F1 2010 Time Trial Week #13 Valencia, Europe (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Time Trial Week #13 Valencia, Europe (Wet)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Valencia, Europe (Wet)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 31st January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

You need more of a challenge Andrew. I think you should try and beat your time with reverse gear only, driving backwards. :)
Meantime, I'm trying to beat your time on monza, I've got 1:18.990 so far, I think you're somewhere around 1:18.3xx.
Sorry for the slight off topic.

Good luck with that ill go improve it in a minute (joke)

I've done 1:18.661 now on monza. I'm so close to you I can practically smell the haggis you're eating. Actually the guy leading our TT on a different forum just got 1:18.184.

edit: anyway, I won't continue posting in this thread about monza, I don't want to derail it. Andrew, look out for a new thread in the main forum with your name in the title within the next hour or so.:)

Flippin' 'eck!!!! This track is a nightmare :frown: Definitely the toughest one I have tried.. I am not familiar with it at all as this is the first sim \ game that I have had with it included and I am truly hopeless!! It's so grey and dingy in the wet and I am finding it so difficult to identify braking points at the moment.... and that final sector.. oh boy... has me all over the place and as for the last corner... what can I say ARGH!!!!!!!! would about sum it up :mad: *lol*Lost count of the times I got to there without realising and overshot the turn in.

Did about 45 minutes in total last night and only managed about 3 valid laps and only just got under 2 minutes :redface: Horrendous!!

I always aim to get somewhere within about 5% of the front runners but this time I reckon I'll be lucky to get within 10% here...

Anyone care to offer a setup for me to use, preferably one that has headlights a gps and a capable driver included *lol*

Good luck all......

Flippin' 'eck!!!! This track is a nightmare :frown: Definitely the toughest one I have tried.. I am not familiar with it at all as this is the first sim \ game that I have had with it included and I am truly hopeless!! It's so grey and dingy in the wet and I am finding it so difficult to identify braking points at the moment.... and that final sector.. oh boy... has me all over the place and as for the last corner... what can I say ARGH!!!!!!!! would about sum it up :mad: *lol*Lost count of the times I got to there without realising and overshot the turn in.

Did about 45 minutes in total last night and only managed about 3 valid laps and only just got under 2 minutes :redface: Horrendous!!

I always aim to get somewhere within about 5% of the front runners but this time I reckon I'll be lucky to get within 10% here...

Anyone care to offer a setup for me to use, preferably one that has headlights a gps and a capable driver included *lol*

Good luck all......

Sounds like you need 'The Stig' mod :)

*lol* I was thinking more of the Lewis Hamilton drives my car mod!!

You managed to get any time on the track yet?

Yes I have had a few laps, think im currently about 6 or 7 seconds shy of Andrews time. Seem like a lot of folks are stuggling on this one.
Had a booming headache last night so I didnt play long. I ended up watching the RD iRacing World Touring Masters live stream from Spa - it was a very entertaining race, 40 strong grid, lots of close and more importantly clean racing.

*Yoink* thx Bronka ill have that place. Took nearly half a second off my last time.

@Wekkie you had a nice run through the bridge section caught me up bucket loads (and passed me by quite a margin), I bet you were really nervous for the rest of the lap right up to the line

(Edit) Determined to break the 1:39 barrier tonight hopefully before the Monaco race but ill be just as happy if I manage it afterwards.

1:39.221

Attachments

• Valencia Wet.jpg
    Valencia Wet.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 191
.....Did about 45 minutes in total last night and only managed about 3 valid laps and only just got under 2 minutes :redface: Horrendous!!....

It took me over 2.5 hours tonight to get three valid laps!!!

.....Anyone care to offer a setup for me to use, preferably one that has headlights a gps and a capable driver included *lol*

Good luck all......

This is mine, it's slightly modified from Andrews and a bit more stable, I had to alter the gears as well because otherwise 7th gear just doesn't get going. First gear is the standard, 77mph I think and second an third are one and two notches up if I remember, I'll hopefully confirm tomorrow or Sat. Rear Camber is fully to the left, I can't remember if that's 3.00 though. The ones in red are what's been changed. I finally got an almost respectable time with it, 1:47.2xx if I remember correctly. Hoping to better it so no pic yet.

Car: Mclaren

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 20% - R 80%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 1

Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox

Gear 1: xxx kph / xx mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / xx mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 136 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 156 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 176 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 196 mph

Engine

Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: n/a

Alignment

Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.10
Toe rear: 0.35

Thanks for the setup Graham.. I'll hopefully get a few laps in tonight and report back how I got on.. anything close to a 1:47 is way off in the distance for me right now. I reckon I'll need a good 100+ laps to have a chance of getting below 1:50.....

Struggling badly here.... another 20 laps this morning and found another couple of seconds but still stuck in the 1:50's...
Really difficult to see where I can find the sort of time to get me anywhere near to the sort of gap I usually have to the front runners. Right now I would be happy to get to the 1:48's :$

Ive managed to improve my 1:48 to a 1:44.674 this afternoon.

I can see lots of room for improvement on that time, but whether I can actually make it happen is another thing!

Keep it up Peter! - ive dropped the low gears right down and that seems to be helping a bit.

Just had another half hour and improved another 8 tenths but that still leaves me at 1:50.153 :$
I'll try the gears Paul, thanks. Think this one has me beat though as even when I'm on a good lap I don't think I would be below a 1:48.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back