Visor View Mod

What kinda a helmet are you using?
I never felt a helmet blocking my peripheral vision in anyway and i've raced karts often a few years ago.

Yeah I wear a helmet whilst racing motorbikes and you are right, But this mod and others give immersion. I love it. If it's what you like, use it. If you dont like, dont use it. Simples.

That looks great Carl. Going to share it? I drive a lotus too in my career. Please.

ps glad we are back on track here. But good to see that crime does not pay.;)
I use my custom helmet ingame which is why I have Fanatec on the visor (my avatar is my helmet) but I'll do you one with a sponsor of your choice if you like

I use my custom helmet ingame which is why I have Fanatec on the visor (my avatar is my helmet) but I'll do you one with a sponsor of your choice if you like

Yes please. Can you do a Blue tint sun visor one with yellow Pirelli sponsor or similar with clear lens? Thanks Carl.

By Thimoty Decrans's suggestion, I'm thinking to modify for allowing to change texture by key when player switches car in-game.

The file structure of visor texture will be changed as follows.
  1. All textures put into 'Visor Mod' directory.
  2. (One texture for all team) If visor.dds and visoropen.dds exist in 'Visor Mod' directory, game will load only this one pair of textures.
  3. (individual texture for each team) All texture will load from sub-directories and player can choose by key('Page Up' and 'Page Down'). The name of sub-directories for each team are as same as for car texture.
I want to hear your opinion, especially, visor texture creater's.

Thanks for Ver.1.1 Update and continued development, kenken.
Your visor Mod is really great F1 experience for me since Grand Prix 4.

I've edited Visor Logos for all teams based on Rini Braat & T46D's template personally. But at this time, I have to change each team's visor texture manually (I'm using JSGME).

If individual texture for each team is possible and we can change them with in-game hotkey, it will be a great feature.
And actually, this feature will enable us various visor selections.

For example ...

(e.g.1)
Red Bull - Visor Close
McLaren - Visor Open

=> We can toggle Close/Open with 'Page Up' and 'Page Down'

(e.g.2)
Ferrari - Clear Visor
Mercedes - Smoked Visor

=> We can toggle Clear/Smoked with 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' etc ...

We'll be able to choose these visor textures with this Team Select feature.

* And glad to hear about new Dirt/Old Spots effects too.
It was possible in Grand Prix 4 with Mod. And I wished this feature for Codemasters F1 series too for a long time.
So, your Mod will really make my dream come true !

By the way, here are pics from my personal visor textures based on Rini Braat & T46D's template
( Thanks again to Rini Braat & T46D ).

I'm truly enjoying this Mod and looking forward to the next update :) !

f12012visor01.jpg

Tommi-TAG Any chance of release? Or are these strictly personal use?
Thanks again for your reply, NAPA15toyota.
I simply added each team's logo to Rini Braat & T46D's template. And all thanks to kenken, Rini & T46D I think.
I'd like to ask T46D for his permission to use his template as a base of my textures and share it.
If he allows me, I'd like to post and share my edited visors here too.
Thank you :)

If anyone can change a on screen display image such as the lap times or map with this visor this should work.
i would try it myself but i dont have the experience

kelaroost

In theory, we can use all data on the memory. So it's possible to make such effect. But to find out data what we want is difficult task. Especially, if you don't know exact value of these.

For example, to determine timing to show visor texture, a single pointer address is needed. I spend time a week maybe more, to just get 4 byte data. This example is easier case.

I know you guys spend more time to fight xml modding. But I already have several plans to have to implement. And also I have technical difficulties for my another MOD. So I simply don't have time for searching something at this point.

Before incident happened, I was thinking I recompile this MOD for DX10 or DX10.1 generation video card. But I made my decision.

From now on, the requirement of latest patch(at this point, 12) and DX11 will never change. I'll ignore and reject any requests for changing requirements of this MOD.

Please, don't post objection.

Andy Jackson here ya go bud, it was hard to get the Pirelli logo to stay yellow under a blue visor strip LOL
http://www.mediafire.com/?eojbfar056aal6a
Thanks for sharing your visor textures, Carl.
Not only closed one but also open visor and its shadow effects are very realistic and really great in-game !
It's so much fun to open/close visor when driving over 300 km/h lol

And I'm sorry but I've just edited each team's logo and I really want to add them to your visors too.
And if you allow me, I want to edit and use your open visor texture for Rini & T46D's version.
So, I'd like to ask for your permission for it too.
Of course, I won't forget full credits to all authors.
Thank you in advance :)

Tommi-TAG Yeah buddy feel free to use any or all parts of my visor, I think it's cool that we're all sharing in this thread and making a better game for everyone :)

I could upload the photoshop files if anyone wants them? Although they are quite big LOL

Everytime I try to use the mod does not enter the game and says the game has stopped working, is something that can solve that I do not know?
seems to be very good

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 508 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 311 42.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 335 45.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 164 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 199 26.9%
Back