1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Tour de France 2012

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram, May 15, 2012.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The 2012 Tour de France is scheduled to be the 99th Tour de France. It is scheduled to start in the Belgian city of Liège and end on the Champs-Elysées in Paris. Besides Belgium the Tour also visits Switzerland.

[​IMG]

Who are your favorites for this years edition of Le Tour?

2. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Well, with 100+ kilometres of time trial in this edition of the tour it will be Bradley Wiggins that has the top favourite role. But my personal favourite is Peter Sagan, which in my eyes is one of the most talented cyclists out there.

3. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I'm going with my mum (crazy about cycling) to see stages 17 and 18.

17 is Tourmalet!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bram

Bram

Awesome, I have seen the tour many years ago live on the Alpe D'Huez and ever since I would like to rent a mobile home during the summer and follow the circus through all stages of the Tour.

Most likely will never happen, but lets keep on dreaming :)

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Are the stages split up more than last year and the years before? It just looks like more travelling between a lot of them.

6. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Yess another year of the tour, cannot wait. Surely an Andy Schleck win this time?

• Like Like x 1
  7. and now there is roumers that Andy doesent get to do the tour, he hasent shown great form lately either

8. Bram

Bram

Yes they just said it here on the radio he will not compete in this years TdF due to a spine injury. Sad news losing one of the favorites.

9. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I repeated a post because I was posting from phone and didn't see already said that :p

10. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Team sky made their team public yesterday. Not much support for Cavendish this time. they're all out for yellow this year.

11. I'm not a big fan of cycling, but I was like to watch the Tour, specially the mountain stages with their wonderful landscapes.

12. So the Tour starts today, who is gonna win the prologe?

Cavendish looks to be ready ;)
    from his twitter
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bram

Bram

I am putting my money on David Zabriskie

14. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

No Contador or Schleck this year... takes away 75% of the excitement for me already :(

15. Mørkøv takes the polkadot jersey :D
    It was his goal before the stage today, and it's his first Tour I think :)

16. So 2nd. stage, time for the sprinters, will Sagan take another one, or will Cavendish take his first win, or maby Macel Kittel, Gripel or Boason Hagen?
    I'm hoping a bit for Sagan but I think Cavendish will take it :)

17. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

I was SO ready for TdF. Then I joined a couple of mates that went on a training camp in Italy (they are quite talented cyclists). And well, I lost a bit of motivation to watch.
    I did believe that the cyclingsport was getting a bit cleaner... I couldn't have been more wrong. :(

18. so, 7th stage the first up hill finish, who is gonna win it?
    also here is the list of riders that is out of the race after the chrashes yesterdays stage 6, 12! riders in all what a massacrer :O_o:

Wout Poels, Vacansoleil-DCM
    Maarten Wynants, Rabobank
    Imanol Erviti, Movistar
    Iván Gutiérrez, Movistar
    Oscar Freire, Katusha
    Davide Vigano, Lampre-ISD
    Hubert Dupont, AG2R - La Mondiale
    Mikel Astarloza, Euskaltel-Euskadi
    Amets Txurruka, Euskaltel-Euskadi
    Tom Danielson, Garmin-Sharp
    Ryder Hesjedal, Garmin-Sharp
    Robert Hunter, Garmin-Sharp

19. Bram

Bram

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

And today, Remy di Gregorio has been arrested after the policed took a visit to Cofidis.

To be honest, I was expecting a Sky or Liquigas (Yes Sagan - I'm looking at you) news story today!