F1 2010 Time Trial Week #9 Hungaroring, Budapest (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz

Hey everyone,

This post is unofficial and the track may turn out not to be the one we get to race hopefully if it is then Anthony can merge it with his own official topic.

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Budapest (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 3rd January at 9pm (UK Time) (Unconfirmed)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

Happy New Year everyone! Some amazing times now whoa!

Thanks for the tips Fahad i can now get into my replays. Abandoned my tweaked set up and tried Brams again which i can now handle and managed to squeeze just ahead of Tomas. With another week i'd hope to get into the 15s. EvilEyez set up seems promising too. Had a go on a 1/1 setup but way in over my head with that! Major props for flingin that round the track Andrew!!

F1_2010_game 2011-01-03 20-50-14-86.jpg

Hi all, hope I'm not too late to submit my time..... managed to get a decent 70 laps in today and finushed with a time of 1:20.010. Desperately wanted to get under 1:20 but just missed out. Still pretty pleased with the ptogress though.
Having a few problems getting my screenshot uploaded but will hopefully have it sorted shortly.

Cheers all

HAMMER

Hi all, hope I'm not too late to submit my time..... managed to get a decent 70 laps in today and finushed with a time of 1:20.010. Desperately wanted to get under 1:20 but just missed out. Still pretty pleased with the ptogress though.
Having a few problems getting my screenshot uploaded but will hopefully have it sorted shortly.

Cheers all

HAMMER

If you are having troubles uploading, then ok you can have a few extra minutes. Yours is the last one to count though!

Thx all, Id like to thank my manager, my mum and dad, my sister, my fans, my lawyer and of course everyone who took part.

Also thank you James for deciding on the new track I was thinking there was gonna be an uprising if I got to pick another one.

Thanks James, hopefully this works now....

Not sure how to make it a thumbnail: $

03012011330.jpg

I dont understand the logic in the person who does the same time without assists gets put at the bottom of the list !?

Thx all, Id like to thank my manager, my mum and dad, my sister, my fans, my lawyer and of course everyone who took part.

Also thank you James for deciding on the new track I was thinking there was gonna be an uprising if I got to pick another one.

Well, it was actually hard to remember what ones have been done before!

I'm with you James.... petition guys to get me further up the list; )

Well done everyone, really enjoyed this track despite the lack of track time. Out of interest how many laps do you guys think you manage to put in for these TT's?

Mine personally was 2 clean laps, but about an hour of trying in total. I had issues changing from 3rd to 4th on this track, seemed to cause me to spin every time. I was losing time ion turn 4 - this is where I was dropping back from chris rees' ghost car. I was able to stay ahead most of the way until then. I lost patience in the end, so just stuck my 1:18.5 in for good measure.

I put in overall 18Laps at this track..
first 12 were on default low setup and got a tip from tamas.. i hit the 1.16 and the next few laps 1.15..
and that was it..

well anyway i think my days of time trial are over.. i have a league to prepare for.. so i dont think i can put in anymore time on this..
been in this competition for 9 consecutive weeks.. its been amazing and great competition..

Again congrats to Andrew.. maybe if the time trial is still running after my league finishes.. i will give you good fight..
The last 3 weeks of time trial have been bad for me.. as i haven't put in enough laps, less than 40 laps.. so thats not enough amount of dedication..

@mike, hammer, graham.. u guys are getting there.. hope to you see you guys on the top 10 list...
@hector - ur welcome, no probs mate..

@andrew - whoever starts the thread, it would be good, if you could post the results at the end of the thread after the TT period is over.

As the last TT didnt have the final results published..

Hi all, had to spend yesterday fixing exhaust on my real car an didn't get home til about 10pm so no chance to improve my time of 118.511 or even enter it as I saw Hammer (well done m8) was the last one allowed :-(

@Fahad, Can't believe we won't have u on here ! U will be missed. Cheers bud, used a very slightly tweaked version of your set up, will investigate further !
@Hammer, I did too many to count lol, but had to learn track an experiment wit set ups like yrself an a few others, it's a good way of learning the tracks for when/if I decide to go for the career mode
@James, I had exactly the same prob especially the 2 corners just after the chicane !

@Hammer full laps probably only 50 however laps until invalidated is closer to infinite than you might think.

@Fahad Hope your league is swift to completion and I would of done a results although someone in the last one already offered their services in that department, especially as im not really artistic.

On a side note the outside of turn 4 exit on mine is now more rubbered in than the proper track is (I cant guess why)

Gl all at Korea.

@Mike That's tough mate.. I wondered why you had not been around much. To be honest I had already considered your time entered and was using it as my incentive ;) I think it would have taken me a good few laps to get anywhere near it though.. I was well on for a sub 1:20 several times and on my last but one lap I actually was on target to beat it and then got too excited around the last turn and lost the back end :s

Initially turn 4 and the chicane was my nemesis but then once I got a bit of a rhythm they were ones I really enjoyed and it was turn 12 (I think.. the last right hander before the final turn…) that really kept giving me problems and also the final turn where I often struggled to get it right.

Wonder where Graham has disappeared to….. I kept expecting to find his time pipping me during the last day but he didn’t seem to get a chance for any more laps.

@Andrew That person was me who said about putting the final times up…. I'll try to get them up tonight… won’t be anything flashy though.. just the times in order.

Hi again guys,

Managed to get a few minutes at work to go through the thread and here are the standings as far as I can make out. If anyone thinks I have missed them or the list is out please let me know:-

1) Andrew 1:15.296
2) Fahad 1:15.551
3) Tamas 1:15.843
4) Hectari 1:16.883
5) Chris 1:17.104
6) Raman 1:17.977
7) James 1:18.579
8) Mike 1:18.711
9) Peter 1:20.010
10) David 1:20.777

Of course Mike had a 1:18.711 which would put him into 9th if that one is allowed… he did post his time earlier in the thread but without the screenie… I am fine with including it but I'll leave that up to the consensus.

Also, one thing.. how do you verify whether a lap is unassisted by the replay only? One time entered just had a replay. Not suggesting it wasn't a pucker lap but just would like some clarification.

Cheers all and good luck at AD

I have Graham added as a friend so can contact him.

OK then, that means we have to remove Michael's time (1:18.432) then as there was no screenie posted just a replay. I have edited the standings to reflect this....

Edit: mike's time of 1:18.711 now included - JC

Thx for getting the times up there.

Well if anyone can search through the Xbox live leaderboard to find Graham think his name is BobMule

As for replays they are only there to show others how its done, and dont have any validity to the times

I'll message Graham, @ James thanx for letting my time go on, tho if u check on xbox leaderboard i posted 118.512 which would put me ahead of u !!!!! but as i'm lucky to get a time at all due to missing deadline i'll take 8TH :D:tongue:
@Hammer, thanx m8, tbh the exhaust was more important (just lol) gutted u didn't break into the 119s, just 0.11 away !!! Groan, good improvement tho as u wr at 1.23 for a while cos of the hols !

1:16.384 was my updated time, sorry i didnt make it clear in my post just mentioned i snuck ahead of Tomas and added the pic.

..oh and i was going to post up a video as i was expecting to go quicker again but unfortunately didnt have the time to do a better time on time :rolleyes: ..will still try to fit it in at some point once i've made one for Yeongam.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back