1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

V8 Supercars @ Pukekohe - Mon November 30th 2009

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ryan Callan, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V8 Supercars @ Pukekohe - Monday 30th November 2009 - 20:00GMT

[​IMG]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM V8SC
    Mod: V8Factor (inc 2009 skins)

Track: Pukekohe Park
    Event start: 20:00 GMT
    Practice: 30 minutes
    Qualification: 15 minutes
    Race: 40 laps (mandatory pitstop, at least 2 tyres must be changed)
    Traction Control: Allowed
    Notes:
    1. Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. RealFeel FFB PlugIn: Download - Information
    Recommended settings:
    [V8 Supercar]
    MaxForceAtSteeringRack=1500.000000
    SteeringDamper=2500.000000
    FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
    SmoothingLevel=1

3. About the mod - this is a wonderfully authentic effort. The cars need maximum respect with nigh on 500hp but they are incredibly satisfying to drive. Traction control will be allowed, but you will be faster without if you can. This track is less than a minute long, hence the number of laps.

4. VZ (Holden) VIRTUAL MIRROR: For those who find the VZ (Holden) virtual mirror too high there is an alternative mirror file which is set lower. To use it simply go to Gamedata\Vehicles\V8Factor and rename the file "VZ_VMIRROR.low" to "VZ_VMIRROR.gmt". Rename it back again to turn it off.

Any questions at all will be dealt with as promptly as possible by either myself or Ivo Simons, so do not hesitate to ask. If you come across a mod and/or track that you like or think would be perfect for the Racing Club just drop me or Ivo a PM.

2. Entry List:

1. Ryan Callan
    2. Tomas Cagas
    3. Mark Birney
    4. Gary Lennon
    5. Stefan Beemsterboer
    6. Martin Bulgin
    7. Philip Antonia
    8. Lee Ross
    9. Neil Gault
    10. Adam Shaw
    11. Toni Talvitie
    12. Ivo Simons
    13. Mark A Warmington
    14. Daniel Higgins
    15. David Thompson
    24. Ben Buitendijk
    25. Will Roberts

3. I'm in, Pukekohe is a great track to race.

4. Monday is Arca night for me ,shame i love this track and car :)

5. count me in

6. This looks awesome guys... but 20:00GMT on a weekday? I simply can't do it. :( I wish there were more Aussie rF players on here... :weep:

7. And:

We'll try not to replicate this eh?

8. And whys that :p

9. I want in on this new development.

10. Grabbed these lastnight and had a little whirl around Oran Park offline then an online practice session at Wanaroo,first impressions are the cars looks simply stunning!!,very high high quality work,Beautiful!.
    To drive they sort of reminded me of slightly more refined feeling Andy Rouse RS500's from TCL,these also have that tendancy to "take over the driving" on you,just like the TCL beasts do,so bags of right foot based respect is needed,they have a nice "alive" feeling on the suspension and overall a good fizziks feel to them :good:.
    I'll sign up now please Ryo m8 and check any double bookings later :p.

11. They're good aren't they? :D

12. why are you using 2006 cars with 2009 skins? there is a 2009 mod out that doesn't drive like on ice which runs the FG and VE models also... V8Factor was good till they stuffed it with patch v1.2...

checkout www.fvrfactor.com

13. I tried both mods and V8Factor had a much, much better feel than the FVR mod. V8Factor is much more polished and much more realistic, it just feels so much more professional. I know you have ties to FVR but from a completely unbiased point of view ORSM's effort is much better. And to the average person the VE and FG are barely discernible from the VZ and whichever Falcon 2006 had.

A 500hp touring car should be difficult to drive, hence why you say it is like 'driving on ice'.

14. sign me up too,pls

15. I'm new here but I'd really like in at this as well

16. For anyone who is in the blue, Rhys told me how to pronounce it:
    Poo-Keh-Co-Ee

not

Puke-Coke

17. Well I have been misreading it for years thinking it was spelled Pukehoe... which I pronounced P-ew-ko

Welcom then :) I'm new too, race a few races, try the clios, they are boatloads of fun and very easy to drive, they are also very short races, 10 laps approximatley, 2 races per event. just make sure to know the exact number of laps ahead of time, I was off a few laps in my first race in them, wound up almost without fuel with like 2 to go, it sure made me feel stupid. Thinkin it was 10 laps not the 13 it actually was.

Also though, I think it'll be hit or miss me racing this, I have school that gets out 1905 GMT and then I have HW. Its thanksgiving and I get out early this wednesday so I'm good for that race but no this one because I am back to 7 1/2 hours Monday.

18. Been driving a bit against the AI, boy these are a handful. When you get the hang of them, they are amazing. The times are always within 2 tenths!

The only gripe I have is the very basic looking cockpit. But who gives a rat's ass.

19. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Had to be same day as ARCA Road Course Race sigh.

20. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin
    Premium Member

I am free on Mondays again so sign me up plz Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.