TS-PC and T-LCM vs Fantec F1 Bundle

I am planning to upgrade my T300RS GT set, the choice is between the TS-PC with T-LCMs and the Fanatec CSL elite F-1 bundle with loadcell.

The twist is I live in HK and Thrustmaster has retail here but Fanatec do not. I will have to pay USD750 for the Thrustmaster TSPC and T-LCM vs USD 1070 for the Fanatec F1 bundle with a forward shipping service.

However, with regards to warranty, Thrustmaster has warranty here in HK but I will probably have to ship the CSL elite to the US and back which will cost another USD200+ and wait god knows how long if something should go wrong.

I would like to go with the Fanatec, but with regards to warranty and reliability do you guys think it is worth it? Would I be taking a bit of a gamble if I went the Fanatec route.

Thanks so much.

U think it’s risky to grey import fanatec tho?
I only just purchased my first Fanatec component, so nearly no experience.
I mostly have warranty issues with dehumidifiers and guitar tuning machines,
so generally do not worry about grey import.
I guess Fanatec may be less reliable than Thrustmaster,
or perhaps Fanatec owners are on average more critical.

If HK costs work, Simagic wheel and T-LCMs would be my preference;
a belted wheelbase is unlikely to match even an economy direct drive for feedback detail,
even with matched average forces. I think a Simage even weighs less..

Upvote 0
I only just purchased my first Fanatec component, so nearly no experience.
I mostly have warranty issues with dehumidifiers and guitar tuning machines,
so generally do not worry about grey import.
I guess Fanatec may be less reliable than Thrustmaster,
or perhaps Fanatec owners are on average more critical.

If HK costs work, Simagic wheel and T-LCMs would be my preference;
a belted wheelbase is unlikely to match even an economy direct drive for feedback detail,
even with matched average forces. I think a Simage even weighs less..

I took your advice, got the simagic m10 and T-LCM's, setting them up right now.
The M10 causes a bit of up and down flex, but its o...k.... and it feels like it will topple over if I don't sit in it lol.
But it's alot better than my T300RS set.

IMG_6089 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With those weights I can at least open the hinge without sending the chair into a barrel roll, haha.

What profile are you referring to? I can't help you with the Simagic, as my DD is a sim-plicity. ;)

Nice - Which simplicity did you get?
I was looking at the 8nm small one, but didnt wanna pay for shipping - so I took a chance with simagic.
How is it?
You got any pics?

Upvote 0
Nice - Which simplicity did you get?
I was looking at the 8nm small one, but didnt wanna pay for shipping - so I took a chance with simagic.
How is it?
You got any pics?
Oh, apparently you did not click the link behind my "welcome to the club", heh? ;)
I have the small 8NM one and paid some 640 € when I preordered it a year ago.
As I already had a wheelrim and only needed a base, the M10 looked very promising, but nobody at Simagic or the retailers would answer my questions about the weight and the exact mounting hole pattern, resp. whether it would match the mounting patterns in the Playseat.

Then by chance I found out about Sim-plicity. They responded quickly to my questions, also their offer was about 200 € cheaper than the only european M10 source at that that time, and especially their product was available for preorder, which the M10 wasn't.

The delivery took some two weeks longer than expected (was due mid April, came early May) because meanwhile the pandemic had kicked in and apparently sim-plicity das been flooded with orders.

However, for me it was absolutely worth the wait, because I absolutely dig the base. It's appearance is not as polished as the M10, but the MiGE motor is smooth as butter and driving with it is so satisfying.
Last night I had an ACC race in Paul Ricard, and despite that *** track I absolutely enjoyed it, because it was raining and thanks to the wheel I felt so many details and saved the car so often from spins, the whole race I thought "THAT'S what I bought the DD wheel for!" :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea