F1 2011 Time Trials: Melbourne, Australia

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
02_aus_flag.jpg
AUSTRALIA - MELBOURNE
albert_park.jpg

Track maps courtesy of FIA website

Welcome
Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines, F1 Time Trials are back!

Slightly different format this season - every two weeks a new track will be decided.
Now, last year we had some run away winners, so we need to level the playing field a bit.
This season, you must post both a wet and dry time for each circuit. (wet lost interest on it's own last season)
The winner will be determined by the average lap time of wet and dry combined.
The winner of each event gets to choose the next circuit.

Rules
You must not use any assists while setting your time.
For your time to be accepted, you must post a screenshot (PC) or photo (PS3, 360) of the leaderboard showing your lap time.
(this helps us verify no assists). This must be embedded in the forum post, no links (takes longer to check) We will not accept videos, for this same reason. Do not upload pictures to the forum, use flickr, photobucket etc.
Please also update your forum profile to include your gamertag.
When you post you time, please mention your platform, PC, PS3, 360.

Have fun, competition closes on 7th Octber, 9pm GMT.

So, in which case brings us to these standings...

MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA

Name
DryWetAvg
Jan Masek01:15.85901:22.45501:19.157
2Derek Kind01:16.92601:23.42201:20.174
3Mutant Doctor01:17.35001:23.99701:20.674
4Dylan Hember01:18.27701:23.93401:21.105
5Mark Turner01:18.07701:25.89801:21.988
6Scott Webber01:19.86101:30.54801:25.205
7Andrew Skinner01:31.96601:39.74601:35.856

You have until 9pm GMT Friday to improve on your times...
Please post new screenies instead of updating the old posts if you wish to post a new time for submission.

Mark' wet time is better than any dry time I have managed in career, I need more practice before I submit any embarrassing times

With little practice & good wheel and car setup anybody can manage good times I think we all are good drivers that spend a lot of time on track the diference is maybe made only by wheel or car setup.

Idea : How abouth all racers taking part in TT australia drive after this is over a regular race with any distance with sims on ? How abouth you guys do you want to have some fun ?

Have hardly touched the game sincerelease day as I have been too busy, I'm sure I'll be ok times wise, just need to get on my of and drive!

Re: racing after nice idea, but this is cross platform so not everyone can compete together.

Just found out about this! Hope I made the deadline!

PS3, controller.

wet: 1:25.349
dry: 1:18.913

Unfortunately I don't think you qualify as you used assists.

How about a seperate thread for those who do use assists? I could use that as my pedals suck, and I've never had the time to train gear changes - not to mention my Logitech Formula Vibration Feedback wheel's bad gear changers.

Even with TC, ABS and Auto Gears I think I'd be lucky to get to under 1:20 in the dry.

Unfortunately I don't think you qualify as you used assists.

How about a seperate thread for those who do use assists? I could use that as my pedals suck, and I've never had the time to train gear changes - not to mention my Logitech Formula Vibration Feedback wheel's bad gear changers.

Even with TC, ABS and Auto Gears I think I'd be lucky to get to under 1:20 in the dry.

Uh, dude, if you read carefully and look at my screenshot you'll notice that I'm av2290 and the times are done without assists.

@ Andrew Bortz - Those are awesome times. I'm having trouble with the turn 3,4 combo. Are you using that wide area to the right exiting turn 4? Also my other issue is braking into turn 9 and keeping momentum through 10. The car wants understeers a lot under braking and can't rotate it quickly enough even with bias set to 48% front. Feel like I'm losing most of my time in those two places. Could also be controller steering slowness / lag.

I havent messed with brakes yet they just defaulted atm, turn 3/4 not a problem the car park is turn 5 I believe and I may be putting a wheel onto it but it'll be hardly anything.

My car is very lively on the rear end and I got very lucky in the wet with it through 11/12 I think must of made 1/2 sec just on that alone.

about your understeering problem, best thing ive found so far is to just increase the front wing (depending on how stable your rea end is already).

@Andrew Bortz .. it seems i dont try hard enough if you beat me easy by 1 second :) sadly its over but i will take care on other track :) .. one more thing your grost can not be downloaded :( crap i wanted to improve a little bit :)

@Andrew Bortz .. it seems i dont try hard enough if you beat me easy by 1 second :) sadly its over but i will take care on other track :) .. one more thing your grost can not be downloaded :( crap i wanted to improve a little bit :)

I dunno I couldnt get your time in the dry but got close, for some reason I cant download anyones ghost either really annoying so gotta set my own pace.

I enjoy this TT challenge and am looking forward to the next track. As a HRT driver no times will be posted. Wondering if tier 3 section will be included at some point or should I just post anyways and hope to not be the slowest HRT:tongue:
Good work. Whats the new track? So we can practice over the weekend.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back