F1 2010 Time Trial Week #13 Valencia, Europe (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Time Trial Week #13 Valencia, Europe (Wet)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Valencia, Europe (Wet)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 31st January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Just took 6.229 secs of my own personal best here I know Wekkie (Grisfiske) is quicker but he will have to shiver in his boots until later in the week.

1:41.280

Attachments

• Valencia Wet.jpg
    Valencia Wet.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 289
I used to think that, but its god fun. I never thought I'd get the wet time i did at sao paulo

I've got a lot of patience, I mean a LOT of patience, I put tons of hours into circuits. But wet drives me crazy, it's too bloody hard, particularly on a long circuit, with no traction and no racing line :D But having said all that, my mood will no doubt change for wet tracks at some point and I'll try it. I just enjoy dry far more.

On the plus side, I just beat TomasT's laptime on monza dry, so that'll do me for the week, lol.

Its about the same as an online/career race in the dry yes, its where I practice dry online races if I think I need to practice the track, however saying that half throttle well im doing a fair bit more than that (although I dont mind the rear slipping).

I HATE IT!!!!! lol Got an hour in but with kids clambering over me and asking about supper. My current time should be the one for everyone to beat. I've never been keen on this track and the wet has scuppered me on it.

I don't mind doing wet tracks, after all there are a limited amount of tracks and to do this comp every week until 2011 comes out means we'll have to do every track wet and dry so really every second week should be a wet track. I actually really enjoyed Singapore in the wet but I have a friend (yes, I have friends) who hates it even in the dry.... He pipped me tonight after about 3 laps though. Grrr.

Anyone (Andrew) offering a setup? I'd be particularly interested in gears, I have them all set as high as they'll go at the moment, the rest of my setup is Andrew's usual but ballast is 20/80, anti-roll 1-1 and alignment is top two all the way to the left and bottom two all the way to the right.

@James - I can't get out of the first sharp corner in front of you so I'd be interested in your setup. BTW, interesting that you posted a time yesterday because it only showed up on my leaderboard after I'd been playing for 20 mins tonight. My XBox is weird. lol

@Chris - Well done, think I was racing your 1:41..... or at least trying to chase it. VERY nice time, nice to see an XBox putting Andrew to the test. lol

Np ill go get my setup just remember its gears are currently set for a Lotus top end so a Mclaren will be 7th gear 2 points to the right.

This is basically my bog standard setup by the end of the week there may be changes, if there are look for the reasons at the bottom of the post to see what ive altered.

Happy Hunting!!

Logitech G25 Steering Wheel
No Aids

Time Trial
Time: 1:38:872
Car: Mclaren

Career (Season 1)
Time:
Time:
Car:

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 40% - R 60%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox

Gear 1: 124 kph / 77 mph
Gear 2: 152 kph / 95 mph
Gear 3: 180 kph / 112 mph
Gear 4: 208 kph / 129 mph
Gear 5: 238 kph / 148 mph
Gear 6: 272 kph / 169 mph
Gear 7: 311 kph / 194 mph

Engine

Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: n/a

Alignment

Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.10
Toe rear: 0.35

This is one of the circuits for whatever reason i have not found to bad and enjoyed. Some of the others i have struggled on quite a bit. The only corners that i have found a bit tricky is turn 1 and the really fast twisty part right at the end of the lap, getting on the power out of the hairpin and into the twisties was testing me quite a bit (ended up facing backwards quite a few times)!! Just a shame that Andrew put up his time in a Lotus lol. Now we will see what hes really made of when out comes the Mclaren or whatnot.

Blimmey, just realised im using a completely different set up to you guys. I have more ballast on the front ie 70/30, anti roll bars at near max and all alignments are to the left. Not sure what wings settings you used but i used front 2 and rear 1.

I dont really want to go in the Mclaren, since ive been up there for so long I can imagine it would get annoying and I would hate to kill the competition off. However if you guys want me to get a time up there in the Mclaren ill do my damnedest to go as fast as I can.

p.s will have to wait till tomorrow though got work in 6 hours.

@James - I can't get out of the first sharp corner in front of you so I'd be interested in your setup. BTW, interesting that you posted a time yesterday because it only showed up on my leaderboard after I'd been playing for 20 mins tonight. My XBox is weird. lol

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 3 Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F%/R% 48/52 Pressure: High Brake Size: Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F%/R% 50/50 Front Anti-roll Bar: 11 Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 2 Rear Ride Height: 2 Front Spring Stiffness: 11 Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox KPH MPH Gear 1: xxx kph / xxx mph 121 75.625 Gear 2: xxx kph / xxx mph 149 93.125 Gear 3: xxx kph / xxx mph 176 110 Gear 4: xxx kph / xxx mph 204 127.5 Gear 5: xxx kph / xxx mph 234 146.25 Gear 6: xxx kph / xxx mph 264 165 Gear 7: xxx kph / xxx mph 302 188.75

Engine

Throttle map: Fast Fuel:

Alignment

Camber front: -1.3 Camber rear: -3.2 Toe front: 0.09 Toe rear: 0.38

I think. This is one I typed up into an excel doc, but it may not be this one....

Well thought id get in a few laps before work that times gonna be hard to beat in the Lotus James but ill give it a shot though especially since I just shaved off 2 tenths.

1:41.061 with the Lotus, sod it im gonna go do a lap with the Mclaren. brb
1:39.710 atm with the Mclaren will beat #1 when I get back home oh and no need to change my original setup seems the top end gear was already for the Mclaren.

Attachments

• Valencia Wet.jpg
    Valencia Wet.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 224
  • Valencia Wet.jpg
    Valencia Wet.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 267

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.