rF2 Touring Masters @ Kinnekulle - Wed July 21st 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hey Ryan,

Sorry mate, I wont be able to make it tonight. Sorry that it's such late notice - Work is taking over my bloody life at the moment, and I'm running behind it trying to keep up.

Sorry bud.

That was fun racing guys. :)

Race 1: Went a little bit mixed. Again lost 3 spots at the start. I always play is safe in the first corners....
Had a nice battle with Lee and especially Anders. He overtook me when we needed to avoid Amir. But was 3th at the point. Only a corner later i lost FF and spun. Rejoined the track at 6th and stayed that way.

Race 2: Started from P1. But had a good start managed to block the inside line and pulled away abit. When Kjell was behind he closed easily. Let him through a couple of laps a later because he had way more pace. Then Anders was behind me. Took him some laps to close in. And we started to battle again like in Race 1. Complete Deja Vu from race 1. ;). He overtook me when i went abit wide. Managed to follow him in the last laps. But then he spun (probably flat tire) So the last 2 laps where just bringing the car home to 2th.

Coo racing tonight. Very fun track and the M3 is a fun car. Still not my kind of car. You need to really drive it almost over the limit to go fast with it. And that totally not my style. But still a very fun car. :)

nice race
sry Kamil for my little hit in last turn Lap1 but you spin front me and dont know what I can do you are 1meter from me brake but we are near.

in Race 2 many my fault after this meet Tomasz and start a new race full of fights nice:good:.clean battle:)

PS when I removed the wheels, I warmed chips and sausage:D

congrat to podium:cool:

Thanks Ryan and RD for event:)

two good races. fun event. i must appolgize for kjeil stenback for spinning you at race one . you and i had good pace and were all over toby who was leading the race. i thought i could make a pass but you coverd your line well. i broke too late hit and spun you. again sorry i was too agressiive.
race 2 i was much more tired. made small mistakes which ment that i was down to seventh. the last laps toby and i had a very good fight. again i was too agressive and hit him. sorry toby. waited and the battle went on o the last corner. gr8 stuff. i decided not to make stupid moves agaun which meant that toby won in our little battle:).thx for the event and see you all next time.

All i can say is WOW, what a mod!!! How come i didn't get it early is beyond my little brain:confused::goat: As the WTCC87 in race series are my fav. fun cars i should have got it long time ago.

Mix results for me as both races i didn't have ffb:damnit: and i felt a bit unsure how hard i can push but had fun nevertheless:D As i love RWD wtcc cars something tells me this wasn't my last event with it:love::love::banana:

Well done to all and:thanks:Ryan and RD staff for the event.

nice race
sry Kamil for my little hit in last turn Lap1 but you spin front me and dont know what I can do you are 1meter from me brake but we are near.

About this hit - there wasn't anything you possibly could have done. That was too much gas by me and i've started spinning right before your hood - I hope that i didn't caused too much trouble. ;]

Also - I have to apologize Christian da Freites for my comment during race #1 - it was my fault.
After i've watched replay, I've understand how this incident started - i didn't seen You - i have no right mirrow view and when i've taken my line i was 100 percent sure You're not there so i closed the door.
That was the moment when I became really angry - thought that you did this on purpose.
I am really sorry.

B.T.W. is it possible to change horizontal fov that I'll be able to see right mirror?

Wow, that race was fun, did much better than I expected, 5th and 4th respectively :). Thought I was going to be really slow, but this track was really fun and seemed to suit all cars. Had a couple of good battles, I'd like to say thanks to Dariusz, Kjell, Ivo, Toby and Amir for providing the entertainment :D

By the way Ben, after giving the impression you were gonna be awesome here because you're faster than your brother in superkarts. You did well here ;)

Wow, that race was fun, did much better than I expected, 5th and 4th respectively :). Thought I was going to be really slow, but this track was really fun and seemed to suit all cars. Had a couple of good battles, I'd like to say thanks to Dariusz, Kjell, Ivo, Toby and Amir for providing the entertainment :D

By the way Ben, after giving the impression you were gonna be awesome here because you're faster than your brother in superkarts. You did well here ;)
He set a faster laptime by a hundredth of a second, according to our data loggers. :p
But yes, he sucked. I would like to apologise on his behalf, and on his behalf as well for causing my lag in the first race when he decided to go on the internet during the race (our broadband is rubbish at the best of times).

B.T.W. is it possible to change horizontal fov that I'll be able to see right mirror?

You can turn on the virtual mirrors in the profile settings, making them visible at the top of the screen all the time. I find it useful :)

About the race: what a thrill! Got really nice feeling throughout the event, didn't mind the Q as I'm usually rubbish in them, started very nicely (I seem to get off the line quite nicely in me 6, don't now if it's the car or me :p). I felt really good being able to see all the leading cars in front of me, and not far away at the beginning of both races. Even came close to overtaking Anders (P2 in the end. I think. Yellow Sierra) at one point after him going off. But obviously I was still no mach for the big fishes, so I settled down for P7, missing the reversed grid by one place. You did it on purpose, Ryo, I know that! ;).

R2 - again nice start, managed even to overtake Toby at the beginning (tam da dam), but I wasn't fooling myself, he showed me a bit of "harsh love" and clawed he's way back to the top instantenously. Later on I made a mistake, lost couple places. Was left with Lee Palmer's silhouette and tyre smoke somewhere on the horizon for most of the race, pushing and trying to cath him. It turned out that he was one lap down, but I had something to mobilise me anyway.

Thanks Ryo for holding the event and to all of you guys for populating the track. See you next time without a doubt :)

Love this track, the M3 was a joy to drive here. Quali I managed a pb but it was still about half a secound down on what the car could do. Started (don't actualy know). Had a good start and managed to get onto the back of the cars infront tried a move but then had to go carefull for the next few corners as I was offline. After it all settle down I was behind Ivo who I managed to stay with for a few laps untill he caught traffic managed to jump two cars but then Ivo got me back. Can't remember what else happened in race 1 but I know I was behind Adam for most of the race having a scrap before I got a bit lively on the throttle out of the penultimate corner with Adam then hitting me to ensure I span :p. Few laps later I got a bit of oversteer out of T3 corrected it and it darted me off into a barrier with dead engine.

Race two started 18th but had a good start and was behind Adam and Ryan by T1. Into T2 however I was hit by Ben Davis putting me to the back of the pack and about 5 secs off the back. Managed to catch back up passing people (was fun). Untill I got to Adam (had to be didn't it). Had an awesome race with him untill I got past and was able to pull away. After this Adam retired and Lukasz was behind me in 9th with me 8th. However one of the later laps I had a bit of a moment into T1 meaning I missed the S1 split I didn't notice this untill about the last corner and so I had lost a lap. Fortunately it only cost me one place. Last lap however I had another moment into T1 and got a bit close to Anders on the end of my spin. Coasted over the line for 9th place.

Ryan this track was brilliant. Thank you so much for organizing and to all I raced with.

Great night for me. Was surprised by how fast I was going in the Supra around here.

Quali: Set a pb, 4 tenths quicker than anything else I had done.

Race 1: Made an OK start for 11th I think it was, and followed Christian through turn 1 and snuck up the inside of him in turn 2. I was now behind the big group in front and just sat off them a little as they were battling. This tactic paid off when both Dariusz and Lee spun off. I was now in 8th and just behind Lukasz. We both came up behind Kamil, and Lukasz got past him easily on the main straight. I thought he was going to let me through as well but he closed the door. Into turn 2, he took a wide entry and looked as if he was letting me through, so I took the inside only for him to cut back across and block me. After one lap stuck behind him I flashed my lights but he still refused to let me through and now I had Lee on my tail. After about 4 laps Kamil went off but Lukasz was 5 seconds ahead and with Lee on my tail, chances of 7th had gone out the window. The next few laps I had a real battle with Lee including one moment in which I ran wide at turn 1 with Lee going past, however I managed to recover to the track to the left of the tyre barrier before turn two and stick one up the inside of him inton turn 2 to take the place back. Eventually Lee got past but he made a mistake at the penultimate corner and I had nowhere to go but into him (sorry). Crossed the line in a comfortable 8th place.

Race 2: Got a poor start and dropped back before getting a nudge up the back which forced me into someone infront (sorry, don't know who) and they went off. Kept going and got overtaken by a few people before Round 2 of my battle with Lee. This one was a little shorter and ultimately led to Lee getting past and pulling away. A few laps later I got too much of a slide out of turn 3 and went head first into the wall and the engine just died. Oh well.

Thanks to Ryan, RD, and all of those I battled with.

Also - I have to apologize Christian da Freites for my comment during race #1 - it was my fault.
After i've watched replay, I've understand how this incident started - i didn't seen You - i have no right mirrow view and when i've taken my line i was 100 percent sure You're not there so i closed the door.
That was the moment when I became really angry - thought that you did this on purpose.
I am really sorry.

Thanks.. No problem buddy, maybe i was too agressive in some turns, sorry.. but in both races I struggle with the tyres temperature, so was like 3 good laps, after that was very difficult to keep the pace and a good line.

--

For me was a complicated one, in Race #1 i never reach a decent pace (like in practice), had a couple of incidents and a serious crash, so had to repair dmg and lost too much time.

In the second race a better start but in turn #2 almost lost the car and someone touch me and i lost it. After that i just try to keep a good pace and gain some places, but in the exit of turn #2 crashed and had to pit.

Thanks all of those i battled with..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back