Resource icon

Cars Virtua Simulazioni Toyota GT-One 2017-09-22

Login or Register an account to download this content
Would have been, I got full on backhanded by my professor, assignment in the first week back to university, create a graphics engine in C++ with opengl with support for all these technologies. This is what we were told 30 minutes into our first c++ lesson. I simply dont have the mental aptitude to deal with the complexity of that as well as this. My expectation is I may get a 2 maybe 3 hour grace period after handing this code in. Oh wait no I also have my machine learning project due on the 25th and the vr project on 3th.

I'll try my best to find time, I have a very good idea thanks to multiple parties about how this project could be adapted to fit their expectations. Hopefully I dont have to receive a death threat over a mod again.

Are you serious about having received a death threat over the mod? Is so, that's absurd and completely unacceptable, you need to report that to the moderators. Behaviour like that should never, ever be tolerated!

Are you serious about having received a death threat over the mod? Is so, that's absurd and completely unacceptable, you need to report that to the moderators. Behaviour like that should never, ever be tolerated!
Yeah facebook was pretty good at locking that guy down, it was a brand new account though so whoever it was ill never know, im sorta used to it though, of all things running a minecraft server 5 or so years ago when it was free in alpha was brutal, so I used to ban people for griefing which was where people would destroy peoples creations for the sake of just being evil. Somehow this sent people on a mad tirade to try and end my server so if anyone thinks this community is harsh, go play minecraft, you will encounter the literal worse 10 years olds of your life. On the bright side I am seriously impressed with the vocabulary some of these children have, sure they are wishing death upon someone but some of them put a lot of effort in.

Goddamn... and i thought i was harsh on modders. A death threat?! How empty does your life have to be to obsess that much over video games.

Goddamn... and i thought i was harsh on modders. A death threat?! How empty does your life have to be to obsess that much over video games.
the sim racing community is probably one of the most pleasant you can find, especially this site. Having lived with a roommate deep into DotA and CS (and more of the same) I learned the definition of 'salty' through his tirades :rolleyes:

the sim racing community is probably one of the most pleasant you can find, especially this site. Having lived with a roommate deep into DotA and CS (and more of the same) I learned the definition of 'salty' through his tirades :rolleyes:
The most pleasant for me is the xcom modding scene, ive to my surprise not encountered a single nasty person there which was really shocking. Perhaps all their anger is put on the game. Similar to the environment of the modding support forum were everyone was surrounded in positiveness . nice if you wanna kick back and just see what crazy stuff people are making.

Still find it curious about sim racing though, one of the most controversial topics is paymods but the vast majority of people here accept and even promote them further more this is definitely one of the most generous communities in terms of donations and willingness to just give away money, compare it to the nexus and you would be lucky if a single person donated in a mod with 100,000 downloads. I'd love to do a proper case study on the metrics behind it all at some point since the differences are pretty large between these communities.

We're talking about people who pay upwards of 500 for an accessory that'll be used for 3-4 games. shelling out 5 bucks every now and then doesn't mean much :D
I do miss the days paymods came on CDs with numerous booklets :coffee:*oldmanmode*
2017-10-15 11.36.18.jpg

This mod is awesome. The model is fantastic, the engine's sound is top notch too. and it handles very good too.
The only problem might be that there isn't the turbocharged version.
And it also feels slow, it can barely reach 270-280 KM\h, while the real Toyota GT-One's top speed was 380 KM\h, and it could've been turbocharged too, making this beast reach 420 Km\h (420, HA!)

Last edited:
This mod is awesome. The model is fantastic, the engine's sound is top notch too. and it handles very good too.
The only problem might be that there isn't the turbocharged version.
And it also feels slow, it can barely reach 270-280 KM\h, while the real Toyota GT-One's top speed was 380 KM\h, and it could've been turbocharged too, making this beast reach 420 Km\h (420, HA!)
Ive not tried AC in a while but the turbo can be controlled by the number keys on your keyboard. The default setup is for high downforce, reduce the angle of the rear wing

Would have been, I got full on backhanded by my professor, assignment in the first week back to university, create a graphics engine in C++ with opengl with support for all these technologies. This is what we were told 30 minutes into our first c++ lesson. I simply dont have the mental aptitude to deal with the complexity of that as well as this. My expectation is I may get a 2 maybe 3 hour grace period after handing this code in. Oh wait no I also have my machine learning project due on the 25th and the vr project on 3th.

I'll try my best to find time, I have a very good idea thanks to multiple parties about how this project could be adapted to fit their expectations. Hopefully I dont have to receive a death threat over a mod again.
I'm having fun with the mod, although it's true that the physics are weird, way too much understeer.
Take your time with the update, I can wait.
Also, a death threat? Jesus!

IS THIS MOD DEAD!? :thumbsdown:

I'm just kidding ;) In all seriousness though, are you still planning on doing/releasing the planned update?

IS THIS MOD DEAD!? :thumbsdown:

I'm just kidding ;) In all seriousness though, are you still planning on doing/releasing the planned update?
Yes the mod is dead, I will not be modding for the foreseeable future because i just dont want to and the rest of the team are busy with work or degrees. PM the VS account if you or anyone wants to edit/overhaul/fix etc etc the mod.

Yes the mod is dead, I will not be modding for the foreseeable future because i just dont want to and the rest of the team are busy with work or degrees. PM the VS account if you or anyone wants to edit/overhaul/fix etc etc the mod.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
@aphidgod you wouldn't happen to have some TS020 physics lying around, would you? :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 428 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 286 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 280 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 194 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 328 12.8%