Thrustmaster TX base vs T300 base?

Hi - I'm considering buying the Thrustmaster wheel package that includes the TX base unit, T3PA pedals, and TM Leather 28 GT rim, as this includes my preferred wheel rim and pedals:

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/xbox-one/steering-wheels/tx-racing-wheel-leather-edition.html

I was wondering, though, whether the T300 servo base is any better than the TX base, apart from the obvious differences (1080 degrees steering lock vs 900, PS4 compatibility vs XBox One)? If not, then I think I'd actually prefer the TX base, partially because of the package deal above, but also, although I don't own a console currently, I think I'd rather have XBox One compatibility than PS4 (for Forza etc.)

Apologies in advance if this is seen as completely irrelevant, but who uses 900 and 1080 degrees in racing situations? Even in rallying I never use anymore than 500 degrees, and in single seaters the minimum 270 degrees is almost too much.
I believe the T300 base is fairly low noise, judging from youtube vids. I'm on the lookout for a T300 wheel in the near future aswell.
Well drift uses all 1080 degrees.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back