticed and don't know what the problem is at this stage.
Never changed any of those settings. Fortunately it's only in the showroom which is not a big concern too me.

ClimaxF1 updated Volkswagen Golf MK1 GTI with a new update entry:

Sound adjustments, new steering and Martini skin added

Hi Guys

One of the three skins in the download (Forge Motorsport Special) was still in it's uncompressed format for higher quality. This I normally do when designing skins for better quality but this is much too high for AMS 32 Bit. Have made the changes in this update.

Update details:

- Correct Forge Motorsport skin size added (5.3mb instead of 21.3mb)
- Martini skin added
- New MOMO Prototipo steering wheel added
- Adjusted all the // ATTENUTATION sounds (much smoother through the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have not tested the mod yet, but this car (as a street version) was the must have when I took the driver's license. I've never had one and I'm all the happier to be able to drive it virtually in this version now. Looks in the pictures, as if everything was done with much devotion to detail, thank you very much.
Same here, although I had several friends who one at some point. This was the car back in the day.
As for the detail I think it's makes the whole experience that much better and I wouldn't want less to be honest. I try my best and as much as the car model will allow.
Appreciate the comments and have fun with the car.

The led is supposed to flash, just before you reach rev limit it will flash quickly a few times and when you supposed to change gears you will notice that it it stays on longer meaning that you must change gears.
This car goes through the gears very quickly so it may seem that it flashes a lot.
The shadow in the showroom I also noticed and don't know what the problem is at this stage.
Never changed any of those settings. Fortunately it's only in the showroom which is not a big concern too me.
Yes, the shadow problem is very unimportant.
That characteristic in the shiftlight led has never seen it, it is good to learn something every day, but at times it becomes a bit confusing both flicker. XD

Greetings and as always thanks for sharing your work.

Hi Guys

Just a quick thank you to Sil for noticing a small issue with mirrors beeing inverted.

I was too focused on making the car look and sound good that I completely overlooked the mirrors.

Too be honest I didn't even noticed so feedback is always helpful and much appreciated.

I've asked someone to have a look as I don't have clue where to find these settings.

If anyone reading this now knows how to fix this your help is wanted.

Regards

ClimaxF1

Last edited:

Marlboro livery added

Hi Guys

I wasn't on planning to update so soon or intil I had some more but just had to share this one with you guys.

This is the first time I've done a Marlboro skin and I think the result looks super nice if a may say so.

Not the easiest livery to do when there's no template, a bit like putting a jigsaw puzzle together.

Hope you guys like and appreciate all the feedback and reviews so far, thank you!

View attachment 270208 View attachment 270209...

The Malboro skin is looking really nice, i am allways driving the #18 now hehe welldone mate ;)
My favorite too.

There's someone working on the mirrors and some other minor issues that will be addressed. Will be a few days as he is out of town and said that he would help as soon as he is back by his pc.

There should be some more skins coming in the next day or so.

BP Racing livery added and inverted mirrors fixed

Hi Guys

Here we have another classic livery to add to the collection.

My design is based on the #48 LeMans Porsche 911 RS Sonauto BP Racing team.

Special thanks to Triebie for making new files for the mirrors.

Update details:

- Mirrors fixed (what's right is right & what's left is left)
- BP Sonauto livery added

View attachment 270428 View attachment 270429

Hi Climax...
Is there any possibility of being able to put these rims on the MK1?

DSC_8241.jpg

Or these...

med_internet_forge_golf-32.jpg

Hi Climax...
Is there any possibility of being able to put these rims on the MK1?

DSC_8241.jpg

Or these...

med_internet_forge_golf-32.jpg
You would have to change the model of the rim and then all cars would have the same rim again. Unfortunetely that's not something I would want to do. As nice as these rims are they will not go with all cars.

You would have to change the model of the rim and then all cars would have the same rim again. Unfortunetely that's not something I would want to do. As nice as these rims are they will not go with all cars.
Aha, I understand. I figured something like in the Citroën Saxo mod, which can be exchanged between dirt and asphalt in the showroom.

Hello, here is another option for the FFBB in case someone wants to try it.
Climax: you are free to delete it if you feel it is wrong for me to modify your files. In that case, sorry for my daring.

In the .rar you have 2 folders: "TEST" and "REPLACE"

To TEST the optional FFBB without replace any file
Just unrar in you "Automobilista" folder
the "GameData" folder located inside of "TEST" folder in the .rar

In this way the only car that will have the new FFBB will be the TEST car
that will appear in the showroom

After testing the car, if you want to replace the FFBB so that it will have effect on all cars
replacing the original files of the mod...

the "GameData" folder located inside of "REPLACE" folder in the .rar

After that you can delete de files "vw_golf_mk2.hdv" and "vw_golf_mk2_Susp.pm"
and the folder "TEST" located in "GameData\Vehicles\GolfMK1\vw_golf_mk1"

Always make a backup of the original files for future regrets.
("vw_golf_mk1.hdv" and "vw_golf_mk1_Susp.pm")

PD: Sry my bad english.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://ufile.io/5sh2m
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, here is another option for the FFBB in case someone wants to try it.
Climax: you are free to delete it if you feel it is wrong for me to modify your files. In that case, sorry for my daring.

In the .rar you have 2 folders: "TEST" and "REPLACE"

To TEST the optional FFBB without replace any file
the "GameData" folder located inside of "TEST" folder in the .rar

In this way the only car that will have the new FFBB will be the TEST car
that will appear in the showroom

After testing the car, if you want to replace the FFBB so that it will have effect on all cars
replacing the original files of the mod...

the "GameData" folder located inside of "REPLACE" folder in the .rar

After that you can delete de files "vw_golf_mk2.hdv" and "vw_golf_mk2_Susp.pm"
and the folder "TEST" located in "GameData\Vehicles\GolfMK1\vw_golf_mk1"

Always make a backup of the original files for future regrets.
("vw_golf_mk1.hdv" and "vw_golf_mk1_Susp.pm")

PD: Sry my bad english.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://reep.io/d/iwkobg8srj
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't have a problem if someone want's to help, my only problem is that there are new updates coming from my side that will include a new upgrades file with all the realfeel settings and standard ffb settings to choose from. With this there will be new veh. files and a new hdv file too.

This creates a bit of a confusion as your file setup is different to what mine is.

I will have a look at the files and see if can't make one update so that's there's no confusion.

In future allow me to test the files first before you post on my page and would be happy to include them to a update if needed.

Appreciate the help!

In future allow me to test the files first before you post on my page and would be happy to include them to a update if needed.
Ok, if you have already downloaded the file, delete my post and test it to see what you think.
Or I can delete it myself if it confirms that you have already downloaded it.

Sry again.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea