Tyre wear mod: more strategies for 25% and 50% races (2 stops possible)

Misc Tyre wear mod: more strategies for 25% and 50% races (2 stops possible) 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, so I use the 25% mod in Mexico, although the tyre wear did increase, every driver only did 1 stop even though they were on soft -> medium. Is it because of the track or did miss something??

I really want every driver to pull 2 stops lol

Hi, so I use the 25% mod in Mexico, although the tyre wear did increase, every driver only did 1 stop even though they were on soft -> medium. Is it because of the track or did miss something??

I really want every driver to pull 2 stops lol
For 2 stoppers on 25%, you need even more tyre degradation. This is a sweet spot for 2 good 1 stop choices instead of 1 clear best strategy and the AI all going for the same. However, there are some tracks that are different. If you copied the files over your original files, and your PC/laptop asked you to overwrite already existing files, then you implemented the mod correctly.

You can increase the TyreWearFactor yourself, or if you do not have the knowledge to do so, I can create a version. However. that would need to be tested, because I can only make a guess what a good wear rate would be for that.

Last edited:
For 2 stoppers on 25%, you need even more tyre degradation. This is a sweet spot for 2 good 1 stop choices instead of 1 clear best strategy and the AI all going for the same. However, there are some tracks that are different. If you copied the files over your original files, and your PC/laptop asked you to overwrite already existing files, then you implemented the mod correctly.

You can increase the TyreWearFactor yourself, or if you do not have the knowledge to do so, I can create a version. However. that would need to be tested, because I can only make a guess what a good wear rate would be for that.
yeah so I finished the rest of the season and it seems like AI only did 1 stop, and since i'm using a controller i think i did a pretty good damage on the tyres according to the tyre management practice, though i still able to finish every race with no problem (around 75% to 80% wear on hards in 3 races i think).

I'm down to test it out ;)

Tythor Zeth updated Tyre wear mod: more strategies for 25% and 50% races (2 stops possible) 1.5 with a new update entry:

Updated for patch 1.08, merged 25% and 50% in 1 mod thread, removed R&D upgrade block

I updated the mod for patch 1.08 and I removed the blockade of R&D tyre wear upgrades, so there are more strategies on the field.

I also fixed a complicated bug that caused the car to have much less grip in corners.

This mod includes both the 25% and 50% races, so we can continue in this thread and disregard the other one.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, I am little bit struggling. I am using your mode for 50% races. And for example in Austria is projected one stop strategy and most of AI using this one stop. But for me based on data from practise I should use two stops and when I use it I am ending in the end off the grid. So I try to use one stop too. And there is problem when I am in the end of stints. My tyre are on approx 80% and I am really struggling meanwhile Ai looks OK without some big troubles. Do you have some idea to tune this? :)

Hi, I am little bit struggling. I am using your mode for 50% races. And for example in Austria is projected one stop strategy and most of AI using this one stop. But for me based on data from practise I should use two stops and when I use it I am ending in the end off the grid. So I try to use one stop too. And there is problem when I am in the end of stints. My tyre are on approx 80% and I am really struggling meanwhile Ai looks OK without some big troubles. Do you have some idea to tune this? :)
The reason for that is that your drive style is too hard on your tyres, causing you to wear the tyres off quicker than the AI.

First of all, don't go too deep into corners, because you will destroy your tyres by doing so. You have to make up the turning by scraping off the rubber excessively. Secondly, take this motto with you for corners: slow in, fast out. Don't drive too aggressively. I have the same problem by the way. Driving without the anti-lock breaking (ABS) assist correctly will save your tyres.

If you don't care, I can give you an adjusted tyrecompounds.erp file that reduces the increased heat of your tyres by steering too hard/much (but not the same as before, because that would be really cheating, gotta learn how to drive correctly eh :))

Edit: ABS off because trail braking is much easier on the tyres.

Last edited:
The reason for that is that your drive style is too hard on your tyres, causing you to wear the tyres off quicker than the AI.

First of all, don't go too deep into corners, because you will destroy your tyres by doing so. You have to make up the turning by scraping off the rubber excessively. Secondly, take this motto with you for corners: slow in, fast out. Don't drive too aggressively. I have the same problem by the way. Driving without the anti-lock breaking (ABS) assist correctly will save your tyres.

If you don't care, I can give you an adjusted tyrecompounds.erp file that reduces the increased heat of your tyres by steering too hard/much (but not the same as before, because that would be really cheating, gotta learn how to drive correctly eh :))

Edit: ABS off because trail braking is much easier on the tyres.
Yea I know, my racing style is not perfect :) I dont use ABS, so I try get better, I dont want cheat :):) And what about set minpuncture back to 0.75? Force it Ai to do two stops too?

Last edited:
You guys make me work a lot :roflmao:
I will make the mod and send you a download link.
Ok, this was sick! I created new career mode - Bahrain 50% race - your tyre mode only increased tyre wear 1.3, min puncture on default 0.75, TyreSwap CheatTable script. Someone 1 stop, lot of 2 stops, someone 3 stops (including one SC). So this was sweetspot for me ;) Thanks for great job. It is possible to have this settings of your mode in next updates?

Snímek obrazovky 2022-08-12 230553.png

Last edited:
Ok, this was sick! I created new career mode - Bahrain 50% race - your tyre mode only increased tyre wear 1.3, min puncture on default 0.75, TyreSwap CheatTable script. Someone 1 stop, lot of 2 stops, someone 3 stops (including one SC). So this was sweetspot for me ;) Thanks for great job. It is possible to have this settings of your mode in next updates?

View attachment 591121

I WANT THIS
I sent you a DM and I will update the mod tomorrow to include this version.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 30 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 9 2.5%