rF2 V8 Supercars @ Surfer's Paradise - Mon January 11th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on full,it has to be Max!,just sorted it and got me stripes now,but it has now become quite a different track almost everywhere!,have to do some re-learning,really some surprising major differences.
S'wat we meant :)

More a case of whapping things up to \\\"Full\\\" and thinking that is the top setting,like some other games i have,but now discovering i can have more :).
Pfffft :D. A whole new world has opened up!

EDIT: Hang on one second - I can't get to Max. Full is the highest I have. You been on the 'shrooms again?

Thats was a hard one. Was doing oke had some little spins like everyone i think. :D
But in lap 11 i was focusing on my HUD instead of the road so i smashed the car agains the pit entry lol :D
Crazy track btw but huge fun. :)

loved it got upto about 5th but then wasnt thinking at all about the race and just went down an escape road :p had to wait for all pack to go past so was last again :( did that a couple of times, me not paying attention. Few good battles though :)

at the end I just decided to see how long I could 'wheely' my car for over the humps :)

Thanks for setting it up

Dan.

I seemed to be the slowest in qualifying and was having trouble in practice, but the race was excellent fun and I only really started to get a handle on the car during the race, I nicked a few places off the start and a battle with Ivo (again :)) and Dan began to develop but we all had some spins and I finished in 7th I think, last of the runners, thanks Dan for the setup.

That was excellent stuff. :D

I started pretty well in 4th, but fell back to second last by the end of the first lap. I tried to concentrate on getting my positions back, and until my battle with Steven (which was bloody great) everything was a blur. By the time I had gotten past him and Ben had retired, I glanced at my HUD and was like "3rd?? Where the heck did that come from???"

So that was where I finished. Pretty chuffed with a podium in my country's cars at one of the world's best street circuits. Thanks for the event Ryan, and thanks all for the unusually clean driving for a street track. :)

Hope to see more Aussies at Bathurst on Sunday... :D

I never really became freindly with the track at all despite plenty practice runs,so didnt expect much and if im honest,i had a niggling in my head saying "early retirment in flames".....away in 3rd behind Ben and Greg and it was all holding stations for a lap or 2,then the gloves came off for some battle,i could hang with them fine very early,then some good old overdriving dropped me off slightly,a cloud of smoke at T1 and suddenly it was Greg just ahead in 2nd place now...then a bit later another cloud of smoke,and its Ben again :D,not long after Ben clipped an apex wall spinning to a halt so im gifted 2nd spot,as i settled down a bit i noticed that on some bits i could gain time,but always the final 2 or 3 turns Greg pulled it all back again (grrr..)...then very late on another massive cloud of smoke at T1 with him just recovering out of it with a signature "loool",from 10secs down to 1.2,this perked me up for a bit of push style for a possible grandstand finish,but any kind of pushing now resulted in very scary sideways slewing towards walls,and Greg had sorted his mentaller Belgian heed out now and quickly built some gap as i desperately tried to give more....but i had nowt more.
Grats Greg and our real live authentic resident Aussie Rhys.

Thanks Ryo & RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back