URD PX opinions

I'm sorry for opening another thread if there's an existing one. I have searched for one, but have found none.

Anyway, I'd like to hear your opinions on the "new" URD PX LMP mod. How realistic do you think it is, how does it drive, is it worth buying... Any information is useful. :)

So I shouldnt buy this mod right now?

You may buy it, but be aware the currently downloadable version (0.7a) contains no Fonts files so LCD display as well as REV gauge will not be visible. Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro will also have only one livery (#7), it had 4 selectable liveries previously(#1, 7, 8, 9).

I just bought the PX mod for AC (double dipping with rF2) and I'm not seeing a preview for the cars in the car selection screen. Is this normal?

Yes it is normal, previews are not available yet, they are blank now.

P. S. I have 0.7 version archive (with working LCD display and REV counter) and may upload and share it here if admins will allow this.

Okay, since the version 0.7 is already obsolete, here is the complete package upload:

<snip> Link removed

Place "Cars" folders into Content/Cars and two files from "Fonts" to Content/Fonts. You will get working LCD, REV and KERS gauge as well as get four liveries selection for Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro. Don't forget to remove all files from 0.7a package prior to rolling back.

P. S. I am doing this because URD guys released a not working update and went away. After some time link will be deleted, everybody who like the mod please purchase the full time subscription on URD website.

Mod edit - link removed. Because they have gone on holiday, doesn't mean that their commercial mods can be freely distributed, whatever the version.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome. Steering wheel LCD, REV and KERS gauges work because 0.7 version has proper Font files corresponding to the car models.

What they were trying to update with 0.7a version (which actually spoiled everything) is a mystery, they did not include the fonts, they switched off the livery selection menu.

In general I would recommend everyone to keep earlier versions of the mod in archive to prevent such occasions in future.

Well first impressions was not very good. Mainly because of the dead zone in the FFB in the middle and the rattling that AC suffered from in previous versions. It's very bad in this car, but perhaps there is a fix for it?
But.. apart from the FFB problem, trying to imagine it without it the PX1 Aura is quite interesting.
The view from inside the car, although perhaps very realistic, I cant say I appreciate the feeling of sitting in a space craft with just a small window of limited view. But thats a personal preference only.

Are the other mods of similar FFB?

The view from inside the car, although perhaps very realistic, I cant say I appreciate the feeling of sitting in a space craft with just a small window of limited view. But thats a personal preference only.

Have you tried adjusting the cockpit view through the Driver's View application (from the Apps bar)? Closing camera to the steering wheel and rising it until you see the front of the hood really helps.

As concerning FFB you should remember that real life Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro has more downforce than F1 cars (Alonso said this on current Le Mans), so basically it will be glued to the track all the time and pull enormous side G forces, most FFB you will feel on last Nordschleife straight (before the pits), hitting kerbs and going through concrete chicanes.

I am afraid there are no other decent Le Mans prototype addons available.

As concerning FFB you should remember that real life Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro has more downforce than F1 cars (Alonso said this on current Le Mans), so basically it will be glued to the track all the time and pull enormous side G forces, most FFB you will feel on last Nordschleife straight (before the pits), hitting kerbs and going through concrete chicanes.

These cars are technically super impressive but they do weigh quite a bit more than F1 cars (870kg vs. 600kg) so the corner speeds are lower. Hamilton's pole time today at Spa was 1:47.1 vs. 1:55.1 for the Porsche LMP1 in WEC earlier in the year.

If you have your FOV set too wide that can also make the windscreen seem smaller as well.

Have you tried adjusting the cockpit view through the Driver's View application (from the Apps bar)? Closing camera to the steering wheel and rising it until you see the front of the hood really helps.

I am afraid there are no other decent Le Mans prototype addons available.

can you please help me get back to the 007 version stanny link is removed otherwise send me pm

I know people are trying to help each other but it's not cool to supply links to a paid for mod irrespctive of who is asking for it.

You can sign into your Sellfy account to download the mod again or e-mail URD and get the link to your Sellfy download for version 007.

Just been able to try the new update today. Here are my impresions:
The driving once again is fantastic. The car feel exactly like the real one I watched live last year. Bouncy, yet super fast on corners, amazing acceleration.
Now the performance balance is right. The non hybrid LMPs aren't lapping faster than real life hybrids.
It has a poor EDL system. Which in my opinion is the only flaw of this mod. The cars seem way too loose at the rear with this activated. At least if you don't coast it isn't activated.

Last edited:

But I'm not talking about a stiff feeling. I'm talking about the flaws AC had before which I feel in this. It isnt something that is simulated and supposed to be. It is a deadzone which makes the FFB when it comes on clunky, and destroys all finer detail of the FFB. And a rattling of the wheel, shaking like hell in the center, which is really unrealistic. I cant tell you exactly what makes this error but it's the same as with many cars in AC before.
Kunos seems to have gotten rid of this problem in all original cars now, but I still feel it in some mods and also this mod.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.1%