rF2 V8 Supercars @ Pukekohe - Mon November 30th 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Qualifying was bad, loads of understeer and still don't "feel" the car yet. Havn't found it's limit.

Race was okay, passed a few cars at first, then was sitting in 4th for most of the race. Spun at the 3rd last corner and then lost loads of places. Went to pit and forgot the speed limiter (used to the auto limiter in Race 07) so got a stop and go. Went to take it next left and none other then Gary Lennon spins in the pit lane and blocks it :p lol He then quit the race. Sorry man, was backing up. Later on, spun again and gave up.

Love these cars, need to get used to them a bit more, but I think I have the braking right now! Thanks Ryan, can't wait for the league!

Huge fun.. reminds me of the RD event at Adelaide a couple of years ago. Huge fun! Didn't have much practice but managed to come away with a 57.2XX PB set in the race lol - faster than my quali time :D.

Started around 14th and finished 7th :D. Would have possible finished higher if not for my addiction to 360's at the hairpin :D.

Thanks Ryan, great event, can't wait till 2010!

These are difficult cars to drive quickly, they require a different style to what I am used to, but once you get used to them they are very rewarding, The race was really good and from where I started 11th I think, the driving at the start was excellent, I couldnt see any mad dashes for the first turn and cars spinning off which was great and bodes well for future races and the season, my only suggestion is to run TC on low at server level so it`s the same for everyone, all in all a great first race in the 09 V8s, thanks for setting it up Ryan and roll on the next one :)

Great racing tonight chaps really enjoyed it!

Q went well enough but had been doing better this afternoon.

Race - Had a great race and managed to work my way upto 2nd and held it to the 29th lap and caught a curb spun and then was hit head on by somebody which ended in a front puncture :starving: that was it for me race over, had to pit to change tire and just lost my rythem.

If the league is even half as good as this then we are in for a treat.

I was just behind Ryan in quali with 0.18x seconds.

Then I had a good start and overtook Ryan and had Gary behind me. This went on for some laps in which Gary and I where pretty close. Managed to make almost my whole first stint in 56, with the fastest lap of the race a 56.5xx

At some point Gary spun and I had 4 seconds, then my father called me and I was thinking I had a phonecall but he was telling me there was something on TV, but I had already put the car in the grass xD

Then I was behind Gary and Ryan overtook me in the hairpin, later I overtook him again and was chasing Gary, but when I came close he made his pitstop. I was still making 56's at that time and I thought as long as I can make 56 I will continue on this tyres. But lapping some people made me slower and I made my pitstop (only tyres).

Then I raced on without mistake and won the race with 40 seconds lead :)

Also there was someone about to be lapped and he braked on the racing line... Please watch out, I was in your slipstream and didn't expect it and almost smashed in your back ;)

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves - the mod leaves you feeling very satisified, the track is great too.

TC will be set to only Low at the next test event in two weeks and damage moved back to 50% from 80%.

For myself I had a bit of a shocker. Got pole comfortably, still had a tenth or more to spare.

In the race fell behind Gary and Ben at the start and then watching them battling in front slipped half a wheel on the garss and hit the armco. Fought back past Mark B, Lee and Phil to get back to 3rd. The Gary and Ben had their troubles and all three of us were together again. Span coming out of the first complex just before my stop, lost places to Phil and Lee. Overtook them and pitted.

I crashed entering the pits and then spent an age getting it turned round. To add insult to injury I got a drive-through for speeding. Even worse I thought it was a stop-and-go so pitted and sat there confused as my pit crew changed my tyres again! Eventually twigged it was a drive-thru and took it. Now 2 laps down - I crashed again lol and this time the damage would have taken a minute so I quit out and sat back and watched the rest of you. Very good to watch it was too!

WD Ben and thanks to everyone who turned out - was tremendous fun.

It was a Ryan setup that firmly put me in the picture for some front running :good:,a neat launch let me sneak it past Ryan and latch on to Ben for some lovely laps,my little spin that dropped me back some 4secs also caused a bit of damage,but still glad to be running with so little lost :),then ahead i see Ben off at the most unlikely of places so i get given the lead...my lost cause is well and truly back on track,Ben was able to stick to me like glue and decided to get my 4 tyres done around lap 23 or so?.
I thought i nailed pit entry good,and the stop went perfect as well,but when i left the pits i was informed of a pit speeding drive thru penalty :(,done 2 laps then went in for the penalty,clipped the grass a tiny bit on the way in and arrived sideways and mashed off the end of the pitwall,seeing someone else trying to do their stop was enough for me to esc,and when i looked how and where i ended up stopped,i dont even think i could have got out of there any other way,maybe a 12 point turn or something? :p.
Highly enjoyable 25 laps worth of excellent very clean racing fun,a good shop window to sell the idea of a league with this brilliant mod :good:.

Thank You Ryan & RD

Fantasic!! Best race ive every had on rfactor (in terms of fun and position)

great Quali to get 4th, off the line dropped to 5th then spun at hairpin a couple of laps later and down to 9th, eventually back up to 3rd and battling to get 2nd but tires just went off or I lost my groove, something happened anyway and I ended up doing quite a lot of 59's and 1:00's. Ran wide into 3rd corner so gave away another 2 places :( but happy with 5th becasue it was such a fun night.

Video of my race, sacraficed quality for youtube upload time :p
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe0YNg1-yn0[/ame]
Dan.

Well I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed that race.

I'd briefly tried them during the weekend and couldn't get to grips with the cars. B4 joining last night I went through all the recommended settings and ini changes and when I hit the track it felt instantly better. Tweeked the short track setup to my liking and was into the mid 57's by the end of practice with TC off.

Qual: Ran qual again with TC off and set a time good enough for 6th. Very happy with that.

Warmup: Tried TC on low as I wasn't convinced I'd be able to do a whole race and remember to be careful enough with it. It didn't slow me down and made me feel a little more secure out of a couple of turns so decided to stick with that for the race.

Race: Well made agood start into 4th. Stayed in sight of the front 3 and kept a constant gap to the cars behind. Found myself ahead of Ryan when he spun out of the last turn. Later did the same myself and dropped to 5th. Back to 4th again as the guy in front (I think it was Mark) spun and again ahead of Ryan when he spun. Ryan closed and though I tried to make a fight of it he was clearly quicker. Then my race took a bad turn. Came into pit planning to take left side tyres. I've really ever done pitstops in rFactor as I rarely do races because of the poor Ai. I'm not sure if the stop was done correctly as I was there for quite some time and nothing was going on. Though the tyres did get replaced as they were 100%, but I'm used to Race Series and I'll have to practice them. Pushed hard to catch up and made a silly mistake and spun. Then pushing again I forgot T1 and ended up stuck in T3 gravel trap which took ages to get out of. So finished last, but the first 23 laps were much better than I'd expected and I was enjoying the car right to the end.

Thanks RD and to Ryan for his excellent guides to getting the game setup right for these super tintops:good:.

Can't wait to do this again:)

Guys i watched the replay and i saw alot of people repeatedly flashing their lights to cars in front of them. It's oke to say sorry and flash your lights ones but not more. Their where alot of cars that came behind some backmarkers and starting flashing heavily and sometimes they don't even where lapping a car! So please don't do that because it's very distracting for the car in front and other cars on the track. :)

Overall it's was very clean racing even in the opening laps. :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back