Cars Toyota Sera WIP

I politely inquired about stripping the interior of the GT and adding a roll cage, that was a no-go, so I think all other bets are off. We have so many more cars to do, time is better spent elsewhere. :)
Yeah that's a lot of work, basically modelling the interior from scratch, plus there is probably zero reference of a stripped out interior for a car like this.

Yeah that's a lot of work, basically modelling the interior from scratch, plus there is probably zero reference of a stripped out interior for a car like this.

There's an UK forum with a lot of reference for that matter, believe it or not, but yeah not going to spend that much time on a car I've already spent more than I was supposed to originally (the TRD and GT versions were added later, so 3 versions in total).

As far as racing goes, it makes very close times with the Audi TT Cup
Screenshot_a3dr_toyota_sera_gt_ks_black_cat_county_18-8-117-20-20-45.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_toyota_sera_gt_ks_black_cat_county_18-8-117-20-21-52.jpg

The car is fantastic, in all three variants. I love how you can play with lift-off oversteer and catch it again with pushing the throttle on the road cars. The rattling exhaust on the GT is awesome too.
Some things I noticed:
- The standard version is missing the shift animations.
- The sounds from the road cars seem a bit over the top, especially on the standard version.
- Not a bug, but the GT version could use a different steering wheel imho. Like a MOMO racing wheel or something.

Very impressed with the 3D model :)

Physics need tweaking. Initial comments on standard car. Too inclined to oversteer.

Gearing wrong.

Manual

1 3.166
2 1.904
3 1.310
4 0.969
5 0.725
R 3.250
FD 4.312

Auto
1 3.643
2 2.008
3 1.296
4 0.892
5 -
R 2.977
FD 2.962

Its apt that the car has been released. My wifes first every trackday is coming up and we're planning on using a standard manual Sera for it. So, Assetto Corsa will be used to give her a bit of a head start.

You're right, doublechecked my reference and it's for MY96, not 94. Already have those ratios saved in a backup file, so copy/paste and done. :thumbsup:

If you'd like a custom setup that matches your wife's car, PM me.

Gear ratios didn't change AFAIK. I think the power and torque curves are wrong as well. My brother who has some Assetto Corsa modding experience (he assisted with the RSR F3 cars mod) is currently playing with the files. I'll share back with you with details.

Old thread bump!

Joseph's Sera featured on Regular Car Reviews:

And I'm being quoted as an "Argentinean programmer who scanned this car" :roflmao: (and for some reason BeamNG is being mentioned but this car never got out of AC).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back