TT Circuit Assen

Tracks TT Circuit Assen 0.8.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I would love to see that you guys could make the older layout of tt assen. The one of 2004.
Btw. I like your track.It's My favorite track. I dont understand why the f1 is not on TT assen but on Zandvoort. Its probably because of the history of Zandvoort and that motoGP drives on TT assen. But yeah. When i drive on this track with F1 cars you have some really good overtake oppertunities.

I would love to see that you guys could make the older layout of tt assen. The one of 2004.
Btw. I like your track.It's My favorite track. I dont understand why the f1 is not on TT assen but on Zandvoort. Its probably because of the history of Zandvoort and that motoGP drives on TT assen. But yeah. When i drive on this track with F1 cars you have some really good overtake oppertunities.
Thats because a member of the royal family does own Zandvoort.

Yesterday we did a race with a few pitstops here, there seems to be an invisible barrier:

"Its to the right of the first pit box
It's the hit box of the stairs
This is me doing a burn out on it."

unknown.png

Abolutly love this track! been one week nonstop racing now, both DTM and Datche Cup :D

Thanks NightEye87!

One think I miss however, and maybe its a bit silly, is the cones in the chicane.
they where a big part of the DTM race that was this weekend.

s.jpg
d.jpg

Those cones are very "series specific", whereas I've used the track's own stuff with the tyres and steel roundel thingy (on the autosport layout only ofcourse, as the motorsport layout is only used for MotoGP/WSBK/BSB).
I wanted to go for the pure trackday style and not race event style, but I broke my own agreement by doing the advertisements I guess :p I don't think I'll be adding those, because there's no end to this. With DTM specific stuff, I need ACNN stuff, I need Mazda cup stuff, etc.

Those cones are very "series specific", whereas I've used the track's own stuff with the tyres and steel roundel thingy (on the autosport layout only ofcourse, as the motorsport layout is only used for MotoGP/WSBK/BSB).
I wanted to go for the pure trackday style and not race event style, but I broke my own agreement by doing the advertisements I guess :p I don't think I'll be adding those, because there's no end to this. With DTM specific stuff, I need ACNN stuff, I need Mazda cup stuff, etc.
Isn't this possible via Extention? Like for example the fins on the RSS Formula Hybrid cars, or antennas on several GT3 cars(like Masterkeys Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO). That way it wouldn't be to hard to fix AND it's up to the user what to use. Also It is up to you what to make. I can totally understand you would only make extra features for big main events and not for lesser known events(like some are doing with the F1 track features). I would say those pillars look like a cool edition to the track, just to see how close you can get as fast as possible without hitting them.

Also, have you seen Racerooms version of Assen. Looks cool as well.

Raceroom's version of Assen is highly inaccurate. But it is fun though :)

It's always possible to "insert" models via the models.ini files. Online compatability might fail, though.
I think objects can be excluded via the ext_config.ini so you could in theory remove the current roundels and tyres and add those DTM cones.

Thanks for answering and considering it! I understand that there is no end to a such rabbit hole. :D

Again - Love the track and how well you made it!

Hello there,
I been running your track on some testing laps (and i'm really enjoying it) for a possible league and I found out that for some reason the north loop makes acs.exe eat around 11GB (out of 16GB) of my ram on a practice session, while autosport layout uses around 3GB, happened with both Kunos and mod cars. Dunno if that report helps in anything, but i thought i should let you know.

Hello there,
I been running your track on some testing laps (and i'm really enjoying it) for a possible league and I found out that for some reason the north loop makes acs.exe eat around 11GB (out of 16GB) of my ram on a practice session, while autosport layout uses around 3GB, happened with both Kunos and mod cars. Dunno if that report helps in anything, but i thought i should let you know.
does the North loop have a lot of movable pylons or something? I've seen that behavior of the AC.exe with tracks using too many physics objects.

Then I do hope the creator is not removing this moveable objects and let the choice to the users (lite/full version). Thats the fun in his track, its not like all those perfectly designed but empty and sterile tracks without spectators, you will find for downloading now a days. A bit of immersion is what an track from my (VR) POV makes a track good. Yep its pure personal and only from an VR perspective. As an sample drive around in VR on a track made by Fatalfie and feel/see what Im trying to write down as an nonEnglish speaker.

Edit: I noticed after rereading I was not clear here, FatAlfie, is my opinion THE guy who brings an track alive and full of immersive moments during a race. But you have that experience yourself.

Last edited:
Then I do hope the creator is not removing this moveable objects and let the choice to the users (lite/full version). Thats the fun in his track, its not like all those perfectly designed but empty and sterile tracks you will find for downloading now a days. A bit of immersion is what an track from my (VR) POV makes a track good. Yep its pure personal and only from an VR perspective. As an sample drive around in VR on a track made by Fatalfie and feel/see what Im trying to write down as an nonEnglish speaker.
I too find physics objects immersive. But I'm not sure if they are the problem. What I found bamboozling is that all other layouts play nice, taking from 2-4GB of ram. I don't know what happens with North loop that becomes this memory blackhole.

I too find physics objects immersive. But I'm not sure if they are the problem. What I found bamboozling is that all other layouts play nice, taking from 2-4GB of ram. I don't know what happens with North loop that becomes this memory blackhole.
The same issue happened with some rally track a few years ago, and for that one it was easy to replace all the movable objects as they were in their separate kn5. Replacing that file with a placeholder had the track go from over 10 GB of RAM to less than 2, and the kn5 itself was tiny. Its something connected to movable objects, a bug in the engine.

Hello there,
Thanks for reporting. It's weird, I've never had any issues. It could be the moveable objects but the autosport layout has almost as many moveable objects and works fine, you say.
Also, "back in the days", those things were really hard on a system because of the collision detection. But these use a very crude collision mesh underneath a higher detailed visual mesh, and I hadn't heard of performance issues before regarding them.
I even did a test once on the Junior Track with ~200 of these cones and all worked fine.

A quick test on my end:
34 grid MX5's on Autosport: 1.97 Gb RAM. ~42 fps. ~49% CPU.
34 grid MX5's on North: 2.00 Gb RAM. ~41 fps. ~49% CPU.

I know physical objects remain static untill touched. Maybe you knocked some over and it causes the RAM to fill up? So I did a test:
34 grid MX5's on North, but after knocking over every cone and tyre stack there is: 1.95 Gb RAM; same.

Could it perhaps be that you're driving in different weather conditions?
I tested it with Sol's clear skies, scattered clouds and snow; all the same.

It might be the cars? But if you're testing for a league, then I guess you tested with the same car.
I tested with M3 GT2: same results.
Type C mod: same.
Dodgy Saab 99 mod: same.

Amount of spectators? They are equal. And with that I mean they are scattered throughout the track as if it were the Autosport layout, with the exact same numbers (the lazyness of me, I know..).
LODs are the same, textures are the same, etc. The only real difference between the layouts are the names of the surfaces, the AI line and the 3% or so increase in moveable objects. I don't think any of those should triple the amount of RAM used.

Maybe some left-over CSP config files somewhere? I really can't think of anything else.. I wish I could help :(

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.