Resource icon

Misc Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version [Modular Mods] 6.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
D

Deleted member 1031992

• Deleted member 1031992

Corbyy submitted a new resource:

Modular adaptation of Poubelle's "Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version" - Modular adaptation of Poubelle's "Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version"

Original mod: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...rs-improved-unified-version-patch-1-10.44545/

Noting that Poubelle had not connected since September 28th, I preferred to update the mod by myself and make it compatible with Modular Mods

Base files are required https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/modular-mods-2021-base-files-required.45857/

Read more about this resource...

• Deleted member 1031992

The mod works for the official cars but it doesn't work for the MyTeam car. I still have normal tyre wear but the AI have the modded version.
As long as you have the performance_myteam file in your _ACTIVE folder, it works

I checked the .erp and the line is <UpgradeWearFactor value = "1.4" /> on each so the tire wear is good

Check that the required base files are correctly installed https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/modular-mods-2021-base-files-required.45857/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I have been trying this mod for a couple of days mostly in 50% races. I don't know if I should ask @Poubelle instead, as he created the mod originally.

I like the concept of this mod and the tyre degradation factor, along with losing performance after the cliff. But maybe the pit stop strategies need to be taken care of concerning 50% races. In Bahrain, the suggested strategies after starting with the softs (full qualifiyng) was with 3 pits, if not 4: soft, medium, medium, hard, or even soft, medium, medium, soft, hard, which is the strategy most of the front runners used. So in my opinion the idea is good but I think that 4 stops are a bit too much, even for a track that eats your tyres like Bahrain is. Reducing the stops myself was never an option: I started with softs, pit after 4 laps and tried to equip the hards to try and go for a long stint to make it possible to save a stop, but even after a couple of laps more I had to pit as my hards reached all more than 80% wear.

I also like the idea of the bots getting in trouble after degrading their tyres when driving in dirty air, but so far no noticeable things happened, and I also tried to make the damage more sensitive myself.

I find it strange that in Poubelle's strategy screenshot a 100% in Bahrain was with 2 stops only, maybe it made sense with the tyre values of before patch 1.10? I compared all the files and values were a lot different also concerning lateral load and all the splines.

Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to work with tyre values, I am more into car performances so it isn't something I can fix myself...

Hi im using this mod, but I cant figure out how to add the custom liveries. I read your how to but I couldn't understand/do any of it. If someone could help that would be appriciteted

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.