Union Island

Tracks Union Island 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content

Ben O'Bro

Premium
Ben O'Bro submitted a new resource:

Union Island - Paradise island with 30+ km of roads

Union Island is one (of 32) island of St Vincent & the Grenadines. Located in the Caribbean sea, it has a population of around 3000 habitants. The summit reaches 999 ft (304m). It's a paradise for wind surfing. Driving? not so much...

I took a lot of liberties on redoing the island. It is to scale, but the real roads are very limited and all made of concrete. The West only has small path, whereas i made perfectly raceable roads all around.
Please note it is not a racetrack, and you...

Read more about this resource...

giphy.gif

If this minor ui detail helps in any way, by using "Saint Vincent(...)" instead of "St. Vincent(...)" CM will be able to show the country flag thumbnail.
Probably CM will only recognize the long country strings on AcTools Content Manager\Data\Miscellaneous\CountryIds.json to match with its flags folder.
1631699967135.png

Anyway, amazing work on vegetation up to very long distances, and for making the grassfx pop up pretty disguised on most places due to the 2d vegetation density. Thank you!

Spent some time on the island...
Great food at the Snack Shack with nice music CHECK!
Lighthouse at night CHECK!
Ads for LAC and various Fat Alfie tracks CHECK!

I'm curious what I'll find next :)

Still in awe!

So I thought at first 'I take it easy, just cruisin around in Pessios Mini, and get to know all the Roads'. And just as I reached the Airfield, suddenly a Plane approached me!:laugh: I really didn't expect that and nearly drove off straight into the Sea.

Have you ever thought about the Idea of having a short timed Hillclimb Layout up to that old Fort? Similar how LAC has the Mount Wilson Hillclimb- I think that would be really cool.

If this minor ui detail helps in any way, by using "Saint Vincent(...)" instead of "St. Vincent(...)" CM will be able to show the country flag thumbnail.
Probably CM will only recognize the long country strings on AcTools Content Manager\Data\Miscellaneous\CountryIds.json to match with its flags folder.
View attachment 503202
thanks dude!
I couldn't find the flag indeed, and thought, who else will ever make a track there anyways...
glad to know it exists, i'll edit for next update
Since you're a CSP guru by now, don't hesitate to tell me if you see rubishness in my config file :)

Pourrais tu donner la référence du mod de la ferrari et de la porsche dans ta video ?
I dont' have those cars either. They look cool as ripped car do. I don't know how they drive though.
IMO we have perfect ones with the NFS cars here in RD ;)

Spent some time on the island...
Great food at the Snack Shack with nice music CHECK!
Lighthouse at night CHECK!
Ads for LAC and various Fat Alfie tracks CHECK!

I'm curious what I'll find next :)
Ehe, no easter eggs yet.. i'll be working on it ;)

Have you ever thought about the Idea of having a short timed Hillclimb Layout up to that old Fort? Similar how LAC has the Mount Wilson Hillclimb- I think that would be really cool.
I guess there's many possibilities for timed layout
The fort is a bit short ! But could start somewhere further.
Each new layout means AI line recording, road boundary, and camera work... hence the only 2 timed layout at the moment :)

---

On another note, thanks everyone for the positive response to the mod, it's really nice to see!
And super glad to discover new videos on youtube :D

And thanks a lot to the people who donated. I can't seem to reply through paypal, which is a shame. But know i appreciate the gesture however the amount ! Thanks guys :inlove:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.