Resource icon

Cars Virtua Simulazioni Toyota GT-One 2017-09-22

Login or Register an account to download this content
As many here said, there is really too much of the understeer, specially under a high speed. I seriously doubt this kind of car really has it, I would say completely the opposite, it should have lots of oversteer.
I do not believe this to be the case at all , watch videos online , I see no understeer issues at all , not from comparing videos on utube from the mod or IRL , the simple lack of downforce + mechanical grip loss , with in relation to tire compounds used or simply the wrong suspension settings ,
Tires / Aero / Suspension is 3 key factors here of eliminating these issues , I simply do not see no comparison comparing external replays to RL replays , comparing onboards to RL onboards .
ea3e82e8678499e0c433034518f0fc77.png

Show me here where you see any understeer ?

I do not believe this to be the case at all , watch videos online , I see no understeer issues at all , not from comparing videos on utube from the mod or IRL , the simple lack of downforce + mechanical grip loss , with in relation to tire compounds used or simply the wrong suspension settings ,
Tires / Aero / Suspension is 3 key factors here of eliminating these issues , I simply do not see no comparison comparing external replays to RL replays , comparing onboards to RL onboards .
ea3e82e8678499e0c433034518f0fc77.png

Show me here where you see any understeer ?
His comment said he expected it to oversteer not understeer.

His comment said he expected it to oversteer not understeer.
Yeah hes right , you can see the car snapping in the videos , almost to the point where its generating oversteer these cars are really highly aero dependent , understeer will be almost minimal at best :)

I was not going into details what is the cause of understeer, I know exactly why it is causing it.
There can be plenty of things that can cause. I (we) won`t start a conversation about it, since we as races should know what can be the reasons.
And @chargingcar btw, understeer is not only what you copy/pasted here ;)
basically is, but if you go into car`s setup details, can be much, much more.

I even eliminated it with an extreme (far from RL) setup, but this is not right.

Reactions: CC
I was not going into details what is the cause of understeer, I know exactly why it is causing it.
There can be plenty of things that can cause. I (we) won`t start a conversation about it, since we as races should know what can be the reasons.
And @chargingcar btw, understeer is not only what you copy/pasted here ;)
basically is, but if you go into car`s setup details, can be much, much more.
Yeah a picture and a video , otherwise I would need to remember the links in my mind lol to write it by hand ,
anyways on a more serious note , what you are saying regarding the oversteer is what you would expect from a car of this nature , and a lot of official cars too , but like I always have said most cars in this sim are too understeer orientated for me :)

Yeah a picture and a video , otherwise I would need to remember the links in my mind lol to write it by hand ,
anyways on a more serious note , what you are saying regarding the oversteer is what you would expect from a car of this nature , and a lot of official cars too , but like I always have said most cars in this sim are too understeer orientated for me :)

Do not rely on basic setup. I do not have any problem with any original car to have an understeer - all can be done and fixed with setup change. But 80% of the modded cars are far from at least feeling to be close to their real brothers. Physics is just something, that you have to put 90% of all the work of the whole car into.

Reactions: CC
Is this the car that is meant to do 380kmh? Or was that only the road version?
Road version here states 380kph , but with turbo 420kph , Damn thats fast :D:D what a machine!

The Toyota "TS020" GT-One Road Car is a road-homologated mid-engined supercar manufacatured by Toyota. The road version is based on the race version, and was built due to homologation reasons.

In 1997, Toyota decided to move to the production-based FIA GT Championship division, particularly in GT1. Since they had to do this, they were forced to make a production version due to regulations saying the manufacturer must build at least 2 functional road-going models of the same car. In 1998, the Toyota TS020 GT-One road car was fully built and ready to go.

The road version uses most of the race car's vehicle components but some parts have some small changes for the road.

The engine is the same 3.6-litre R36V twin-turbocharged V8, and like the race version, puts out 600 horsepower (450 kW; 610 PS) at 6000 rpm and 479 pound-feet (649 N·m) of torque also at 6000 rpm.[7][8] All of the power is delivered to the rear wheels via a 6-speed sequential manual transmission, making the car rear-wheel drive. The suspension is based on the race version's components, these being independent front & rear double wishbones, but the ride height is higher, to match road regulations.

The car is able to do 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds,[7] 0-100 mph in 5.5 seconds, and the quarter mile in 10.7 seconds at 142 miles per hour (229 km/h).[citation needed] The GT-One's top speed is set at 236 miles per hour (380 km/h), although the turbocharger would propel it to around 260 miles per hour (420 km/h).[7]

The exterior design is still the same as the race car's design, but the spoiler has been slightly changed to meet road regulations. The interior, however has been extensively changed.[9] The front dashboard and steering wheel have been simplified to meet regulations. The dashboard includes the usual lights featured on a dashboard. The steering wheel is manufactured by Toyota Team Europe. The center console has also been simplified, which now stores the climate controls, the air conditioning fans, hazards, light beam controls, etc.

The body construction is the same; carbon-fiber, to keep the car light and nimble. The block material is also made carbon-fiber. This resulted with a total weight of 900 kilograms (2,000 lb). However, since the car had been installed with road-related necessities (e.g. air conditioning system), the weight had been increased by 20 kilograms (44 lb), but since this increase isn't much, it's most likely because of the limited road necessities that were installed.

This cannot be true. I think that no car with "only" 600 hp can do 380km/h, that I don`t mention 420 (only maybe, maybe, maybe in some oval like Nardo).
For example, f1 team BAR Honda, did in 2005 an experiment, with an engine cca 900 hp (or maybe some few more) and car weight 600 kg at Bonneville lake 413km/h, but with very reduced drag (no rear horizontal wing, only some vertical for direction stability).
In LeMans in 1998 the top speed of this TS020 was 323 km/h in 1999 333km/h. So, faaar from those figures, and I would say they are inaccurate.

Last edited:
Yes I had already read that but finding figures on specifically the race car is quite difficult. But tbh I cannot see how a ~600HP, 900kg race car achieved 380kmh without an impossible (0.6CDA) drag co-efficient.

This cannot be true. I think that no car with "only" 600 hp can do 380km/h, that I don`t mention 420 (only maybe, maybe, maybe in some oval like Nardo).
For example, BAR Honda, did with cca 900 (or maybe some few more) and at 600kg at Bonneville lake 413km/h, but with very reduced drag (no rear horizontal wing, only some vertical for direction stability).
In LeMans in 1998 the top speed of this TS020 was 323 km/h in 1999 333km/h. So, daf from those figures, and I would say they are inaccurate.

Yes I had already read that but finding figures on specifically the race car is quite difficult. But tbh I cannot see how a ~600HP, 900kg race car achieved 380kmh without an impossible (0.6CDA) drag co-efficient.
Im surprised too a road car could achieve 260mph / 420kph almost 20 years ago , the bugatti veyron when launched was claimed to be the fastest road car in the world , I can not remember anything from this car at all mentioned anywhere from my memory :) must be wrong , 420kph even 400 is damn fast .

The car is able to do 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds,[7] 0-100 mph in 5.5 seconds, and the quarter mile in 10.7 seconds at 142 miles per hour (229 km/h).[citation needed] The GT-One's top speed is set at 236 miles per hour (380 km/h), although the turbocharger would propel it to around 260 miles per hour (420 km/h).[7]
if you follow that [7] citation you come to a site that does not have that 430km/h or 260 mph number, only 380 km/h or 236 mph. So that citation is wrong, maybe added by a 12 year old Gran Tursimo fan ;)

if you follow that [7] citation you come to a site that does not have that 430km/h or 260 mph number, only 380 km/h or 236 mph. So that citation is wrong, maybe added by a 12 year old Gran Tursimo fan ;)
I never believed it was right , and was on WIKI , and was not me who actually asked the question ,
either way , information is pretty vague on these older cars unless you have an official license or know some one who actually owns one its pretty hard to get hard facts , but looking at this official MC12 from kunos , that is also unclear and dont seem accurate to data , I think best way to get this info is to be standing in front of it on a rolling road , but we all know this anyways dont we :D

At last we get to drive it! Thank you for the efforts.. Are you guys also planning sound updates for mp4-13 and f300? It would be great to hear those external v10 sounds again.

Off topic but...I can't believe this physics wise botched mod still drives better than the pcars2 version. Wow. What a pos game(i'm talking about pcars2. Don't make my mistake and buy into the hype. Stay the f*ck away from that steaming pile of hot sh*t sms just dumped on us)

At last we get to drive it! Thank you for the efforts.. Are you guys also planning sound updates for mp4-13 and f300? It would be great to hear those external v10 sounds again.
Plan is to release our most ambitious car yet next which no one will have predicted coming. Im not doing the physics for that one. The plan is to update this and the others as well but plans change so i will not confirm anything, the vs account or I or one of the other guys will begin drip feeding information once there is a certainty

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back