rF2 Touring Masters @ Vitus Club - Monday May 24th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Race one was all about the battle with Anders,on 2 occasions i attempted to join the "Undertray Club" but just failed,a pleasure to race with Anders once again in a zero contact style,me like :).

Race 2 started promising,but then went rapidly down hill resulting in a tap around at "that chicane" after getting a bit loosey sideways in the middle,which wasnt really unusual for me tbh,but always easily catchable,but the little nudge made it not possible this time and off i went slamming in to the wall with lovley speed,total banana shaped wrecked Cossie now to the end,time to park up all the other motors now i suppose and i will see you all at Round #1 :).

Cheers Ryo & RD

This track was not very nice with the Volvo. I haven't found some suitable gear settings. Either in some corners too short and in others too long - or vice versa. It was hard to go fast laptimes. But somehow I was always in the top 5 in the training session and took away P3 in the quali.

My start for race one was not so good. I lost two places in the first corner to Ryan and Chris. But during the race I got them back by mistakes of both. After that, I could bring P3 home.

The start of race two looked a bit chaotic to me. There is room for maybe two cars in turn 1, but some tried to open up a third line^^. It ended in a little nudging an the one with the bad luck was me - turned around and back to last place... But then I had some realy good fights when trying to fight back through the field. I think it was Brian Clancy in the middle of the race and Gary Lennon at the end where I had the best ones over a few laps each. :cool: At the end it got P8 right behind Ivo and another car. All I needed was just one more lap... :wink:

Thanks guys for another great evening! See you next time at the first league race! :)

Well what can i say. First encounter with the Mod and also my second official race with Rfactor.

I couldn't find a car that suited me on this track.

Well i had a lot of fun during race 1. Nice battle with Jay. tnx for that mate.

Second race was a disaster. Hitted a few people sorry for that. I had to wait and try to overtake some gents. But i am not controlling the car to well.
Most of the times it suprised me.

Well next time on a different track. And i'll be there !.

Tnx for the race Ryan!

Pff sweating like crazy after race 2.

Q: went bad. Could easy get 0.500. So ended 12th.

Race 1:

Lights went out and Kevin didnt move. Needed to brake and lot of guys passed me.
Some scary moves in to t1 by some people. Glad i was focused and saw it happening in the mirror. First 2 laps where bad. went to 16th or something.
Moved back to 13th. Spun almost in T1 and was 15th again. Got one place. And was then behind Ati. Was faster in the last laps of the race. But there was no room to overtake. Tried everthing. Outside, inside, upside down. :D
So ended 14th where i could easily run arround 10th place.

Race 2:

Started again after Kevin. So went to the left when the lights went out and had a clean start. Again some scary moves by people.
Moved my way up to 9th in 1 lap. And was behind Ati and Jay behind me. Lot of laps it stayed that way. We cam across some spinners and moved to 7th.
Some scary moment with backmarkers who just slowed down on the straights. Think Jay had contact with one of them because i didnt saw him anymore after we passed one. Had now Gary behind me and Ati still infront. Closed in on Ati in the last laps like the first race. Some awesome last lap. While i tried to overtake him again and Harald and Gary behind me, waiting for a mistake. Almost got Ati in the last corner but he defended well. So ended 7th.

Glad Ryan and i didnt choose this track for the League. :D

This track was not very nice with the Volvo. I haven't found some suitable gear settings. Either in some corners too short and in others too long - or vice versa. It was hard to go fast laptimes. But somehow I was always in the top 5 in the training session and took away P3 in the quali.

My start for race one was not so good. I lost two places in the first corner to Ryan and Chris. But during the race I get them back by mistakes of both. After that, I could bring P3 home.

The start of race two looked a bit chaotic to me. There is room for maybe two cars in turn 1, but some tried to open up a third line^^. It ended in a little nudging an the one with the bad luck was me - turned around and back to last place... But then I had some realy good fights when trying to fight back through the field. I think it was Brian Clancy in the middle of the race and Gary Lennon at the end where I had the best ones over a few laps each. :cool: At the end it got P8 right behind Ivo and another car. All I needed was just one more lap... :wink:

Thanks guys for another great evening! See you next time at the first league race! :)

Yea Harald, that was a good fight for a couple of laps, really enjoyed that, thank you....:D

Ryan. You can add me "Granny", "Tortoise" or "Lame" as nick - that's how i feel after today's race ;]

All of you (or most of you) guys are two steps further than me...
WTM cars are wild beasts...
But still it was quite a fun - Smile again went straight to my face.
It was my first race in RD, about 10'th in rF and I can be only proud that I wasn't last.
Plan for today was completed - I've finished the race, been there from start 'till the end and I've arrived at the finish with all of You.

It was really refreshing experience - I've been showed how much more I have to improve to be "in the competition".
Oh! And I have to develop more neutral setup ;]

Hope that i wasn't to much of the "roadblock" ;] - Tried my best.

Sorry for flashing my lights to you Kamil in T1 on Race 2 when i tried to lap you. It was so hot behind me.
So in my excitement i pressed the light button. I should not have done that. :)

Congrats guys, two very good races. Well done to Anders and Toby for the race wins.

Going into the two races I had been massively off the pace, and never thought I could compete up at the top, but I found the pace from somewhere, 2 very hard but enjoyale races for me, finished 4th in both.

Could've finished 3rd if it wasnt for that silly mistake defending my position, well done to Jesper Taulborg for giving me a good race and not crashing into me too hard when I spun out :)Can't wait for the first race at Virginia, should be very fun, look forward to seeing you there

Had some serious problems with connecting, it took me about half an hour to get the damn thing going :/
Second race was a disaster. Hitted a few people sorry for that. I had to wait and try to overtake some gents. But i am not controlling the car to well.
Good thing you didn't hear my loud reaction after slammin' into the tires on the last corner :]. No grudges though, as I probably caused some misfortune to Valerio Vinassa earlier, sorry for that. It was nice battling with a group of 3-4 guys throughout the race 2.

Race 1 was a mixed bag with a bitter taste - after (for me) a fantastic start, which saw me move up 8 positions on half a lap, I then lost 2 or 3 places due to my mistakes, but got a nice, consistent pace, with Sergio behind me, having more or less the same pace. Unfortunately when I caught up with some marauders I got scared after seeing a car way too slow over the jump, touched the brakes before the crest and slammed into the wall. Puncture, pit stop, pity. After that I had some sinister fun pressing on some of the guys that already lapped me, just for kicks :D. 15th place was doable, but what are you gonna do.

Race 2 was bad, got punted way too much at the beginning, got hit once or twice, threw some useless mistakes of mine for a good measure and I got myself a rubbish race. But it was nice fun constantly changing places with Valerio, Yuri and another orange BMW (I forgot who drove it, sorry :p).

Looking forward to the league, looks like I just might be able to squeeze some times under 105% :D.

First time out with the mod tonight.

Skipped qualy as i turned my first laps with mod and track on the server - my bad - downloaded mod twice - well, 1 and a half times - as i missed the ! in the password and thought i had a bum d/l the first time round :tongue:

Race 1 was good fun and made up a couple of places.

Race 2 started 17th and to my horror i kinda missed the tarmac part of the track in the fast double righty on lap 1 and bent the beemer a bit out of shape bouncing accross the track after the tyre wall spat me out. Had a wee bit of understeer from there on and hardly any top end to speak of. Kept going and passed a couple of guys who had picked some problems of their own.

Thx admin for allowing me a spot tonight and thx guys for the racing - was good fun.

Cool mod :doublethumb:

always fun
along the race I do my PB 1.17.5 :).
Race 1 good start for me but at lap 6 little contact withMarc van Niekirk ( think), was a race contact but I wait him,its a fun race, around half race everyone that behind me give me a BLUE FLAG :frown: .
Race 2 1st lap Gregory 'Champ' Degreef standing in the middle of the straight (start/finish) at last I see so turn left but at my left there is L.Demolin sorry mate, he spin and I hit the wall, damage my right suspension I continued and finished the race.

Thanks all for this fun race and usually Ryan , Ivo and RD

C U Valerio

As this Vitus version is not my kind of track, I was really with no great hopes about this two races and it just went like that, 17th in qualify, in the first race I was 15th until last lap and lost 2 or 3 places in the final.

Second one, just follow my Alfa partner, Jan Somers, who started in front of me and in the first lap we climb a few places, after that we do a close race to end, with a few M3 always very close to me, finishing 12th.

Must say that before this event I was a bit afraid of the first lap, that in this kind of track and with so many cars, in the mid of the field it could go wrong, but everything really went very well. Thanks everyone!

Now, no more races this week, will start making my bags, prepare everything and on Thursday it's time to go to Algarve watch WRC – Rally of Portugal until Sunday.

Practice - I was consistently in the low 14s for race pace, and in the high 13s in qualy pace, which shows you that you can stick a load of fuel in these cars and harder tyres and there really isn't much difference in pace.

Qualifying - Put together a reasonable lap for a 13.8, then went out and beat it with a 13.7 I think, to put me on pole by a couple tenths, more than happy with that.

Race 1 - I had a good start, and defended the first lap hard from Greg, who tried to jump me at the first corner but didn't quite manage that. After that I pulled out a few car lengths but he was just faster than me, so from about lap 8 so began several laps of me defending for my life from Mr Degreef's advances. Once or twice he got by but I was able to switchback ahead again, mainly thanks to my superior power. He was so much faster though in the turn 7-10 section, I thought I would never pull away from him. In the end, I didn't, but I held on for a win.

Race 2 - Good start, but I got squeezed by two cars in turn one and maybe directly or indirectly caused Harald, I think, to turn around. Anyway, I sat pretty for the rest of the lap looking for somewhere to pass the guys in front when out of nowhere a car appeared down the inside, braking later than late and pushing me slightly wide - Gregory was back! :) I got by him again at the last chicane, but then we touched heading down the pit straight and he ended up in the wall, shame for him :(

Then it was a case of making my way through the field - got past several guys, eventually, my favourite move being the one down the inside at turn 1 past Chris Butcher, but then coming up behind Gary Lennon, he got sideways through the second last chicane and my momentum took me into him, sorry about that mate :(. I felt bad so I waited for him to repass, which he eventually did, and I had to pass these guys all over again, which I duly did until I ran out of talent at turn one. Ended up 5th or 6th I think, not such a bad result considering but should have been 3rd or 4th I think, seen as I was passing Gary for 3rd when I hit him. Oh well. :)

Happy with my pace though, looking forward to the league, especially the flatter tracks which don't have so many crests - god I hate them! :D

Poor Mattia. Bad Nigel :D

And yes, Sergio, T1 was very good in both races, very impressed, with 28 drivers heading into a tight turn.

That's me on the right, got taken out from behind. No worries though, had a blast coming back up through the field :cool:

LOL.jpg

Actually I was taken out at the beginning of the second race as well :frown:
Had a blast though, good fun!

Yes, there were a few incidences, but 3 cars out of 55 was pretty good and on both occasions for you the driver waited. Harald was the victim of circumstance. Apart from that it was all good.

I'm not complaining, I know these things happen. I just thought it was funny that my car was parked the wrong way round on the side of the track while everyone strolled past :D And you're right, everyone was pretty well behaved in turn 1, good stuff!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back