URD PX opinions

I'm sorry for opening another thread if there's an existing one. I have searched for one, but have found none.

Anyway, I'd like to hear your opinions on the "new" URD PX LMP mod. How realistic do you think it is, how does it drive, is it worth buying... Any information is useful. :)

I have it for rF2, not for AC (but I'd imagine they're relatively close). They drive pretty well at least IMO. I'd wait for a few more models though, as it's pretty sparse for now. I don't regret the purchase, but I wish I'd waited a bit before buying.

My impressions on AC.

The mod is simply amazing for me, it shows how fast the LMPS are today. It is pretty early to say, but I think the Rebellion is way too fast, running at the same pace as the pole-sitting Porsche this year. And it has more grip than I think it should have, probably causing the rolling issues (easily fixable in setup).
Anyway it looks like it's going to be an amazing prototype interpretation in the virtual racing world. And it has amazing potental for virtual WEC races.

Could you please elaborate?
When you do some turns at reasonable speed the car tends to roll to the outside, almost flipping over. But I think that is related to the stupid lateral g-forces this car can produce. Also you can see when the real life cars are turning they almost reach the point of rolling, so I think that a fine suspension setting is essential in these cars.

When you do some turns at reasonable speed the car tends to roll to the outside, almost flipping over. But I think that is related to the stupid lateral g-forces this car can produce. Also you can see when the real life cars are turning they almost reach the point of rolling, so I think that a fine suspension setting is essential in these cars.

Hi Matheus...shouldn't the car produce enough downforce that it shouldn't roll that much. I feel sure that Ales and his staff will produce a realistic solution as the process evolves over time.

Hi Matheus...shouldn't the car produce enough downforce that it shouldn't roll that much. I feel sure that Ales and his staff will produce a realistic solution as the process evolves over time.
Yeah, haven't tried the new update beacuse I'm very sick at the moment, but it should be fixed right now. But I managed to fix it before with the damper settings. My only real complaint is the crazy laptimes I was able to do with the first version, 1:56 at spa with medium tires, almost the same pace of the leading hybrid LMPs.

uuuf, LMP1-H. This will be quite a challenge even for URD. The hybrid systems themselves are incredibly complex, but that is nothing compared to the electronics in these cars. They have really advanced assists, afaik. They also have sophisticated active suspensions. It's like flying one of those new generation jet fighters. Without the computers they'd just fall out of the sky. hahaha, I'm really looking forward to seeing how URD tackle this! I've no doubt they'll do an excelent job, as always. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back