Track Designing Competition

And the results are in.......
I would say this is one of the hardest challenges I have had to judge as despite the constraints of my challenge you put forward very creative tracks that were all different in character and flow- containing overtakings spots and great corners aplenty.
Honourable Mentions:
@Nelson Ullinskey I understood the approach you took by restraining yourself to a stadium like layout and ended up producing a great circuit out of it with fun flowing corners creating a super circuit.
@Jimlaad43 I like the high speed run out of the stadium sector( where current sector 1 is up to the chicane/long left hander corner) even though I am generally not a fan of chicanes as this reminded me of the old hockenhiem as well as the esses section on the 6 mike mark.
But we have a winner:
@kedy89
A variety of corners that do not feel stop and start but allow drivers to overtake:thumbsup:
Keeping some of the old Hockenhiem( pre 2002) layout while somehow improving the chicanes:thumbsup:
Overtaking:thumbsup:
The removal of that godawful new Hockenhiem corner( T7-10):thumbsup:

Just to point out, we don't need to do Abu Dhabi anymore, I've completed it.
not sure if I agree with how u changed the first sector but after that( particularly the changes in sector 2) is some top quality design and thought- that literally sums up why this circuit does not work for racing. Also really tempted to set a challenge in the style of SouthPawRacer's ruining the track series:D:whistling:

Last edited:
not sure if I agree with how u changed the first sector
All I'm saying is don't knock it until you've tried it. If you have a game with Abu Dhabi on it, drive that extra section of corners and then comment again. I know that an rFactor mod had them included on the National circuit. Anyway, it's some fast corners that the circuit doesn't have anywhere else, so why not eh?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.