Tyre texture changing in pits

Kyle Puttifer

@Simberia
In F1WCP 2009/2010 you can change your tyres in the pits (as in all mods) but it also changes the texture of the tyre according to the compound. For example, option tyres have the well-known green stripe, and this is changed in a pitstop if you were on hard tyres.

Is it possible to replicate this in RFT 2010? I prefer the RFT 2010 mod to WCP 2010, so this would be a cool feature to have.

Look at the wcp files and copy the layout so it is the same. it might take time and a little playing about to get it right but you will get there. And remember to make a backup before you change any files also remember that you will get online mismatch so keep the old files so if you go online it will work fine.

I didnt think this was possible in rFactor, but doesnt mean it isnt. Ive seen Race 07's cars do this but that may be something Simbin added.
Sounds very interesting though, I'll see if I can get it to work in V8Factor.

I emailed the Team manager asking about how its done, but they replied saying they dont want to share how they did it.

Upon having a look at the textures and materials in 3dsimed, it looks like they have use the "tread" material name, and used 05BRDG(00-05).bmp's as a texture animation. I suspect BRDG is short for Bridgestone, so no special names for the textures there. I havent got it to work in V8Factor yet, but I'll keep trying.

I emailed the Team manager asking about how its done, but they replied saying they dont want to share how they did it.

How disappointing is this! This is just like ISI developing something and refuses to use it because they don't want to share it. We're all busy waiting for rFactor 2 to come out but in reality it's already "here" The thing is we all have been apart of the development and testing team over the past 5 years that you haven't noticed it. There has been vast improvement in all aspects of rF1 over the past 5 years. Some we know and others we don't see. Better and more powerful home PC's have given the mod teams a more open and less restrictive field to build their mods and tracks. Physics development has gone from the basics of the original ISI format to now were people have gone outside the box to improve aero, Suspension, Tyres behaviour and many other things.

In many of these things if we all could pool together all this experience and knowledge into one mod and track we could just about make rF2 obsolete before it even gets released. So when we see a team develop something that would go that one step forward for all mod teams refuse to share their development work with other mod teams when asked is disappointing to say the least. After all it's all done for the community as a hole, Isn't it? That's the hole point in doing all that hard work, Hours of testing, Hours studying file structures and trying to see that one thing that "If I do this can I get this to work?" The biggest question every mod team asks itself every time they go to their PC to work on their mods.

Same Kevo, I looked at their files and even followed the same format but to no avail, I even cut the middle section of the tyre adding the additional name in the GMT as they did and the Event numbers they did, still no different.. I can't see anything anywhere else that would suggest a different compound (in this case DDS).

Radar.

This is really disappointing. I was going to use this in A1GP 2010 before I release it, but WCP will not help the community. Surely all F1 mods will be better with this script (2007 onwards) as you can see what tyres you are on, rather than working it out from how they perform.

I have spoken with Kyle about this and will share with everyone later this weekend. I have it working in the the FVR V8SC2011 and will pop our patch out this weekend which will include this option. I can't believe we were so close to it a few months back but just missed it by millimetres. Anyway I have a wedding to watch and some football.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back