rF2 Touring Masters @ Eastern Creek - Wednesday December 8th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Q 21th but after 4 or 5 turns Im in 16th position mine drive gone well until my big mistake in lap 4 before turn5 or 6 (think) put 1st gear instead of 3td (use H shift really amusement with this cars) so car big spin lost many positions and Im now in 23th position push hard for recover some place along the race and between nice battle with Noel C. ,Dariusz S. Ole Marius I bump Chris B. sorry mate but you spin front me and avoid Lukasz that slip with your car front me, in any case a great fun and finished race in 15th place.

Thanks Adam,Ryan and Ivo more RD for event

Had real good fun tonight. I had an interesting experience - was driving purely in RBR (and almost exclusively on gravel) when it comes to simracing during the last week (+ some GT5 prior to that). I kept cursing the infield for being so grip-less because I felt the constant urge to cut deeper than sensible in circuit racing :D. Then I finally started to stay on the tarmac and having a good time.

I was extremely slow, because I joined about half an hour before official practice or something and it was my first time with this version of Eastern Creek (not that I really knew it in any other game), and first time after 2 week break from WTM. Decided to enjoy myself and avoid ruining the race for the rest of the guys, so I qualied somewhere around 23rd or something.

Messed up the start - I couldn't see the lights, so tried to launch using the LCD display. Launched and then hesitated, because the clock seemed to have stalled (and I was afraid I've jumped the start), turned out it was OK, but most of the guys from behind already overtook me, on top of that I had to swerve on the grass to pass the stalled car in front of me. Moved up a couple places on the first two turns, then some more; then lost a place here and there during the race. I've decided to not be as stubborn as usual and I wasn't defending nor pressing hard, as the confidence wasn't there. Around the 35min mark my rear tyres were worn (turns out Hards + Meds wasn't the best choice for me) just enough to make me spin out and drive really wobbly. Decided to pit and went for softs this time, but I forgot to uncheck damage repair and my crew spent 40 seconds pushing out the damn bent rear bumper.

After leaving the pit lane my pace improved and although I was initially lapped by two guys (one of them was Abdul Canbaz), I managed to unlap myself in the end and catch Roy Magnes near the end of the race. Abdul put up a fight and I was cursing him for that, as he was already a lap ahead and I was wasting my precious softs trying to overtake him as clean as I possibly could :).

To sum it up - great event, lots of fun. Thanks to all, especially to the staff behind the event. See you on the track soon :)

like Ivo say, very good track for this MOD...
need to say that i almost miss this nice event, 30min before the official practice i take a break and falls asleep(was a "hard day"...), i woke up 5 min before Q session. with only 10min Q session and almost 40ppl on track, better to not miss one minute :)
Quali P1 in my first hotlap, and a bit lucky cause was not very a good one and Lee was not far.
Race: a bit afraid about standing start, but i think this time the guys behind take a "bad" start and me too(as usually) and keep P1.
Jan was vary fast in the first few lap and the gap was not over 1sec but i think he was in Medium and made a mistake. a bit less pressure for me cause Ivo and Gary was in "fight" and lost couple seconde. the gap was never more than 10s and never behind 7sec when i catch up the guys at the end of the field. dont take it bad guys, i know that you try to make it good but there is sometimes some guys who is a bit "dangerous". when you want let pass, pls dont brake so hard and for sure not in a fast section(eg:T1) and not on the racing line pls. i think is better to lose some time behind you in the turn and after if you want you can move from the racing or stay on but just relax a little your throttle and not brake like if a hairpin is coming ;). and when im "flashing"(on-off) light, its NOT for saying: "hey, get out of the way...". is just to let you know that someone is coming and that we hope that you will look a little more into the mirrors and to prevent all "stupid crash" ;). everyone made a good job ;)
thx Adam, Ryan, Ivo and RD for organisation!!!
cu next time guys.

First time on this track. It wont be my favourite ;-). This time in Supra. It's funny car, very easy to drive but quite understery. Had very bad qualy, ober 1 sec worse than PB. Race were better. I got hards in front and mids on rear-verygood choice, if you want to drive only one stint. I had very good start and gained few positions before T3, had nice fight with one of the Alfas (white-red-blue colour), very close. on the 3, 4, 5 laps got hited few times on breaking, luckly every time I stayed on tarmac, but I had a litle damage in rear susp-maybe I'm early breaker or something....but no regrets. I had few nice battles with few drivers. In the end when Supra got very light it was very tricky in breaking so I was slower and slower, on 3 last laps had battle with Akbar-again very close and fair-but this time You were in M3;-) and You were much better on breaking. Luckly I was able to stay on my 20th position to the end.
THX to everybody, who appears yesterday.

Well, i have been racing iRacing and NetKar loads lately and had no issues, so i know it's not my wheel. It's like when you don't reverse the FFB strength and when you turn the wheel, it turns for you, it was undrivable for me and i didn't wanna caiuse the other guys issues, i think i nearly swiped Ivo but it was not me, it was the wheel. Will delete RealFeel for next weeks and check out that ini below. Actually managed to get in the 37's aswell in quali, gutted!

Thanks mate, will check it out

Like Ivo says, we recommend default FFB, we think it works best. His link is the best default FFB out there.

Reverse FFB effects are recommended also.

After my first event in this league, very happy and generally impressed with how things are.

Qualy went OK, had a few laps ruined due to evasive action and people spinning, so what I eventually got in was around a second or so off what I should've been able to do. 11th - I think - wasn't too bad anyway. Had a decent start off the line after which I was abit cautious through T1 and then went off in sympathy with about 4 cars into T2. I think on lap 2 or 3 I was next to Chris Butcher who lost it and nudged me off, thanks for slowing down and waiting for me :). After that it was both fun and frustrating working through the pack, with the Merc seemingly in the Alfa club for lack of straightline speed compared to something like the RS500. I think I got 9th in the end behind Kelvin, so a good result. Looking forward to the next one!

:) had really really fun race at the back of the grid. these cars are just so good to drive that i didint even care about my mistakes.. just wanted to DRIFT some MORE!... :p i hope i fit in the S2.

Oh well, I really can't get a good racespeed anymore in these cars. I'm just not able to go fast with hard tyres, and mediums doesn't last long enough to have a chance to keep up to speed, even with one stop, need to find some speed in racetrim, then I might be able to keep my Q position at least.

Other than that, it was a freaking good race, lot's of battles, fair driving and I managed to stay out of trouble, or, at least nearly all of it. had a situation with Teppo Remes in T1, but he waited for me I think(?) anyway, not too sure if you was the one to blame, but thanks anyway! :)
Later i spun Marek Skrajnowski at the end of T1, when he was letting Gregory past, and went to the grass, then onto the track, I though he was going to stay on the inside, but he didn't and I couldn't decide where to turn, and ended up with spinning him,- sorry, but i don't feel I could've done much.
Other than that, Kelvin, you need to take it calmer, if you are faster than the guys in front of you, then you will pass them, you don't have to take the first and not the best chance, I heard others complain about your driving yesterday as well, and when people get used to you driving that way, they will do the same to you.
Oh, and again, thanks for the guys from 13th to 18th in the standings yesterday, a fantastic fight there, loved it! :)

Oh well, I really can't get a good racespeed anymore in these cars. I'm just not able to go fast with hard tyres, and mediums doesn't last long enough to have a chance to keep up to speed, even with one stop, need to find some speed in racetrim, then I might be able to keep my Q position at least.

Other than that, it was a freaking good race, lot's of battles, fair driving and I managed to stay out of trouble, or, at least nearly all of it. had a situation with Teppo Remes in T1, but he waited for me I think(?) anyway, not too sure if you was the one to blame, but thanks anyway! :)
Later i spun Marek Skrajnowski at the end of T1, when he was letting Gregory past, and went to the grass, then onto the track, I though he was going to stay on the inside, but he didn't and I couldn't decide where to turn, and ended up with spinning him,- sorry, but i don't feel I could've done much.
Other than that, Kelvin, you need to take it calmer, if you are faster than the guys in front of you, then you will pass them, you don't have to take the first and not the best chance, I heard others complain about your driving yesterday as well, and when people get used to you driving that way, they will do the same to you.
Oh, and again, thanks for the guys from 13th to 18th in the standings yesterday, a fantastic fight there, loved it! :)

Yes i wating you,i think its my fault...sry :(

Another thrilling WTM installment for me with reasonable Rover pace on hard tyres,very early tussles with Swidey and the Reebok Skyline that took a bit of shaking off,extra speed down the straight helped settle that ;P,then me and Ivo picked up where we left off last week at Vitus with a good little squabble over 2nd spot,by the time i got through on Ivo that bugger Degreef was gone >:/,unfortunate as i started pegging his pace holding the gap at 8secs with little "dips" below that as i think he had blue flag trouble?,he will say he was pacing to the end anyway....(pffff) :p.
Grats Greego and good fun and again squeaky clean racing Ivo.

Thank You Adz/Ryo/Ivo & RD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back