Track Designing Competition

Thanks @Jolero02 I liked the esses in the park as well!
Next up:
Bernie/Chase thinks Africa needs a Formula One street circuit that is not in South Africa. Go. By the way...try to place it in a country that might actually be able to pull this off. Dealine 1800 GMT 8 Nov.

Morocco is really the only other country that stands out, being not quite so unstable, poverty ridden or involved in civil wars. It's held a GP before and has WTCC and FE credibility too.

That said, Marrakech is a cop out, so I'll try somewhere else. A return to Ain-Diab.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6980339
The original circuit was a little over 7km, so wouldn't be allowed. I had to try and shorten it. A double right turn starts the lap, before a fast blast through the middle of the old track to a tight turn. This then tightens and narrows through a chicane to try and space them out for the narrow bit through houses. The cars rejoin the old backstraight and head towards a slightly tighter-than-original hairpin. A chicane at the end of the straight helps to show off the Morocco Mall, with the chicane designed to both slow the cars down, and for the best camera angle to also frame the mall. Back onto the coast, a chicane ends the lap, to try and break up the 2.5km flat out section, making two overtaking opportunities rather than just one.

Can it be semi street or does it have to be fully?
I will allow a few small purpose-built sections, but at it's core it must be a street circuit. Albert Park is a good example. MOST of the circuit is everyday roads, but some of the chicanes and the route through the parking lot are special features added for just the race.

Lots of cool entries, guys...I love it!
@Jimlaad43 A nice classical layout with enough kinks to make it interesting and test the car beyond just horsepower.
@kedy89 Another good classical layout with the big sweeping curves. I like how it resembles Spa in some bits.
@k_badam Looks like you borrowed some inspiration from Baku. I would like to have seen longer straights between corners, especially between KM 2 and 3.
@The_Laskinator A lot of corners packed into a very short circuit. Would test a car like Monaco does, but I think it's missing a nice fast section.
@Benutzername Very cool layout that might be more appropriate for a rally car!

In the end, though, this is going to @kedy89. It is mostly because it's a classical layout that utilized existing roads to the best extent possible.

Lots of cool entries, guys...I love it!
@Jimlaad43 A nice classical layout with enough kinks to make it interesting and test the car beyond just horsepower.
@kedy89 Another good classical layout with the big sweeping curves. I like how it resembles Spa in some bits.
@k_badam Looks like you borrowed some inspiration from Baku. I would like to have seen longer straights between corners, especially between KM 2 and 3.
@The_Laskinator A lot of corners packed into a very short circuit. Would test a car like Monaco does, but I think it's missing a nice fast section.
@Benutzername Very cool layout that might be more appropriate for a rally car!

In the end, though, this is going to @kedy89. It is mostly because it's a classical layout that utilized existing roads to the best extent possible.
U didn't mention mine- rip

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea