Trulli out, Petrov in

He put that Toyota in places it should never have been in, truly remarkable over a lap when the car did what he wanted.

yeah Tulli was massive in his prime in Qualy format,but in race distance just couldnt seem to hold physically imo...Petrov is not a bad driver..as an overall package i think he is better than the Trulli we've been seeing at Caterham(imo again)

You havent even seen the real trulli at Caterham though.
Having problems with power steering is no fun at all since you cant feel what the car is doing.
Thus it becomes a problem when you set the car up.

He was so extatic with the new car and this is what happens.
Sad to be honest..

this is a brand new "can of worms" that we can open here...i mean he did have steering problems ,but why did Kovalainen not experience them?...and you can also ask the same question at Red Bull..how is it that Webber was easily matching SV pace in '10 yet failing miserably the next year..its just hard to know what really goes on inside each team and what their ultimate agenda is...maybe they were just setting up Trulli for this year's fall..i find it hard to believe they couldnt figure out how to fix the steering feeling all year and surely if that was the case than why get rid of him now when it has been fixed

article-2102509-11C787D7000005DC-673_468x314.jpg

Meanwhile, in Italy...

Jarno-Trulli-2012_2707160.jpg

Kovalainen's driving style is vastly different the Trulli's.
Again, it's been confirmed by the team, it's in the telemetry.

Why get rid of him now despite feeling good in the car? Petrov's money.

Reason for RBR issue was EBD, this year i think they will be more closely matched due to the ban of EBD.
Remember Silverstone? Webber was quicker then Sebastian..

It's been said that Webber could not adapt/extract all of the EBD.

It's been said that Webber could not adapt/extract all of the EBD.

i thought it was the tyres he couldnt adapt to;) ...in any case there are many different views on this and im sure we can speculate endlessly on it... i think the most important thing is: we dont know what the team OwnerS ultimate agenda is and therefore we can only guess all the different scenarios,but the actual truth will remain uncertain

there is a way around the telemetry: assemble the steering column backwards

Yes Petrov does bring money, he can drive too,he is hungry and most notably he is physically fitter than Trulli..and please dont get me wrong..im not against Trulli..he is very hard to dislike and will go down as a superb qualifier

What do you mean around the telemetry?

I think there is more supporting the EBD theory then tires considering what happened in Silverstone.
Same tires, same fuel, no EBD.
I think Vettel is the naturally quicker but it's not half a second or more like we have seen during the season.

Webber have had problems with start for a VERY long time, remember the race at Monaco with Sauber (if I am not wrong) were he was starting from top 5 (if I am not wrong) and then ended up being eaten by the grid.

Webber have had problems with start for a VERY long time, remember the race at Monaco with Sauber (if I am not wrong) were he was starting from top 5 (if I am not wrong) and then ended up being eaten by the grid.
Can´t say i remembered him ever doing this many bad starts in a year.. This year was extreme.

Funny note, overall qual gaps between Vettel and Webber.

0.050 seconds - 2010
0.414 seconds - 2011

even though the telemetry is showing genuine steering issues we dont know if they're actually trulli genuine.

and you have to look no further then Vettel's puncture at Abu to realize that the teams control everything nowadays...and that if they want you to struggle you will
You can´t fake issues with the car over a season. It doesn´t even make any sense.

So you are saying Red Bull punctured Vettel´s tire?

You can´t fake issues with the car over a season. It doesn´t even make any sense.

So you are saying Red Bull punctured Vettel´s tire?

but it also doesnt make sense to have so many great/smart people who couldnt figure out how to fix it...for the whole year they couldnt...that seems more illogical then the other

i think RB is the worst offender atm in how they handle their drivers..who wins, who doesnt etc...it's just so bluntly obvious,but yeah i honestly believe Mark was meant to win at Abu..of course thats just an opinion...and as the saying goes: if you dont succeed the first time try again..hehe

but it also doesnt make sense to have so many great/smart people who couldnt figure out how to fix it...for the whole year they couldnt...that seems more illogical then the other
I think it´s more sensible to think that there was something strange with the power steering and how it transmit the power steering versus Trulli faking something in every single corner, every single practice, every single qualifying, every single race.

It´s just not possible to do. Unless your a psychopath but i doubt Trulli with his wine-yard is :)

i think RB is the worst offender atm in how they handle their drivers..who wins, who doesnt etc...it's just so bluntly obvious,but yeah i honestly believe Mark was meant to win at Abu..of course thats just an opinion
Team orders are legal though. So it´s up to the team to decide what happens.

What would be your theory on how RBR blew the rear tire? They can´t tamper with the tire as it´s supplied by Pirelly.

And Webber started 4th then got overtaken by Alonso in T1. Surely it would be better to blow Vettel´s tire after T1 to see if Webber even had a chance to win it.
By keeping Vettel in the race it would actually help Webber in terms of points. With Vettel out, Hamilton, Alonso and Button got the most points. Vettel could have taken 25 of those points.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back