Resource icon

Misc Ultimate Cockpit Movement 1.6.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
Whoooa holy ****, I just tried it. The shaking all the time is tremendous. It's really really tough and challenging for me to keep track of the braking points. Man, that's something unique, really awesome.
What bothers me in that cam is, the faster you drive, the nearer the cam gets to the steering wheel (so I can't see the mirrors good), shouldn't it be opposite?

Problem solved with latest update.
I completely redone that camera and it still lifts but the camera moves away to compensate and not using the fov change setting so the track apex wont be a distorted distance.

Yep, a short test showed fine results. Now the distance between screen and steering wheel gets bigger when increasing speed, that's how it should be, shaking is great as well. Nicely done, thanks for your hard work.

*shrug* am only racing Sepang atm which is a flat race, Melbourne for example has much more movements, need to test it later
After all it's also a personal preference, I can't tell about it being real or not, haha

he he :) no same here I can only guess at that.
that cam cant be used as cockpit you know because that chase camera prefix dissolves the texture if you get to close like it has a 500mm bubble around it.
Ive been trying to figure how to stop that but without much luck so ive just been working around it.

*yeeks* more confusing updates, I'll wait for the "final" version, I have to edit each cameral file after download as well, to replace the two replay_drv_rearSide cams ... :D

*yeeks* more confusing updates, I'll wait for the "final" version, I have to edit each cameral file after download as well, to replace the two replay_drv_rearSide cams ... :D

yeah sorry :(
I only just realised , dam pain in the ass the chase view is to edit.
paste what you add I will add it to this save you having to do it all the time then

Well, it's an instruction from an other cam mod here
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/cockpit-view-in-pitstop-version-2.61427/
it's not available anymore but in it's readme is written:
# Use of this mod
====================
Other modders, feel free to adapt this to your own needs,
there is not much here, except the finding, how the animation
actually works. I don't need personal thanks, I just solved
something which was annoying to me and wanted to share the
results.
So you could add it, so to follow
# Full cockpit view
---------------------------------------
To enable a cockpit for the whole duration of pitstop,
the files \cars\<team>\cameras.xml beed to be
modified as follow.
  1. copy contents of the head-cam camera
  2. paste it under:
    • replay_drv_rearSide1
    • replay_drv_rearSide2
    • chase_close

3. Change the type of these to be type="Head"
Well, in his thread someone stated it would lead to CTD during replay when a pitstop is shown. I never bothered as I don't watch replays anyway :D

Of course, as your mod has no chase_close I don't paste it in ;)

Edit: Tested it, didn't CTD during the replay when entering the box, doing the stop and exiting.
Well I don't know if these cameras work without the changed GarageCar_seq.xml and each track's replay_camera_config.xml :D

Last edited by a moderator:
@ kelaroost: I have your camera mod combined with the Simple OSD mod from Ryder25, for me, is interested, I could send you to change this Share on

kelaroostultimatecockpi.png

well I would need his consent before adding that to mine but feel free to edit how you please.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 11 31.4%