F1 2011 Time Trials: Melbourne, Australia

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
02_aus_flag.jpg
AUSTRALIA - MELBOURNE
albert_park.jpg

Track maps courtesy of FIA website

Welcome
Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines, F1 Time Trials are back!

Slightly different format this season - every two weeks a new track will be decided.
Now, last year we had some run away winners, so we need to level the playing field a bit.
This season, you must post both a wet and dry time for each circuit. (wet lost interest on it's own last season)
The winner will be determined by the average lap time of wet and dry combined.
The winner of each event gets to choose the next circuit.

Rules
You must not use any assists while setting your time.
For your time to be accepted, you must post a screenshot (PC) or photo (PS3, 360) of the leaderboard showing your lap time.
(this helps us verify no assists). This must be embedded in the forum post, no links (takes longer to check) We will not accept videos, for this same reason. Do not upload pictures to the forum, use flickr, photobucket etc.
Please also update your forum profile to include your gamertag.
When you post you time, please mention your platform, PC, PS3, 360.

Have fun, competition closes on 7th Octber, 9pm GMT.

Good to be competing in TT again! I hope I can participate here regularly, but it can be difficult to juggle this with league race practice.

I'm finding TT times way faster in 2011 than in 2010. I've already beaten a couple of my times (smashed my Singapore record with a 1:34.1) with default setups, minimal practice, and all assists off, not even with great laps. The times are going to plummet this year, and it's not just because of KERS and DRS although those make a big difference. The car just feels faster.

I got a quick question, or 2.

If I post a time on the forum, then the next day or so, go and get a faster time, can I repost my times or is it one time, per track, per condition?

Also, how do you prove you set the times with no assists?

If you improve your time before the closing date, then of course post up the quicker time.

You prove no assists by going to the TT leaderboard, finding your name and taking a screenshot (PC) or photo (XB/PS3). You will notice there is a column called 'Assists' - if the symbol in that column is greyed out (not illuminated), then there were no assists used.

Like this....

2011-09-20_00001-1.jpg

(credit to Diego as I pinched this example from his thread) :D

I doubt it's really carrying 58 laps of fuel - fuel is a non-factor in TT mode, it stays the same every lap for every racer, you don't need to worry about it.

You wouldn't want anything besides Mix 3 for getting the best speed, so that's probably locked too. Don't worry about fuel and tyres in TT. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.