Thruxton 1990s

Tracks Thruxton 1990s 1.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
James Skinner submitted a new resource:

Thruxton 1990s - The UK's fastest circuit recreated as it was in the height of the BTCC era

I’m pleased to release the 90s version of my Thruxton track, replicated as it was (arguably) at the height of the BTCC touring car era. I had initially planned to do this as a layout / skin combo, however, so much has changed that it was simpler to do a complete reworking. It’s now been 10 years since I started the original Thruxton and having done a complete Lidar scan reworking of that in 2020, this new ‘historic’ version means I’ve had something of an epic journey with this track mod...

Read more about this resource...

I've avoided putting them there as they weren't there at the time in all the reference photos I collected. There is a penalty for cutting too much, however if there are issues with people gaining an unfair advantage in online races I will consider adding them as I did with the original Thruxton track...

I've avoided putting them there as they weren't there at the time in all the reference photos I collected. There is a penalty for cutting too much, however if there are issues with people gaining an unfair advantage in online races I will consider adding them as I did with the original Thruxton track...
You did? I've not seen the original with tyre stacks :( Could you please send me a link for that? :)

Very nice indeed. Love the "standard" Thruxton, so a classic version is just great, many thanks.

Just minor question: pics below, is that normal or a (new) csp bug? (CSP 0.2.0/Sol 2.2.9 here).
js_thruxton90s.jpg

A small question regarding your excellent Thruxton 90s.
After driving some time, there is a extreme flickering/flashing, mostly on the gras textures.
I read from antoher user on the reviews, that has the same problem.
Otherwise: Perfect!

A small question regarding your excellent Thruxton 90s.
After driving some time, there is a extreme flickering/flashing, mostly on the gras textures.
I read from antoher user on the reviews, that has the same problem.
Otherwise: Perfect!
This is very strange - never noticed this in many many miles of testing, mostly in VR. Possibly a CSP Grass FX issue so would be good to know your settings - but it gets quite hard to troubleshoot with the sheer number of combinations CSP can give!

Very nice indeed. Love the "standard" Thruxton, so a classic version is just great, many thanks.

Just minor question: pics below, is that normal or a (new) csp bug? (CSP 0.2.0/Sol 2.2.9 here).
View attachment 723437
Add this to ext config
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = rubber kerbs fix
MATERIALS = rubberkerbs
SHADER= ksPerPixelAlpha
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND
PROP_... = alpha, 0.65

James Skinner updated Thruxton 1990s with a new update entry:

Thruxton 90s bug fixes

A few minor quick fixes and updates as promised - mostly shader and texture corrections:
Version 1.02
Fixed incorrect shader/ transparency settings on kerb rubber textures
Fixed incorrect texture masking setup and re-added missing normal mapping on kerbs texture
Added missing lines from extension config for balloon flames animation
Added rubber / groove at Goodwood corner
Various shader tweaks and texture colour corrections
Fixed holes in meshes near Complex
Added missing 3d GrassFX at Club...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Has there been any more updates / fixes for the flashing textures? I absolutely love this track . Such outstanding work. I am using the latest PURE and CSP paid versions. I'm running default settings other than triple monitor settings. Thank you for any assistance with this. Much appreciated !

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.