1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Cars Toyota Sera WIP

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by A3DR, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Early WIP, just started messing with it. Joseph Harmon (Bolt Vanderhuge on the official forums) will take care of the physics and all the techical stuff since he owns the real car, he's also supplying me with reference pic to make it as accurate as possible.
    We'll need a sound guy later on, so in the meantime if anyone's interested just drop me a line :)

For now it'll be all standard but I believe we'll include some TRD version with performance upgrades.

This is the car for those who aren't familiar with it:

[​IMG]

And here are a couple of wireframe shots of the progress so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still a bit messy and rough around the edges, but I'm focusing on getting all the parts done right now, then move on to detailing and smoothing out seams.

Check out more shots on my Flickr album:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/cbrider/albums/72157669802380316

• Like Like x 15
    • Love Love x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  2. This is the last thing i was expecting and im quite intrigued. Guess im gonna do some research on this now. Reminds of the mazda 323f actually but with fancy doors.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. This is news to me, in here we've only had the Paseo (also with a 1.5L DOHC). Looks like the son of a 323F to a Subaru SVX (glass top). Will follow closely, cool project!

• Like Like x 1
  4. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium Member

You sir have a very interesting taste in cars! Some people would say why bother. I say why not! Just need to make some smaller tracks for these guys.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Well I must admit I've developed a taste for small japanese cars over the last 10 years or so, but this was actually a sort of "commisioned" model, I was asked to do it and my thoughts were exactly that, "why not"? Having the real cal available makes the whole creative process even more interesting.

Don't worry, my next project will be something really popular, and also from the licensed brands :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. So cool.

7. ugly but intresting car :):thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. Oh my god thank you for bringing a Toyota to Assetto Corsa. Absolutely love it !

9. This car is in GT4, GT5 and GT6.

A tiny 1.5 engine with 90hp, but is great

10. [​IMG]

You are considering making an S1 version of this car. Yes?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium Member

That's either very, very wrong... or very, very right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. norbs

norbs
    Premium Member

Excellent. Can not wait to try it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. There will be an S1 version for sure. Maybe not THAT extreme but should be fun! hehe

Meanwhile in GT6...

14. Looks good.

I'd be interested in how you get a dense mesh with good surface smoothness.

Are you using sub-d methods, or smooth chunks of reference mesh, or building a nice flowing topology mesh and using tools to smooth the surface?

Cheers

Dave

15. Reminds me of a Mazda MX-3 and Nissan NX2000. Must be all "cousins", lol.

16. The key is to start simple, then smooth the main shape of the car, getting the basic proportions right, then start working the details and smoothing out panel seams.
    Something like building a sculpture if you will.

[​IMG]

Is just a basic low poly body, smoothed out with turbosmooth (in 3dsmax) and then collapsed to work on the polygon mesh again.

Yeah pretty much alike, to me is just the small brother of my own Toyota Previa :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. Not much visual work done but it's in game now, with the correct measures and wheelbase, so Joseph will be working on the physics in the meantime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. That was fast! And already looks so good.

19. Excellent work as allways bud, i ll try to find you the Toyota Sera we have near us, it might be the only one in a very very long range! Is allways good to see your meshes to learn some new tricks :)

• Like Like x 1