or / and (for GT cars)
15-04-29-lexus-rc-f-gt500-bridgestone-potenza.jpg

I think this one could be great for the Formula B :
Bridgestone_Potenza_F1_Front_Tire.JPG

And Pirelli :
546b43115ba5f_-_pirelli1-lg.jpg
(for GTs too)
Thanks for all your job !

Good job looks good if only it was more simpler to get it working. Has anyone got this working with the F1 2016 Livery Mod? The instructions hurt my brain to even read literally- So what to do in the conditions below?

Are these instructions assuming you only use one livery everytime you select a car, or does it work for every car or livery when you only match up Livery 51? Yes I'm using the F1 2016 Liveries Mod, so things look a bit different for me. Wait am I looking in the wrong place Jesus this is confusing.

So going by this
i-K5dxm4T.png
Trying to match to real life, still have PURPLE in TIRE_FORMULA_A.txt
<NAMES INPUT="TIRE">
YELLOW <NAME NAME="Soft" TIRE="1" />
WHITE <NAME NAME="Medium" TIRE="2" />
ORANGE <NAME NAME="Hard" TIRE="3" />
GREEN <NAME NAME="Intermediate" TIRE="4" />
BLUE <NAME NAME="Wet" TIRE="5" />
RED? <NAME NAME="Extreme" TIRE="6" />
</NAMES>
</CONDITION>
<CONDITION TIRE="1">
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_06.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_07.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_spec_02.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_spec_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_spec_03.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_spec_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_norm_01.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_norm_00.dds" />
</CONDITION>
<CONDITION TIRE="2">
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_08.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_09.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_spec_02.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_spec_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_spec_03.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_spec_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_norm_01.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_norm_00.dds" />
</CONDITION>
<CONDITION TIRE="3">
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_10.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_11.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_01.dds" />
</CONDITION>
<CONDITION TIRE="4">
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_inter_01_diff_00.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_inter_01_diff_01.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_diff_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_inter_01_norm_00.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_norm_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_inter_01_norm_01.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_norm_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_inter_01_spec_00.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_spec_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_inter_01_spec_01.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_spec_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_12.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_13.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_norm_02.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_norm_00.dds" />
</CONDITION>
<CONDITION TIRE="5">
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_rain_kart_diff_00.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_rain_kart_diff_01.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_diff_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_rain_kart_norm_00.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_norm_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_rain_kart_norm_01.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_norm_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_rain_kart_spec_00.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_spec_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_rain_kart_spec_01.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_spec_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_14.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_15.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_norm_02.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_norm_00.dds" />
</CONDITION>
<CONDITION TIRE="6">
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_rain_kart_diff_00.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_rain_kart_diff_01.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_diff_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_rain_kart_norm_00.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_norm_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_rain_kart_norm_01.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_norm_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_rain_kart_spec_00.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_spec_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_rain_kart_spec_01.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tread_slick1_spec_01.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_04.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_05.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_01.dds" />
</CONDITION>

Did I do it right?
No wait there are 100 liveries listed in formula_a.rcf so I just copy the above under each livery?

Last edited:
Good job looks good if only it was more simpler to get it working. Has anyone got this working with the F1 2016 Livery Mod? The instructions hurt my brain to even read literally- So what to do in the conditions below?
Did I do it right?

Yes, that looks to be correct.

Is there a option that somebody upload their own files with tyres so I dont have to pass this long-time installing process ??

I could upload mine but this means you'll have same liveries as I do, anything else and you would still need to edit .rcf files yourself.

No wait there are 100 liveries listed in formula_a.rcf so I just copy the above under each livery?

No. If you want to assign tire texture to the specific livery, lets say livery number 67, then you add just those five lines from my file under that livery. And yes you would have to do that for each livery.
But you can also edit tire conditions, which you did. Those are in the end and you just need to edit those, don't copy them under each livery. But this method won't change tires for AI unfortunately.

So you can only have 1 tire for each livery, or do you copy all 25-30 lines for each tire type? If this is done correctly will it show up under My Garage? What does editing tire conditions accomplish exactly?

1) Yes, one tire for each livery if you use that method.
2) Editing tire conditions means that texture is linked to tire compund. So if you select medium tires, it show white logo and so on (also livery conditions should not have any tires assigned to them in this case)

Thanks alot nsss, I noticed you moved the Tire Conditions to the top below Name Input="Tire". Seems smart enough lol- also Tire's 1 through 3 only have 5 lines, but 4 through 6 have 11 lines, is that okay? I also noticed you pretty much applied the F1 2016 Livery Mod replacing the original liveries. That's one thing I didn't do so I can't simply copy paste what you have here, I'm sure it would really mix everything up. If that matters? For example- Mine doesn't mention L.Hamilton but your's does...
9abc831a8b.png

Thanks for your maximum effort in assistance, I really appreciate it. By the way at first I replaced all the default liveries as you did, then decided I wanted to keep the originals so I verified integrity of game cache then reapplied the liveries mod by adding instead of replacing.
898b28bb30.png

I found L.Hamilton in mine on the left and yours on the right and they look very similar, what am I missing?

1) Yes, one tire for each livery if you use that method.
2) Editing tire conditions means that texture is linked to tire compund. So if you select medium tires, it show white logo and so on (also livery conditions should not have any tires assigned to them in this case)
Wait, so I want to delete all lines referring to tires or wheels listed under all liveries in this case?

Okay so I pasted the following under Livery 96 for L.Hamilton and suddenly all the tire types were working except for red. I don't even know why this worked.

<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_06.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tires\tire_formula_a_diff_07.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\tire_formula_a_diff_01.dds" />

Last edited:
If it works, don't change anything :D and red is missing because we have only 6 tire conditions so 1 must be missing. I don't have the game in this pc and can't really test anything, so I may have remembered something incorrectly :/

So basically pasting the 5 lines under each livery type forces the default tire to Formula A Slick (Yellow) and then somehow that forces the tire conditions which is ace! Yeah it was pretty awesome, I was sitting in the pits entered setup, changed tire type and could see the tire colors change. Looks sick now. Already did the same for every other livery type so I'm sure they are all working. Just need to do the same for the AI file. Then I'll have to update each car type, damn this is going to take ages lol. SMS needs to support modding on a more official bases this feels like I'm rewriting the game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back