• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Various Project CARS 2 Previews, Interview and Pre Order Details

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,317
    Project CARS 2 Pre Order Details.jpg
    Slightly Mad Studios have revealed pre order details for the upcoming Project CARS 2, with plenty of content on offer for those who put down money early on the new game.

As has become tradition in the gaming industry over the years, players who choose to pre order a game in advance of the official release date will be eligible to receive various perks unavailable to those who purchase once the game is out in the public domain.

In the case of Project CARS 2, Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed the new title will ship in two special edition variants, Standard and Deluxe.

The Standard Edition includes:
    • The Full Game
    • The Japanese Car Pack, featuring
    - Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R
    - Honda Project 2&4
    - Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A
    - Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX

Standard Edition is available for Xbox One (£49.99), PlayStation 4 (£49.99) and Windows PC (£44.99).

The Deluxe Edition Includes:
    • The Full Game
    • The Season Pass
    • The Japanese Car Pack, featuring
    - Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R
    - Honda Project 2&4
    - Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A
    - Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX
    • The Motorsports Pack, featuring
    - Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44
    - Panoz Esperante GTR-1
    - Audi V8 DTM
    - Opel Astra TCR

Deluxe Edition is available for Xbox One (£74.99), PlayStation 4 (£74.99) and Windows PC (£69.98).

In other news Project CARS 2 Game Director Stephen Viljoen spoke recently with Nvidia about the game and what to expect come release later in the year:

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

Project CARS 2 - Esperante GTR-1 - 2.jpg Project CARS 2 - Esperante GTR-1.jpg Project CARS 2 - Honda Civic Type R 2.jpg Project CARS 2 - Honda Civic Type R 3.jpg Project CARS 2 - Honda Civic Type R.jpg

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

Will you be pre ordering Project CARS 2 prior to release in September? Do you think the additional content will be worth the risk of buying before reviews surface? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,627
    Do we know if we'll be able to buy that content separately at some point or is pre-ordering the only way to ever get that content? I'd rather pay for it later, even if it costs a little more, after I've seen good feedback about the game than pre-order and then find out it's rubbish.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Shadowoff

Shadowoff

Ratings:
    +56
    Does anyone know whether multiple custom liveries are finally possible without any mods?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,231
    Usually the only pre-order content that you won't get to buy later on are the cosmetic stuff, so I would guess you can buy it later on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Juliusz Baczynski

Juliusz Baczynski

Ratings:
    +96
    from 0:41 and forward about the physics is such BS XD So many lies...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Carlitox

Carlitox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +93
    I'm very unsure about this game. I'm not part of the group that hates on the first game, in fact, I've enjoyed my fair share of it. But after that I got AC, then I got AC's DLCs, and AC is so much superior in almost every aspect. And Kunos is anything but done with AC, which kinda makes me doubt about PC2. Especially price-wise, it has the tag of an AAA game and before it has been released, we know there will be more than 2 DLCs, and you'll get only one for free if you preorder. I don't feel I'll get as much value for money.
    I am not ruling out the game by any means but I'd wait. Perhaps Youtubers who get early access will be able to paint a better picture for us.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Veteran member of the PC master race Premium

Ratings:
    +3,090
    Well seeing as the director in the video says that Pcars 1 was the most technically advanced sim on the physics side when it was released I am looking forward to this one as he says it's even better.

I will read the reviews on here after release and then buy it if favourable. But most likely wait for a sale.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Crivitz Chris

Crivitz Chris

Ratings:
    +112
    Not really a fan of a game that is showing off completed DLC before the game even comes out.

I hope that the game will be good. Graphically and content wise, it looks great. Hopefully it will allow custom skins

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. samcar304

samcar304
    Premium

Ratings:
    +344
    I'm going to pre order it the night before release. Download it and have a play. If it feels better than 1 I will keep it. If not it will be getting refunded. It's pretty black and white for me. Although it is looking tempting.

• Like Like x 2
  10. DeVxC

DeVxC

Ratings:
    +4
    Oh standard version includes full game, oh good I was worried for a moment.
    Day one DLC oh love it let me bend over so you can f...
    Seriously gamers need to get there sh** together and stop supporting this disgusting practice.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Sad Sad x 1
  11. Michael Lowe

Michael Lowe
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    Really hoping this turns out to be great. I am in need of a well done vr career mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +465
    That Panoz tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Old But Not Obsolete.. Premium

Ratings:
    +329
    From what I'm picking up from a source is that the you will be able to pick up everything that's in the delux edition later on, apart from the motorsport pack, which you will only get providing you buy the season pass, or the delux edition on pre order...But considering the pre order discount runs till 21st sept, I'm personally going to wait till we learn more, and watch more reviews.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,231
    Reminds me of...
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 25
    • Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +465
    We may complain about how this is a bad business practice, but the sheep never listen and will just buy whatever.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Veteran member of the PC master race Premium

Ratings:
    +3,090
    Fantabulous. :roflmao::thumbsup:

17. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,231
    You mean?

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +257
    Actually, those are bonuses..

Japanese Pack is a pre-order purchase bonus.
    Motorsport Pack is a Season Pass purchase bonus.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  19. traind

traind

Ratings:
    +159
    The dlc cartoons are funny. Of course they are also way off base if you have any business sense.

DLC came about because people were buying $60 games-- shooters in particular--- and playing them for a full year and hundreds upon hundreds of hours. The same people will pay $12 for a 2 hour movie ticket. Or $60 to spend 10 to 12 hours at the theater across 5 movies. But charging more than $60 for a blockbuster game they would use for 300+ hours was going to be rejected. And developers were losing their shirts on some titles... partly because everyone was stuck on COD, GTA, Battlefield and Halo for so long.

So dlc solved that issue and developers have a revenue stream. And gamers get more content for the titles they love. Everyone wins right? Even the whiners.... they got something new to complain about.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +780
    You are taking quite the liberty interpreting the birth of DLC and paid online access. The issue here isn't also DLC extending the life of a game, it's the DLC being ingame content pieced out of the package and placed behind an additional paywall.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1