F1 2010 Time Trial Week #9 Hungaroring, Budapest (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz

Hey everyone,

This post is unofficial and the track may turn out not to be the one we get to race hopefully if it is then Anthony can merge it with his own official topic.

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Budapest (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 3rd January at 9pm (UK Time) (Unconfirmed)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

Andrew had to go that bit quicker didnt he lol!!

Out of curiosity Andrew, you using a high or low downforce setting? Hungaroring should be high but ive noticed the car doesnt handle to bad with very little wing on in TT.

seriously!! Jeez! I done my lap with a 6 on front and 5 on rear. I tried little to no wing at points last night and although i could see it had potential the time i was gaining on the straights i was losing again through the twisties!

HELLLLLLPl, Just done a 118 7?? an paused it at the end of the straight, would like to be able to record it on my iphone an upload it to youtube or tinypic as did Graham, thing is i'm about 90+ laps in, (well this session lol) i tried to see if i could rewind earlier but had no idea wr the lap i wanted was !!! (i did it by the "replay lap" choice, if it helps, i dont think it was tht many laps since i went to garage & changed a thing or 2 ! So guys, can anyone help or point me direction of a post tht can explain !

@Graham, i only saw yr vid b4, i couldn't view the it on my iphone cos of frickin flashplayer thing Grrrr, but may i say wot a graceful flip, a 10 for the landing too lol, why dont u give my set up a go as it wont hurt to try different ones (i try all the aero setting from "fast fast fast" to slow slow slow an in between lol, my style means i prefer grip grip grip so avoid the really low ones, only a suggestion, oh an a BIG difference after i changed settings on the wheel ! good luck

@ MC Hammer lol, good to have ya back m8y, i can sense the relief here from u lol, hope its 3rd time lucky for yr wheel, mine is holding up well 118. 7?? in fact !!!! pain in the ass losin yr time like tht, really annoying

@Chris & Andrew i've just 2 words for u, Drug Test LMAO Gr8 times

If you paused it after the lap you just went quickest then it should be the last lap on replay.

Problem is I hate it when others have either the same speed or a bit faster on the straights, I like to know that if im on somebodies tail coming out of a corner then ive got a decent chance of passing.

Thats a good point and exactly what i need to rectify when playing online. I love having teh car underneath me through the corners but always seem to be caught out on the straights. Makes passing a whole lot more harder during a race. Interlagos for example. Im very quick around the lap but can never get to the point where im up the inside of someone for the Senna S as i have no speed down the straight. Frustrating to say the least :frown: Montreal is the same!

Here i am:
dgkn7l.jpg

Btw i'm using 6/3 wings. ;)

Firstly, apologies for missing the message you sent me on the 24th, saw it an hour ago....
Secondly, put some weight on you little runt. ;>
I had a problem loading ghosts one night but as far as I can tell either restarting or just waiting fixed it cos it hasn't happened since.... And I have my Wife on farmville, 2 phones, Daughter on DSi and Son on PS3 so connection doesn't seem to affect it. Loving the wheel even though I'm rubbish, get a time in on Budapest, Mike has me hammered by over 3 secs just now.

Chris, Andrew, you guys are machines, good going.

No worries Graham.. I wasn;t offended *sniff* ;)

*lol* I'm not exactly a stick insect.. 5'10" and 13 stone.. they just seem to fit well for me.

I can't load any of my own laps.... same has happened now with my Hungaroring one... the message says corrupt data!! Is there something that can be deleted on the Xbox as there must clearly be a dodgy file created somewhere that holds these ghost laps. It's a real pain in the bum!!

Got my first 25 laps under my belt las night but only got down to a 1:24 something :s Turn 4 seems to catch me out a lot!! Love driving this circuit though :)

@Hammer, there may be some sort of problem on xbox, my 118.711 isn't showing on the global leaderboard or Friends shows my old time of 119 2?? yet my 118 shows as my personal best wen i go to either race my or choose someone else's ghost an even wen i start the TT it's in the personal best, but if i choose the option "next target time" it gives the next person wit the same 119 time as my old one !!!!!

Fahad, i'll join ya tnte, jus need to get a flight !!!! lol

everyone is welcome
@mike - you should told me earlier.. i would have asked santa to give u a ride here during xmas..
@chris - mate.. i think i will dead asleep by the time the fireworks starts..
@Tomas - hehe... dont be.. im jealous of lb time tough,.

oh.. back to topic.. gave it a go just now..
1.17.8 lolz..
and sorry there is no game sound in the video.. didnt realize the fraps audio capture was off..

UPDATE : The vid is of 1.17.8
but time managed so far is 1.17.4

so 1.15 is possible.. u can see i almost lost the car a couple of times.. and i very late to putting down the throttle.. used rfactor now.. coz there you can slam the throttle like f12010..

Hey all, been lurking around race department since i got F1 2010. Love the game but i don't know where i'd be without this site! Thanks to all of you! So anyway i've been practicing with no assists for a while, it's been a steep learning curve but very satisfying and i feel like i'm really getting to grips with it. Well worth the time and effort, so much more fun. I'm now putting in a lot more laps and tweaking setups to my style.

So anyway, G25 on PC and started off with Brams setup. Added more wing (7/3) and made a few other changes, will post it up later after some more laps and a little more tweaking, feel there's a little more time to be squeezed from it! Will also see if i can run some laps on 1/1 but i really think it'l be beyond my skill level just now!

1:16.883 is my time so far but lost probably half a second with a few mistakes. 1:15 is possible, but don't know if i'm capable of pushing that hard and nailing it! Tried to take a vid but replay wouldnt load it just bugged out with a weird brown screen anyone know what's up with that? I'll try again when i put a quicker lap in.

F1_2010_game 2010-12-31 16-11-55-15.jpg

the thing about replay screen is..
once you go to TT mode.. load up your setup.. and keep doing hotlaps.. once you are done.. quit to paddock.. then the view replay should work just fine..
make sure during all the laps that you do.. you shouldnt go back to garage or even restart.. so basically.. keep lapping over after another..
also note that.. your replay will probably hold 12~13 laps.. so you have around 13 laps to get a time.. if not.. you need to quit to paddock and restart the process over..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back