V8 Supercars @ Pukekohe - Monday 30th November 2009 - 20:00GMT

v8flyercopy.jpg

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM V8SC
Mod: V8Factor (inc 2009 skins)

Track: Pukekohe Park
Event start: 20:00 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes
Qualification: 15 minutes
Race: 40 laps (mandatory pitstop, at least 2 tyres must be changed)
Traction Control: Allowed
Notes:
1. Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. RealFeel FFB PlugIn: Download - Information
Recommended settings:
[V8 Supercar]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=1500.000000
SteeringDamper=2500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
SmoothingLevel=1

3. About the mod - this is a wonderfully authentic effort. The cars need maximum respect with nigh on 500hp but they are incredibly satisfying to drive. Traction control will be allowed, but you will be faster without if you can. This track is less than a minute long, hence the number of laps.

4. VZ (Holden) VIRTUAL MIRROR: For those who find the VZ (Holden) virtual mirror too high there is an alternative mirror file which is set lower. To use it simply go to Gamedata\Vehicles\V8Factor and rename the file "VZ_VMIRROR.low" to "VZ_VMIRROR.gmt". Rename it back again to turn it off.

Any questions at all will be dealt with as promptly as possible by either myself or Ivo Simons, so do not hesitate to ask. If you come across a mod and/or track that you like or think would be perfect for the Racing Club just drop me or Ivo a PM.

Entry List:

1. Ryan Callan
2. Tomas Cagas
3. Mark Birney
4. Gary Lennon
5. Stefan Beemsterboer
6. Martin Bulgin
7. Philip Antonia
8. Lee Ross
9. Neil Gault
10. Adam Shaw
11. Toni Talvitie
12. Ivo Simons
13. Mark A Warmington
14. Daniel Higgins
15. David Thompson
24. Ben Buitendijk
25. Will Roberts

Grabbed these lastnight and had a little whirl around Oran Park offline then an online practice session at Wanaroo,first impressions are the cars looks simply stunning!!,very high high quality work,Beautiful!.
To drive they sort of reminded me of slightly more refined feeling Andy Rouse RS500's from TCL,these also have that tendancy to "take over the driving" on you,just like the TCL beasts do,so bags of right foot based respect is needed,they have a nice "alive" feeling on the suspension and overall a good fizziks feel to them :good:.
I'll sign up now please Ryo m8 and check any double bookings later :p.

I tried both mods and V8Factor had a much, much better feel than the FVR mod. V8Factor is much more polished and much more realistic, it just feels so much more professional. I know you have ties to FVR but from a completely unbiased point of view ORSM's effort is much better. And to the average person the VE and FG are barely discernible from the VZ and whichever Falcon 2006 had.

A 500hp touring car should be difficult to drive, hence why you say it is like 'driving on ice'.

Well I have been misreading it for years thinking it was spelled Pukehoe... which I pronounced P-ew-ko

I'm new here but I'd really like in at this as well

Welcom then :) I'm new too, race a few races, try the clios, they are boatloads of fun and very easy to drive, they are also very short races, 10 laps approximatley, 2 races per event. just make sure to know the exact number of laps ahead of time, I was off a few laps in my first race in them, wound up almost without fuel with like 2 to go, it sure made me feel stupid. Thinkin it was 10 laps not the 13 it actually was.

Also though, I think it'll be hit or miss me racing this, I have school that gets out 1905 GMT and then I have HW. Its thanksgiving and I get out early this wednesday so I'm good for that race but no this one because I am back to 7 1/2 hours Monday.

Been driving a bit against the AI, boy these are a handful. When you get the hang of them, they are amazing. The times are always within 2 tenths!

The only gripe I have is the very basic looking cockpit. But who gives a rat's ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%