Resource icon

Misc Top/Center Flags for VR 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
c4p submitted a new resource:

Top/Center Flags for VR - Top/Center Flags for VR; 1920p/2560p/3840p

Top/Center Flags for VR

I used the default Assetto Corsa flags to create a pack centered flags for VR.

Just copy your specific flags folder to x:\....\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\gui and replace the default flags folder.

The pack depends on your monitor width resolution:

- RESOLUTION=1920x1080 choose 1920p pack; etc

A big thanks to the creators of Assetto Corsa!...

Read more about this resource...

can we get a screenshot? im not sure what this actually does

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170927/hfvirv9p.jpg

I updated the download page!

edit: It moves the flags to the top/center of your screen instead of top/left; especially useful for VR, because you have to move your head a little bit, when looking straight, to see the flags (ingame menu screen is fixed in AC's world/car; the icons don't dynamically move with your head movement). Now they are centered in field of view of the ingame menu screen.

Last edited:
also, this one could do with being lowered slightly:
Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_road_america_13-1-118-15-51-56.jpg

(1920x1080

Thanks a lot for this. Is it possible to fix fuel indicator too?

I tried simular things with the fuel indicator but sadly it doesn't work. This flag mod basically works by making the PNG picture much wider and moving the flag to the far right of the picture (so when the picture is displayed the icon now has a large portion on the left that is blank and hence pads the flag to the right. With the fuel indicator it just squeezes the bigger picture into the same small space on the left... so alas no good.

If you know how to make/edit a picture you can make your own PNG to place the flags where ever you want. With my VR system, a 1000 x 1000 blank PNG with the flag in the bottom right of the PNG puts my flags by my steering wheel.

The original poster hasn't been seen in a while. Attached is a version of his upload for 1600 res. In addition to centering, the flags don't overlap the text that comes up when a race finishes.

NOTE: I had to add a txt extension to the zip to be allowed to upload it. Remove it and the extra . and you're good to go.

If you're running another resolution but want the flags lowered - and you run Windows 10 - do the following:

Working with a set of c4p's already altered flags, but skipping the blackflag.png...

- right-click each flag and select Edit with Paint 3D
- in Paint 3D, at the top, click Canvas
- the options Show canvas and Transparent canvas should be On, Lock aspect ratio ticked, and Pixels selected. Resize image with canvas should be unticked
- now simply grab the little white box top center and drag upward to the desired height
- save and exit

300 pixels works well for 1600 res but will probably be too low for lower res and, possibly, too high for higher res. To test, before resizing all the flags, resize the finish.png then setup a one lap race and see how it looks at the finish.

I didn't resize the larger, 512 x 512, blackflag.png because the op didn't. The blackFlag_small will appear centered though - unless you never get black flagged. ;-0

Attachments

• AC Flags for 1600 Res.zip.txt
    131.4 KB · Views: 294
The original poster hasn't been seen in a while. Attached is a version of his upload for 1600 res. In addition to centering, the flags don't overlap the text that comes up when a race finishes.

NOTE: I had to add a txt extension to the zip to be allowed to upload it. Remove it and the extra . and you're good to go.

If you're running another resolution but want the flags lowered - and you run Windows 10 - do the following:

Working with a set of c4p's already altered flags, but skipping the blackflag.png...

- right-click each flag and select Edit with Paint 3D
- in Paint 3D, at the top, click Canvas
- the options Show canvas and Transparent canvas should be On, Lock aspect ratio ticked, and Pixels selected. Resize image with canvas should be unticked
- now simply grab the little white box top center and drag upward to the desired height
- save and exit

300 pixels works well for 1600 res but will probably be too low for lower res and, possibly, too high for higher res. To test, before resizing all the flags, resize the finish.png then setup a one lap race and see how it looks at the finish.

I didn't resize the larger, 512 x 512, blackflag.png because the op didn't. The blackFlag_small will appear centered though - unless you never get black flagged. ;-0
Could you do a similar thing with this updated version?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back